Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? 20:31 - Jan 18 with 2323 viewsjasondozzell

Mick brought a togetherness and team spirit back after rudderless Jewell years. 14/15 season was exciting and Mick's honesty and I leadership were popular amongst supporters. We even bought him and TC a hamper, remember?

Now supporters hurling abuse (some justified,some wrong. Booing players during game unacceptable) and everything toxic and depressing.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 20:32]
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:46 - Jan 18 with 445 viewslloydy84

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 20:38 - Jan 18 by Ftnfwest

It's a shame but I knew what we'd be getting the day he walked through the door. Such that I was immediately looking forward to the day he would leave, and still am. No one has ever made a long term success of long ball football so the foundation for the future has been pushed to one side and as a result the squad diminishing in quality gradually. The tactics he allied to what's supposed to be a more expansive game in the last year or so simply don't work, especially with what's available.

You say you knew what you'd get, I didn't.

Mick's 2008-2009 Wolves team that finished top of the championship, the team that he'd spent 3 years building was, I'm told by their fans, one of the most exciting, most free flowing attacking team in years. Difference is Wolves were challenging then, perennial contenders, gave him the cash to go out and buy and he did, and got some bargains as well.

But in the prem the chairman spent all the money on the stadium, refused him funds, relied on signing relegated players and free transfers (highest signing Steven Fletcher a really good player), so yeah he resorted to hoof ball, same with Sunderland in prem, small fish in big pond, same here whether we like it or not, this club is near bottom of the league when it comes to funding.

So Id not say its Mick's style, more what he falls back on when he's not given the freedom to spend.
Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 22:47 - Jan 18 with 444 viewsGlasgowBlue

Anyone feel sad as well as angry? on 21:13 - Jan 18 by cruncher

I've been angry for a long while now with McCarthy tactics and lack of investment from Evans but I was told to shut up moaning .

Shut up moaning.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024