Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ 20:53 - Jan 18 with 5239 viewskizaitfc

Because I honestly dont, it seems to have very similar feelings.

Poor players continually being picked
Lack of quality coming in, in transfer window
Risk of losing anything good we currently have
Dwindling crowds
Going into every game including games against non league expecting to lose
Failure to string 5 passes together
An owner still too afraid to show his face and take responsibility
An arrogant manager who thinks he knows best and to hell with what fans think

Anyone else want to add to this?

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 1597 viewsSteve_M

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:35 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

We've chopped and changed our approach since Marcus Evans has been here. Suddenly having money destroyed Magic (or specifically the midfield), having money and then having it turned off half-way through crippled Keane even if he probably wouldn't have spent it wisely, then we had Jewell who went from investing in a long-term approach to blowing money on a short-term approach with loanees then back again (could have been the other way around but it was rudderless all the same). Now Mick's task has changed given competitive hasn't been enough because the entertainment has been poor and he's had to try for a possibly uncomfortable mix of youth and possession-based football without the talisman of Murphy who's covered many shortcomings in the squad before then.

It's a far cry from the Swansea approach that elevated them to the Premier League and established them there. Forget the last couple of years as they've struggled to take the next step and have slipped back, but they worked from a very clear vision that didn't change much even with a new manager and new funds came in.

I think we have learnt a lot of good things over this time and I like the sense behind the 5-point plan. We're just 4 or 5 years too late and we've exhausted too much patience along the way. Not to mention p!ssed millions up the wall that could benefit us with such a vision.

The key is that the new manager must come in with that 5 -point plan as the strategy, something approaching Steve M's manifesto on the pitch, and probably a bit more cash. Not sh!t or bust but I think ME needs to give a new vision (and manager) time and resources before we again jump to the next quick fix.

It's a good point on the changes in approach, should have included it in my blog really.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 23:06 - Jan 18 with 1573 viewsjeera

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:10 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

That is without doubt the only thing keeping us and Micks job alive

However even those grinding 1-0 wins isnt particularly entertaining an thats been an issue since he has been here for a lot of people

"That is without doubt the only thing keeping us and Micks job alive "

So not facing certain relegation as we were.

So...not comparable then.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 23:09 - Jan 18 with 1570 viewsDarth_Koont

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:49 - Jan 18 by Radlett_blue

trouble is, ME hasn't been very good at picking managers, has he? Yes, we'd all like to blame that on Dodgy Harry, but if Mick does go, I have certain qualms over the likely replacement, especially as Evans won't give him much in the way of transfer funds.

I don't think given where we were and what Mick achieved over the first 2 years and sporadically in the next year, he's been a bad appointment. But he's increasingly looking the wrong man for where we currently find ourselves, which include a lot of factors like our lack of cash, the toothlessness of FFP that we were following strictly, the increased impact of parachute payments on the Championship market and the fans' patience which has a lot to do with the previous 10 or 11 years before was even here.

He's made mistakes, as all managers do, but it's been an increasingly uphill battle to even stand still as a challenger in the top ten never mind getting us back in the top six.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 23:10 - Jan 18 with 1557 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:44 - Jan 18 by StokieBlue

I would say the Fulham and Lincoln away matches were right up there with the RK and PJ era.

Not every match is but those two were some of the worst displays I have seen from town.

It's sad :(.

SB

Perhaps them two matches were, but on the whole we are still not at that level of painful desperation sh1tsville quite yet

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 23:14 - Jan 18 with 1533 viewsbournemouthblue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:03 - Jan 18 by davblue

Yep, Jewells team loved to concede 3 or more.

At least we done concede shed loads.

I will miss our ability to grind out wins when he goes, for everyone wanting a manager who plays brilliant football, there's a place for grinding out wins.

