Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's doing Huddersfield then? 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1473 viewsMullet

Seem to remember the crowd was buoyed by lots of on the day payers last season. Seemed fairly full anyway.

Can't see it being fun this time. Sh1t and now faded little bowl off the track towards Leeds, Town's form all over the place and a growing sense that whether we're cursed or just come to the end people want blood. Has all the makings of a memorable last stand for a manager and few senior players to avoid all out revulsion towards them.

At least they always overdo the pies and sell them off cheap afterwards.

With Webster out too I dunno what else we throw at the starting XI to disrupt it, ebola? I actually thought Digby looked far closer (maybe not yet close enough) to being a first teamer than I expected. Maybe it was the setting and circumstance, but we might see him come into his own if Mick persists with this 3 at the back fad.

I suppose with this and PNE it's a chance to regroup away from the toxicity and angst of Portman Rd. The Bristol and Blackburn goodwill is long gone isn't it? A first look at Moore, given how bad Best was seems likely too I suppose.

This isn't quite like the end days of the last two, but it feels like the end days of Mick because the stakes seem so much higher and therefore the odds so much longer. If he can't pull off a top half finish as cover to limp into next season, he and Milne will have literally nothing to point to in terms of achievement. However much we accept any adversity or not.

Even the youngsters haven't stayed fit long enough to really impact the first team. Bar the 17 year old Dozzell I think they've all missed at least a game due to knocks or more. You'd at least foresee a case of them being held up as some small comfort by the club and signpost to next season, but I can even see that being taken from them.

Could see Mick go completely maverick and chuck a curveball this week or so. Then you know the name on the office door is about to be changed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:45 - Jan 18 with 1441 views3_5_2

When you leave a note out for the milkman is it 2 feet long ?

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:47 - Jan 18 with 1430 viewsMullet

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:45 - Jan 18 by 3_5_2

When you leave a note out for the milkman is it 2 feet long ?

No, because it's not 1974 and I don't work in imperial.

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:49 - Jan 18 with 1410 viewsJ2BLUE

Surprisingly enough i'm not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:51 - Jan 18 with 1399 viewsSteve_M

It's a good away day for beer at least. Can't see the football being much fun either.

I would probably have gone but will be struggling to get round my flat still.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:53 - Jan 18 with 1375 views3_5_2

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:47 - Jan 18 by Mullet

No, because it's not 1974 and I don't work in imperial.

That's a yes then

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:54 - Jan 18 with 1362 viewsRentaghost

No I'm at Preston week after. Was going to go as holiday day off work that weekend but rather spend money on something worth while.

Poll: Will the club pay a transfer fee before the season starts?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:01 - Jan 18 with 1269 viewsSitfcB

See you there. We'll win.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:04 - Jan 18 with 1251 viewsPJH

I will be there and Preston and Villa and Brighton and...
Login to get fewer ads

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:16 - Jan 18 with 1188 viewscbower

I will be there with my boy. Not sure why but I have a feeling we will actually get something. The situation really is a great pity. 20 months ago it felt like the start of something good. A spirit that saw players and fans with belief that we could cope with the top teams through nous, grit and passion. It all feels to have been pi$$ed away. For all I like Mick, he has never resolved some key personel issues. Central midfield - someone to get beyond the strikers now and again. Wide players -god knows he has tried a fair few. Right back -well let's not start. The decision to let Murphy go, however, will in hindsight be seen as absolutely pivotal. Maybe he has been let down by Evans but he has always maintained he knew the gig. Sad timesd

bluescouser

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:23 - Jan 18 with 1142 viewsMullet

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 19:51 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

It's a good away day for beer at least. Can't see the football being much fun either.

I would probably have gone but will be struggling to get round my flat still.

Yeah not a massive amount of decent choices but enough. I'll have a pint of something horrible and pointless in your honour.

Not really, I'll have a Spanish Gold.

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:24 - Jan 18 with 1126 viewsjimsymBLUE

Yep, always do Huddersfield as couple of friends support them and cracking day on the lash. Travelling up from Chelmo in the morning to make the Grove for opening time!!
Can't praise the pie stall in the market highly enough too.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:28 - Jan 18 with 1099 viewsMullet

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:16 - Jan 18 by cbower

I will be there with my boy. Not sure why but I have a feeling we will actually get something. The situation really is a great pity. 20 months ago it felt like the start of something good. A spirit that saw players and fans with belief that we could cope with the top teams through nous, grit and passion. It all feels to have been pi$$ed away. For all I like Mick, he has never resolved some key personel issues. Central midfield - someone to get beyond the strikers now and again. Wide players -god knows he has tried a fair few. Right back -well let's not start. The decision to let Murphy go, however, will in hindsight be seen as absolutely pivotal. Maybe he has been let down by Evans but he has always maintained he knew the gig. Sad timesd

Some unforeseen, some subjective and others with hindsight.

