Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick himself 19:07 - Jan 18 with 2910 viewsFrimleyBlue

Now. I dont know Mick. But surely hes reached a point where he feels himself he is just being a money grabber who can not take this club further.

Surely hearing and seeing the increasing fan uproar he would have left a month or so ago after quite frankily an awful 18 months of football.

Hes gone from savour to villain and it will only get worse.

Go now mick to preserve the respect you deserve for keeping us up when you came in rather than leaving on a sour note and all your hard work forgotten.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mick himself on 19:12 - Jan 18 with 2852 viewsJ2BLUE

Some of you need to get in the real world. He is a football manager who has made it clear he believes he is doing a good job 'under the circumstances' and think we're overreacting. He has no prior loyalty to Ipswich and the man who pays his wages clearly loves him and wants him to stay. In what world is he going to walk away from his contract? When he eventually leaves he will walk into another job at a club with money and probably be a success. Fan criticism isn't going to bother him and i'd imagine as he goes about his day to day life no one who comes into contact with him says a negative word to him. Can you imagine TWTD's most abusive face to face with him? They'd probably ask for an autograph. The media give him an easy ride as well. Why would he resign? In fact, blue tinted specs off, why SHOULD he resign? There is certainly a case for someone without ITFC loyalty and love doing a good job under the circumstances so I can see why he keeps pushing that line.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick himself on 19:14 - Jan 18 with 2829 viewsRozz

I don't understand this viewpoint at all. Would you walk from a job, even if you were professionally and personally criticised / attacked almost daily, if staying meant a potential £2mil+ payout?

Like feck is he walking.
Mick himself on 19:17 - Jan 18 with 2794 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mick himself on 19:14 - Jan 18 by Rozz

I don't understand this viewpoint at all. Would you walk from a job, even if you were professionally and personally criticised / attacked almost daily, if staying meant a potential £2mil+ payout?

Like feck is he walking.

Tbh. Having earnt the money he already has. Yes i would. But then id be happy with what id earnt and wouldnt feel the want and desire to have abuse everyday just as long as i get paid.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Mick himself on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 2789 viewsI_AM_GOD

As much as I feel Mick is the wrong man for the job right now, any manager in that job is going to believe himself to be the right man. The moment he doubts himself to be that right man, they should leave the role.

Managers have to be thick skinned, perhaps even arrogant to a certain level, and take a lot of abuse. Even if us fans think they are wrong, they have to keep that belief.

And give Mick credit, he believes he is the right man and doing the right thing. If he suddenly changes the whole approach to matches, the team and the fans/press, then the end is nigh.

Although I suspect, even if he won every match between now and the paly-off final which he wins for us at Wembley this season, I doubt many fans will change their beliefs in him now.
Mick himself on 19:20 - Jan 18 with 2769 viewsLankHenners

It's pretty obvious he's going to leave on a sour note, too many people have turned, but if anyone chooses to slag him off over thanking him for what he's done for us (even if it's petered out into stagnation) then they're a massive div.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mick himself on 23:18 - Jan 18 with 2490 viewsRyorry

Like feck is he walking.

Yes, I would walk. There's a lot more to life than money, esp when you've already earned enough to ensure your own and your family's security.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mick himself on 23:20 - Jan 18 with 2461 viewstextbackup

Mick himself on 19:20 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

It's pretty obvious he's going to leave on a sour note, too many people have turned, but if anyone chooses to slag him off over thanking him for what he's done for us (even if it's petered out into stagnation) then they're a massive div.

Thank him for a playoff finish? We lost to our local rivals, in the semis, itbwasnt like we got to Wembley and narrowly lost on pens.
That season was great, but it's all been completely undone now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick himself on 23:21 - Jan 18 with 2459 viewsbluelagos

Mick himself on 23:18 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Yes, I would walk. There's a lot more to life than money, esp when you've already earned enough to ensure your own and your family's security.

Got no idea of MM's wealth, but I'd be surprised to see him walk away from the club and a £2m payoff (If that's what it is)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick himself on 23:23 - Jan 18 with 2439 viewsdavid_mcgoldrick

Think mick will stay until he is sacked. It will affect him but not too much. Plus the payout too expensive lifestyle he lives.
Mick himself on 23:26 - Jan 18 with 2425 viewsRyorry

Mick himself on 23:21 - Jan 18 by bluelagos

Got no idea of MM's wealth, but I'd be surprised to see him walk away from the club and a £2m payoff (If that's what it is)

Depends on the individual of course. For me it'd be a no-brainer, and resignation letter would have been in ME's inbox by midnight.

Mick himself on 23:29 - Jan 18 with 2403 viewsjeera

"Now. I dont know Mick.

...so, I'm going to invent my own version".

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick himself on 00:08 - Jan 19 with 2308 viewsLankHenners

Mick himself on 23:20 - Jan 18 by textbackup

Thank him for a playoff finish? We lost to our local rivals, in the semis, itbwasnt like we got to Wembley and narrowly lost on pens.
That season was great, but it's all been completely undone now

Saving us from almost certain relegation then providing us with a glimmer of light and some enjoyment for the first time in years.

Agree a lot of what we had has been lost but still have a lot to thank him for, even if he leaves on bad terms, which it looks like he will.

Wolves fans said this would happen - deliver some pride and good times at the club, but would end up ostracising a part of the fanbase and leave on bad terms when it could have been much better. After a bit of time everyone came round and appreciated what he'd done.

Mick himself on 00:11 - Jan 19 with 2289 viewsjeera

Mick himself on 00:08 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

Saving us from almost certain relegation then providing us with a glimmer of light and some enjoyment for the first time in years.