There's also a place for going for the 3rd and 4th goals in a game you're dominating

Having a manager with a balanced approach would be nice

We seem to have segwayed between extremes

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 00:03 - Jan 19 with 1488 viewsfeelingblue

It is miles better now. Short memories...........
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 01:38 - Jan 19 with 1455 viewsbraveblue

I feel just as bad. All poor examples of professional managers. Evans knows how to pick'em.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 03:35 - Jan 19 with 1429 viewsharlingblue

Perhaps the owner Marcus Evans has something to answer for? He decided to back our club with his money but then chose a novice JM, then a johnny no mates RK and then hopeful PJ, all wasted money, MM at least came in to stop the decline, offered peanuts compared to the three affore mentioned. Marcus Evans give MM the same amount of money as these former failing Managers, if he then fails, then it is his fault, not your footballing knowledge. We are knowledgable supporters, some during the Ramsey, Robson,Burley days, what we are seeing now is a total lack of team play.
Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 04:07 - Jan 19 with 1425 viewsMatthew_Crush

IT REALLY ISNT THAT BAD !!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe people are saying we are in a very dark place and we are having such an appalling time and nobody wants to support this rubbish , now I know it isnt great and far from great but it isnt as bad as people are making out , it is what it is , all teams have bad spells just ask Man utd and about a dark place but did man utd fans give up ? no. saying about a dark place that's the thing that is getting to me , Dark place ? just ask fans of Coventry , Charlton , Portsmouth and Derby because they've been in a darker place for a very long time and they've all been in the premier league more than us , albeit it Coventry havent won divison 1 but they have one fa cup also and Charlton no divison 1 but also one fa cup and Portsmouth have two divison 1's and two fa cups and Derby have two divison 1's and two fa cups so if anything they are just as big as Ipswich if not BIGGER so look at Coventry , Charlton , Portsmouth and Derby before saying how much of a bad time we're having as they're in a much darker place than us , People are going on like we were relegated last season and havent won a game this season sitting rock bottom of league one 25 points off safety heading to league 2 - thats what it feels like with how people are reacting . It really isnt that bad people , Further on to this look at Bradford , Nottingham forest , QPR , sheffield wednesday which all are teams just like us . like I said it is what it is and I want the best for Ipswich like everyone I just want to show that it's not such a dark place that we are in that people are making out

Matthew D Crush

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 08:39 - Jan 19 with 1349 viewsSuperfrans

For the first time on Tuesday, I thought we looked like a Roy Keane team.

But for me the difference is that we still have decent players, many players who want to play for the shirt and (in contrast with Jewell) players who we own. I still believe we have a nucleus of players who could do something in this league. Based on Tuesday, I am seriously doubting whether McCarthy can mound those players in the right way though.

A new manager would have the following to play with:
Bart, Gerken, Webster, Chambers, Smith (once fit), Kenlock, Knudsen, Emmanuel, Skuse, Ward, Dozzell, Bru, McGoldrick, Bishop, Pitman, Sears. That's a decent base and better than we had under Keane or Jewell, when we kept letting contracts expire and relied on loans.

The borderline players here are (for me) Knudsen and Skuse, but I'd retain them as decent squad players (at worst).

I'd let go Douglas, Berra, Coke, Digby, Best - and bring in a proper competitive striker, a CMF playmaker, CMF enforcer, an additional centre half.

And I'd be looking medium term at players to replace Chambers, McGoldrick, Skuse, Sears and Bart (who will go at some point, this summer or the next).

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 08:58 - Jan 19 with 1336 viewsSwailsey

Better than both, but I don't feel great.

Keane and then Jewell were so, so poor. I switch on a daily basis on who I liked least. I think it's Jewell ultimately. The shi*e he left us with.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:10 - Jan 19 with 1334 viewsitfcjoe

Under Jewell we were totally useless with a squad full of loanees and nailed on to go down - that was much worse.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:13 - Jan 19 with 1325 viewsitfcjoe

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 by chripswich

I think its much worse than then..

MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division.

Now? well unless someone else can come in and restore some pride and most importantly confidence we're f****d..MM's tactics have knocked every ounce of flare out of this team. Not that they have much anyway..

"MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division. "

Biggest load of revisionist rubbish I've ever read on this site. Well done.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:13 - Jan 19 with 1325 viewshype313

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:35 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

We've chopped and changed our approach since Marcus Evans has been here. Suddenly having money destroyed Magic (or specifically the midfield), having money and then having it turned off half-way through crippled Keane even if he probably wouldn't have spent it wisely, then we had Jewell who went from investing in a long-term approach to blowing money on a short-term approach with loanees then back again (could have been the other way around but it was rudderless all the same). Now Mick's task has changed given competitive hasn't been enough because the entertainment has been poor and he's had to try for a possibly uncomfortable mix of youth and possession-based football without the talisman of Murphy who's covered many shortcomings in the squad before then.

