Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? 20:31 - Jan 18 with 2322 viewsjasondozzell

Mick brought a togetherness and team spirit back after rudderless Jewell years. 14/15 season was exciting and Mick's honesty and I leadership were popular amongst supporters. We even bought him and TC a hamper, remember?

Now supporters hurling abuse (some justified,some wrong. Booing players during game unacceptable) and everything toxic and depressing.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 20:32]
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:37 - Jan 18 with 1824 viewsTollycobbold

Just generally deflated and resigned.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:38 - Jan 18 with 1819 viewsFtnfwest

It's a shame but I knew what we'd be getting the day he walked through the door. Such that I was immediately looking forward to the day he would leave, and still am. No one has ever made a long term success of long ball football so the foundation for the future has been pushed to one side and as a result the squad diminishing in quality gradually. The tactics he allied to what's supposed to be a more expansive game in the last year or so simply don't work, especially with what's available.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:41 - Jan 18 with 1794 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:37 - Jan 18 by Tollycobbold

Just generally deflated and resigned.

Yeah. It's been horrible today. I can't see things ever getting better.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:44 - Jan 18 with 1760 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:38 - Jan 18 by Ftnfwest

It's a shame but I knew what we'd be getting the day he walked through the door. Such that I was immediately looking forward to the day he would leave, and still am. No one has ever made a long term success of long ball football so the foundation for the future has been pushed to one side and as a result the squad diminishing in quality gradually. The tactics he allied to what's supposed to be a more expansive game in the last year or so simply don't work, especially with what's available.

I agree. He got us playing well in terms of organisation and grit and energy but never really pushed on in terms of sorting attacking play. Lost murph and lots of injuries. But his failing - he seems to have got caught between the solidity of early side and the attempt to play better football. We do neither now!
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:45 - Jan 18 with 1752 viewsVic

Yes, exactly how I feel. He doesn't deserve the vitriol directed towards him as he did a brilliant job in picking us up from the floor and giving us back a bit of pride. But he's in danger of leaving us in the same place he found us and would be better of going now before he's sacked.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 1732 viewsIllinoisblue

it is all rather tragic. every feelgood story from 14/15 has been erased and then some. Remember those days? Every serious newspaper doing the Mings 10k wot a bargain story. Then Mings himself feeding the homeless and paying the bloke to have his shirt number updated. The youth team doing their wonder one-touch goal which went viral. Paul Anderson paying to fix the bloke who punched a hole in his wall. Chambo swearing live on TV after the charlton game. The general feeling of togetherness and team spirit evident all over the pitch.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 1721 viewscbower

Spot on.

bluescouser

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:47 - Jan 18 with 1719 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:45 - Jan 18 by Vic

Yes, exactly how I feel. He doesn't deserve the vitriol directed towards him as he did a brilliant job in picking us up from the floor and giving us back a bit of pride. But he's in danger of leaving us in the same place he found us and would be better of going now before he's sacked.

Yes, it really has come full circle hasn't it? We're back here again.

I agree - the longer he stays the worse it will be. He looked resigned in interview last night.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:49 - Jan 18 with 1707 viewspeterleeblue

MY final strand of MM support ended yesterday.

We are in no mans land in the Championship? Which I reluctantly accepted
We had a good win on Saturday which hand me a little more positive
I was happy to accept the rebuilding rhetoric
He knows what they fans want, he knows what Skuse and Douglas would have delivered. He set us up to contain Lincoln on live BBC TV. Upto last night I bowed to his experience and track record in management and accepted he knew what he was doing. On the basis our season was over if we lost he should not have made the selection he did. He should have played Saturdays team minus Webster and went for it. There was no reason feasible for the selection he made. He basically took the p1ss out of ITFC and its fans. Thanks Mick but time to go and that's putting it mildly.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:50 - Jan 18 with 1692 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:47 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

it is all rather tragic. every feelgood story from 14/15 has been erased and then some. Remember those days? Every serious newspaper doing the Mings 10k wot a bargain story. Then Mings himself feeding the homeless and paying the bloke to have his shirt number updated. The youth team doing their wonder one-touch goal which went viral. Paul Anderson paying to fix the bloke who punched a hole in his wall. Chambo swearing live on TV after the charlton game. The general feeling of togetherness and team spirit evident all over the pitch.

Good memories! Chaplow in injury time at Watford will always stay with me. There was just a sense that we had a team again and away support was fantastic.

I miss Hunty and Tabby!
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:52 - Jan 18 with 1653 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:49 - Jan 18 by peterleeblue

MY final strand of MM support ended yesterday.

We are in no mans land in the Championship? Which I reluctantly accepted
We had a good win on Saturday which hand me a little more positive
I was happy to accept the rebuilding rhetoric
He knows what they fans want, he knows what Skuse and Douglas would have delivered. He set us up to contain Lincoln on live BBC TV. Upto last night I bowed to his experience and track record in management and accepted he knew what he was doing. On the basis our season was over if we lost he should not have made the selection he did. He should have played Saturdays team minus Webster and went for it. There was no reason feasible for the selection he made. He basically took the p1ss out of ITFC and its fans. Thanks Mick but time to go and that's putting it mildly.