Chambers has never been the problem made out. It's the partner for Skuse we've never got right as well as the wingers as outlets which have been top of the list for me.

Bishop has been the biggest let down this season, not his fault obviously but any of him, Hyam and Smith would have reversed some if not much of the issues and form this season. Mick's done rather well not to make it a crutch or excuse when others would have just chucked cash at it and not worried.

A shame we won't have Ward or Watkins or whoever it might be on Saturday. A fresh face might be all it takes for a bit of magic.

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:37 - Jan 18 with 1034 viewsVic

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:28 - Jan 18 by Mullet

Chambers has never been the problem made out. It's the partner for Skuse we've never got right as well as the wingers as outlets which have been top of the list for me.

Bishop has been the biggest let down this season, not his fault obviously but any of him, Hyam and Smith would have reversed some if not much of the issues and form this season. Mick's done rather well not to make it a crutch or excuse when others would have just chucked cash at it and not worried.

A shame we won't have Ward or Watkins or whoever it might be on Saturday. A fresh face might be all it takes for a bit of magic.

'Might' is the operative word! Sadly I've got to the point that I don't actually think 1 signing will make the difference, unless they are no very special. I fear they would quickly be dragged down to the mediocrity of the rest pretty soon - rather like Grant Ward has been.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:43 - Jan 18 with 1007 viewscbower

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:28 - Jan 18 by Mullet

I have commented before that we have, somewhat perversely, missed Hyam. He was never the ideal partner for Skuse and has lots of limitations but he certainly added some steel, closing down and energy we have lacked and Douglas has never provided. Smith has been missed too, more than many would think. Hope he comes back soon. Berra needs to come out of the firing line. He was embrassingly inept first half last night and is not suited to a three at all unless he were to be in the centre. Bish, even when he has played has just not looked the player we know he can be. Chambers, I agree has been no disaster but his poor distribution has become increasingly frustrating for me and a limiting factor in developing an effective pattern of play post Murphy.
You never know, maybe we might actually speak face to face sometime!

bluescouser

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 968 viewsdalianwasexciting

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:43 - Jan 18 by cbower

I have commented before that we have, somewhat perversely, missed Hyam. He was never the ideal partner for Skuse and has lots of limitations but he certainly added some steel, closing down and energy we have lacked and Douglas has never provided. Smith has been missed too, more than many would think. Hope he comes back soon. Berra needs to come out of the firing line. He was embrassingly inept first half last night and is not suited to a three at all unless he were to be in the centre. Bish, even when he has played has just not looked the player we know he can be. Chambers, I agree has been no disaster but his poor distribution has become increasingly frustrating for me and a limiting factor in developing an effective pattern of play post Murphy.

I will be there but expecting a very subdued and potentially volatile Town following,

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 953 viewsVic

Have an uppy, completely agree. We might not be in the playoffs with Smith and Huambo but I don't think we'd be in the mess we are now.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:52 - Jan 18 with 934 viewsBlueAllOver

Yes will be going to Huddersfield & Preston, looking
forward to it, 2 wins from last 3 in the league hardly disastrous
form, despite what the doom and gloom merchants put out regarding
nailed on relegation, time to move on from last nights disappointment.

Hopefully will start to get some more bodies back from injury
in the next few weeks, and some further additions would be ideal. COYB!
Who's doing Huddersfield then? on 20:59 - Jan 18 with 905 viewsMullet

Sounds like I'll be the bloke who's not Sitters and under 40, feel free to pop over!

The problem is Douglas is standing alone when it was both he and Coke that got all the ire. Weirdly Bru escapes it when he arguably contributes so little so often. Maybe because he's a bit creative he gets a pass?

Either way people seem to forget they're the 5th or 6th choice too often.

Berra was utterly dreadful last night, and he's been getting worse over time. I just can't figure him out right now. Maybe because he can't play his game and guide Webster.

I think a lot of the pattern issues is down to the stopstart selection issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024