It's a far cry from the Swansea approach that elevated them to the Premier League and established them there. Forget the last couple of years as they've struggled to take the next step and have slipped back, but they worked from a very clear vision that didn't change much even with a new manager and new funds came in.

I think we have learnt a lot of good things over this time and I like the sense behind the 5-point plan. We're just 4 or 5 years too late and we've exhausted too much patience along the way. Not to mention p!ssed millions up the wall that could benefit us with such a vision.

The key is that the new manager must come in with that 5 -point plan as the strategy, something approaching Steve M's manifesto on the pitch, and probably a bit more cash. Not sh!t or bust but I think ME needs to give a new vision (and manager) time and resources before we again jump to the next quick fix.

Interestingly on Swansea, they had a clear vision, a plan, a blueprint on how they wanted the club to be under the stewardship of Jenkins, no surprise since the new American owners have come in they have gone into freefall, and they look in serious danger of dropping.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:29 - Jan 19 with 1318 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 08:39 - Jan 19 by Superfrans

For the first time on Tuesday, I thought we looked like a Roy Keane team.

But for me the difference is that we still have decent players, many players who want to play for the shirt and (in contrast with Jewell) players who we own. I still believe we have a nucleus of players who could do something in this league. Based on Tuesday, I am seriously doubting whether McCarthy can mound those players in the right way though.

A new manager would have the following to play with:
Bart, Gerken, Webster, Chambers, Smith (once fit), Kenlock, Knudsen, Emmanuel, Skuse, Ward, Dozzell, Bru, McGoldrick, Bishop, Pitman, Sears. That's a decent base and better than we had under Keane or Jewell, when we kept letting contracts expire and relied on loans.

The borderline players here are (for me) Knudsen and Skuse, but I'd retain them as decent squad players (at worst).

I'd let go Douglas, Berra, Coke, Digby, Best - and bring in a proper competitive striker, a CMF playmaker, CMF enforcer, an additional centre half.

And I'd be looking medium term at players to replace Chambers, McGoldrick, Skuse, Sears and Bart (who will go at some point, this summer or the next).

The diference between this team and the Roy Keane team is that we now have decent players?

I'd have Fulop (R.I.P.) ahead of Bart
Delaney ahead of Chambers
McAuley ahead of Bera
Leadbetter ahead of Douglas
Norris ahead of Skuse
Edwards ahead of Ward
Wickham ahead of McGoldrick
Scotland ahead of Sears
Priskin ahead of Best

In fact it's a testament to Mick that he is getting better results than Keane with a far more inferior team.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:38 - Jan 19 with 1304 viewsSuperfrans

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 21:41 - Jan 18 by kizaitfc

there has not been one entertaining game from us this season

Yes some good results, but have we ever been entertaining?

Saturday was probably the best we've seen in all honesty but we have to play better footballer to win the fans over.

That's nonsense. Last Saturday was an entertaining game. Lots of goals, open match, we won.

The subs at QPR allow people to ignore that it was a decent performance, new style, youngsters given their chance etc.

4-2 first game of the season when Ward got 3 on his debut.
3-0 home vs QPR.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:42 - Jan 19 with 1280 viewsSuperfrans

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:19 - Jan 18 by NewcyBlue

I feel so much better.

I am lying in bed next to a beautiful woman, I have a son who just by saying "Daddy" makes my heart sing, I earn more money than I ever have done in my life.

Town will win some games and lose some games. Managers will come and go. I may even get to the odd game.

All in all, it is just a game and I am not worried. Promotion or relegation, I will always support the Town, I will do my hardest to make my little boy a Town fan, and he can share that with me in all its g(l)ory...

This.