Can't argue with this. I said after Blackburn that he should play same side. Take it seriously. He's obviousky got no faith in Best, stop why turn to him for what was actually in some ways biggest game of season?
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 20:53]
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:57 - Jan 18 with 1606 viewsdavblue

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:44 - Jan 18 by jasondozzell

I agree. He got us playing well in terms of organisation and grit and energy but never really pushed on in terms of sorting attacking play. Lost murph and lots of injuries. But his failing - he seems to have got caught between the solidity of early side and the attempt to play better football. We do neither now!

Our movement is non exsistant, so easy to play against, it's like our players are on train lines, up and down.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:02 - Jan 18 with 1563 viewsFtnfwest

All true but the problem is we've always been fairly pants on the pitch, it was the team spirit that carried it through for a while, it was always a case of pinching wins particularly away from home. The charlton game for instance was shocking, they deserved to win that one really. Mings at his, so far, peak and good finish by the boy hunt carried the day.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:03 - Jan 18 with 1546 viewsjasondozzell

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:57 - Jan 18 by davblue

Our movement is non exsistant, so easy to play against, it's like our players are on train lines, up and down.

Yes, movement is terrible. We look so static at times
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:06 - Jan 18 with 1523 viewsReuser_is_God

To think that it's almost 2 years to the day we went to Brighton & a win would've taken us top.

I miss that Ipswich, we've not been the same since.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 21:50]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:11 - Jan 18 with 1476 viewsBent_double

Been feeling miserable all day long. I don't think I've ever seen a worse display of football from a professional team, that was the worst thing for me, that and knowing that this is now how we are seen by the rest of the football world.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:12 - Jan 18 with 1465 viewsWicklowBlue

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:41 - Jan 18 by jasondozzell

Yeah. It's been horrible today. I can't see things ever getting better.

Being an optimist I will never say never...but something sure has to change.

I would love to be a member of staff or the squad to understand what the hell is going on. From the outside it looks like the manager has lost the dressing room.

Id back Mick to sort it out if we had the funds to bring in replacements and consign the agitators to the dustbin. Its a problem I feel we have had on and off for years hence why ME brought in RK and we know how that went.

From years of playing amateur sport if a team I played in put in a performance like that I would have kicked them up and down the pitch. Apart from Chambers I didnt see any senior pros knocking heads together.

PS I dont condone violence especially towards your team mates but last night I would have been happy to see them lynch one another. At least that would have showed some desire.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:13 - Jan 18 with 1460 viewscruncher

I've been angry for a long while now with McCarthy tactics and lack of investment from Evans but I was told to shut up moaning .
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:16 - Jan 18 with 1437 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

*sighs*

I would give anything to have them days out again.

Chaplow and Hunts last minute winners. Hunts, Tabby and Ando freely admitting that they weren't the best players at all but would give an arm and a leg for the cause.

The pride we had in our team then was incredible. The togetherness and never give up attitude known and feared by all.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:29 - Jan 18 with 1389 viewsmuccletonjoe

To a large extent he has brought most of this upon himself. Seems to be forever trying to get one up on supporters , reporters and pundits. Team selections have proven they do not work beyond any possible doubt and yet he still persists with the same combinations of players out of sheer obstinance. I have very little or no sympathy left for the man and wish he would leave whilst a vestige of respect still remains.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:49 - Jan 18 with 1340 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:29 - Jan 18 by muccletonjoe

To a large extent he has brought most of this upon himself. Seems to be forever trying to get one up on supporters , reporters and pundits. Team selections have proven they do not work beyond any possible doubt and yet he still persists with the same combinations of players out of sheer obstinance. I have very little or no sympathy left for the man and wish he would leave whilst a vestige of respect still remains.

As mentioned above by myself I thought the obstinance was just Mick knowing what he was doing. Last night proved beyond all doubt that Mick has lost himself in his own Agenda whatever that is at the expense of the good of our club. I have not seen any explanation of that team selection on here today. That is because there isn't one.
It was a one of game on Live TV. I don't mind losing its the fact that we did not attempt to win. I would have more grace to Lincoln if it had been a 4-3 humdinger and we had had a gp. Yes we would now be lamenting the defending or goalkeeping perhaps but Jezzus that shower of Sh1te yesterday brought us to a new largely self inflicted low.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:14 - Jan 18 with 1278 views3_5_2

That cheered me up for a bit ! Thanks.

All sad again now though

:(

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 1231 viewsGarv

We were still shi te to watch, which is really the main problem.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:37 - Jan 18 with 1170 viewsReuser_is_God

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:25 - Jan 18 by Garv

We were still shi te to watch, which is really the main problem.

We actually weren't though, not every week anyway.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:45 - Jan 18 with 1131 viewsJimmy86

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:03 - Jan 18 by jasondozzell

Yes, movement is terrible. We look so static at times

That is actually the biggest problem we have. There is absolutely zero movement off the ball, we are so static and this gives a player in possession limited or no option but to then go long. The moment you play a long ball it immediately makes it a 50-50 ball. For our ball retention to improve we need better movement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024