Agree a lot of what we had has been lost but still have a lot to thank him for, even if he leaves on bad terms, which it looks like he will.

Wolves fans said this would happen - deliver some pride and good times at the club, but would end up ostracising a part of the fanbase and leave on bad terms when it could have been much better. After a bit of time everyone came round and appreciated what he'd done.

Where/if he goes next, maybe he should employed as a short term trouble shooter.

Go in, get job done, get out.

2 year contract only. Or something.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick himself on 05:47 - Jan 19 with 2140 viewsKeaneish

Like feck is he walking.

His resignation would deflect some of the humiliation from the club in my opinion and for a 'proud footballing man', there's integrity in doing that. However, despite being very wealthy, money clearly talks louder and despite building a good reputation here, he appears to be perfectly at ease with squandering that for the readies - a sad indictment of the modern game.

The flip side is he probably thinks he can claw back the adulation of the fans with a few wins and maintain the mediocrity and we'll be happy because he's done his job. Sadly though, the damage is done.

Mick's words of being a proud man ring hollow to me now in the face of that public humiliation. His words after the game didn't carry the passion id expect from someone hurting. He can have my cash, it means nothing to me, but he's lost all my respect.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick himself on 06:11 - Jan 19 with 2113 viewsRaedwald_625

Mick himself on 19:20 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

totally disagree. MM's brand of football has turned thousands away, including the young'uns that are tomorrow's fans.

As well as two years of ineffective hoofball we have had consistently inconsistent results, an increasingly tarnished image (and so losing young fans) and fans turning against the club.

It's only because we've had such cr@p managers before that folk like you can't see how bad at his job he really is.

Edit: GuidePostBlue thinks we should be forever grateful.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 6:43]
Mick himself on 07:41 - Jan 19 with 1992 viewslazyblue

Would you resign from a job if you knew that you leaving would mean 3/4 others would probably lose their job to including your best mate who has worked hard for you.
Mick himself on 09:51 - Jan 19 with 1867 viewsBent_double

Mick himself on 19:12 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

Some of you need to get in the real world. He is a football manager who has made it clear he believes he is doing a good job 'under the circumstances' and think we're overreacting. He has no prior loyalty to Ipswich and the man who pays his wages clearly loves him and wants him to stay. In what world is he going to walk away from his contract? When he eventually leaves he will walk into another job at a club with money and probably be a success. Fan criticism isn't going to bother him and i'd imagine as he goes about his day to day life no one who comes into contact with him says a negative word to him. Can you imagine TWTD's most abusive face to face with him? They'd probably ask for an autograph. The media give him an easy ride as well. Why would he resign? In fact, blue tinted specs off, why SHOULD he resign? There is certainly a case for someone without ITFC loyalty and love doing a good job under the circumstances so I can see why he keeps pushing that line.

Can't disagree with your logic there, but on the other hand, he's not doing himself any favours with regard to future employment the longer he stays on here.

Can you imagine any football club owner/chairman employing him and TC if they saw that dispay the other night? I know it was just one game, but his reputation is rapidly going downhill (in the eyes of fans anyway), and he'll end up just becoming the kind of manager who gets called in to save a club short-term, probably in Leagues 1 or 2.

Didn't Jewell walk when he finally realised he could do no more? Probably takes more guts than staying somewhere you're clearly not wanted.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mick himself on 10:35 - Jan 19 with 1789 viewsLankHenners

Mick himself on 06:11 - Jan 19 by Raedwald_625

totally disagree. MM's brand of football has turned thousands away, including the young'uns that are tomorrow's fans.

As well as two years of ineffective hoofball we have had consistently inconsistent results, an increasingly tarnished image (and so losing young fans) and fans turning against the club.

It's only because we've had such cr@p managers before that folk like you can't see how bad at his job he really is.

Edit: GuidePostBlue thinks we should be forever grateful.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 6:43]

You've deliberately ignored the first half of his reign here, so I won't bother engaging you further on this.

Mick himself on 10:42 - Jan 19 with 1753 viewsLightningboy

The problem is I doubt you'll find a football manager with a thicker skin than McCarthy...there's no way he'll walk away from his pension pot.

The whole "saviour" thing is getting on my tits now too..he took over a decent squad 10 weeks into a season - any half decent manager would and should've easily kept us up.

The football on offer since has been below average at best..it won't improve until he's gone.
Mick himself on 10:43 - Jan 19 with 1748 viewsRyorry

Mick himself on 23:26 - Jan 18 by Ryorry

Depends on the individual of course. For me it'd be a no-brainer, and resignation letter would have been in ME's inbox by midnight.

Please explain to me what's wrong with my post, GuidePostBlue.

Mick himself on 10:46 - Jan 19 with 1716 viewsm14_blue

Mick himself on 19:12 - Jan 18 by J2BLUE

Mostly agree except for I think it's obvious that the fan criticism really does bother him, as it should.

Mick is a proud man and I think he's hurting badly with how things are at the moment.
Mick himself on 10:51 - Jan 19 with 1691 viewsITFC_Forever

He probably doesn't feel his is a money-grabber at all.

I expect he genuinely feels he can turn it round and is doing his best to do so - whether we agree with that or not is a different matter.

But I don't get the impression he is only interested in money, and to suggest he is, is personally insulting to him.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mick himself on 10:53 - Jan 19 with 1668 viewshype313

Mick himself on 23:21 - Jan 18 by bluelagos

He's got to pay for his Ferrari somehow.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024