We would all be doing ourselves a great favour if we focussed on he good stuff - or at very least focussed on the stuff that is good in our lives, and that we can influence - and not stress on the negative stuff, and stuff that we have no control over.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:14 - Jan 19 with 1259 viewsSuperfrans

I am intrigued by this five point plan. It does seem as if a few things have happened since (or around the time) it was published. Mick has started regularly playing the youngsters (Kenlock, Emmanuel and Dozzell suddenly getting starts) and we have tried to play an expansive, entertaining game with the 3/5 at the back.

So, was this five point plan drawn up by Evans and then given to Mick - guidance on the kind of club we want to be?

Or was it constructed in agreement with Mick, Klug and the rest of the coaching staff? In which case it's still being imposed on Mick, but by input from those below him in the football hierarchy.

Or was it based on discussions between both Evans and Mick - so it is Mick's vision as much as Evans?

The likelihood of Mick getting the bullet at any time in the next year will depend on which of the 3 above are most accurate. Mick will get most time to deliver with the last of these, and least time for the first.

Of course, if this 5 point plan has been in place for months, formally or informally (but we're only just hearing about it) Mick could go at any time.

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:35 - Jan 19 with 1238 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:24 - Jan 18 by chripswich

I think its much worse than then..

MM inherited a side that was capable of much more than anything the current side could do..i don t buy into him being some sort of saviour at that time, i think most of us could have kept that particular side in the division.

Now? well unless someone else can come in and restore some pride and most importantly confidence we're f****d..MM's tactics have knocked every ounce of flare out of this team. Not that they have much anyway..

We were nailed on for relegation and cut drift of the relegation zone. It's undeniable that mick saved us from absolute disaster.

Ok it's not great now but don't just rewrite history to suit your argument.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:39 - Jan 19 with 1234 viewsLeoMuff

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 22:15 - Jan 18 by BorisOrTrevor

I have to ask myself what have we done to deserve this, Keane then Jewell (the worset by a mile) and now this ?! It's purgatory. I wish I could be s hit like some and switch clubs, but I can't. Stuck with it like a millstone. Went to Chelsea game recently at the Bridge and it was like the bit in Wizard of Oz where it goes from black and white to colour after trudging to Portman Rd.

purgatory? Get a grip man, yes we are garbage this season, and the style of football is anti Ipswich, but our last two seasons were the best 2 in a decade.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:44 - Jan 19 with 1232 viewsLightningboy

Failure to string 5 passes together?

Don't think I saw 3 on Tuesday evening.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:44 - Jan 19 with 1232 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 09:29 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

The diference between this team and the Roy Keane team is that we now have decent players?

I'd have Fulop (R.I.P.) ahead of Bart
Delaney ahead of Chambers
McAuley ahead of Bera
Leadbetter ahead of Douglas
Norris ahead of Skuse
Edwards ahead of Ward
Wickham ahead of McGoldrick
Scotland ahead of Sears
Priskin ahead of Best

In fact it's a testament to Mick that he is getting better results than Keane with a far more inferior team.

I'd also add that the team that played at Lincoln on Tuesday wouldn't create three of four clear cut chances against Arsenal, let alone convert one.

The quality of player has definitely gone backwards and if we stick to our current recruitment policy then I fear we will drop out of the league within the next two to three years.

We are turning into Coventry.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:55 - Jan 19 with 1206 viewsNewcyBlue

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:44 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'd also add that the team that played at Lincoln on Tuesday wouldn't create three of four clear cut chances against Arsenal, let alone convert one.

The quality of player has definitely gone backwards and if we stick to our current recruitment policy then I fear we will drop out of the league within the next two to three years.

We are turning into Coventry.

Do you not think that it is the coaching? Those players you mentioned, some went on to do better under better coaching elsewhere.

Do you not think with more suited coaching to our current players abilities that they might perform to a higher level? Some at least.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 1203 viewsLombokblue

I thought Peterborough away with PJ was the lowest point maybe because it was live on TV , Lincoln was lower.
Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 10:58 - Jan 19 with 1195 viewsTractorCam

Can anyone seriously say they feel better now then they did with RK or PJ on 20:57 - Jan 18 by Wonky

PJ was worse, as soon as the first goal was conceded and you knew it was game over.

It's definitely better now than it was then, but I feel the same about this now.

I believe according to the statman it's something like last 24 games we've conceded 1st, drawn 2 lost 22

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024