Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds 21:14 - Jan 18 with 1093 viewskizaitfc

That is a valid excuse for when we are beaten and outplayed by the likes of Newcastle, Derby, Norwich, etc.

However when you are outplayed twice by a non league side, the blame lies at the manager and players door in my opinion, that team should have been capable of winning that game.

What annoyed me most was the constant unnecessary long balls and lack of Mick screaming at the players to keep the ball on the deck, they came out 2nd half and continued to do it.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 22:46 - Jan 18 with 1004 viewsTexaco73

It's a confidence thing.

We haven't invested in the squad for a number of seasons, and therefore the players know the club isn't going anywhere, the manager knows it, and the fans know it. We have had a poor season so far and confidence is low.
Sure MM should be motivating the team, but who is motivating MM?
Lack of investment has crippled the club and destroyed confidence and motivation of both the management and player in my opinion.

We were outplayed by a team riding high in their division which gives them confidence in each other, the systems they play and their management.

In sport, confidence is a huge determining factor. Doesn't matter who you are or how good you are, if your heads not right, it isn't going to go well.
People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:07 - Jan 18 with 967 viewsLankHenners

No-one's used that to try and defend last night's performance.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:13 - Jan 18 with 937 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:07 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

In his head they have

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:18 - Jan 18 with 927 viewsdavid_mcgoldrick

Mick out fed up of his excuses. Always makes subs too late 0-0 half time playing awful nothing .he plays his favourite players most games.
People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:19 - Jan 18 with 917 viewsSuperfrans

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 22:46 - Jan 18 by Texaco73

It's a confidence thing.

We haven't invested in the squad for a number of seasons, and therefore the players know the club isn't going anywhere, the manager knows it, and the fans know it. We have had a poor season so far and confidence is low.
Sure MM should be motivating the team, but who is motivating MM?
Lack of investment has crippled the club and destroyed confidence and motivation of both the management and player in my opinion.

We were outplayed by a team riding high in their division which gives them confidence in each other, the systems they play and their management.

In sport, confidence is a huge determining factor. Doesn't matter who you are or how good you are, if your heads not right, it isn't going to go well.

Confidence is important, but the players we have should have better technique and the ability to outplay a non-league team. They DO have better technique. But they didn't show it last night.

I also get the point about lack of investment by ME, but Mick has to take some responsibility. Mick is the leading football expert at the club, he will be advising Evans what we do and don't need. If the lack of investment risks leaving us with a squad which either could get relegated or simply cannot compete at the level we aspire to in the division, it's his job to tell the owner,

But our performance last night is something else. We have to separate the squad issues and our poor season from last night. The match last night was utterly abject, a terrible performance against a not particularly good non-league side. McCarthy was embarrassed by last night, no doubt, as were the players - but not as much as the club, and the rest of us.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:44 - Jan 18 with 886 viewsTexaco73

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:07 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Who's defending that performance?

It was totally gutless and a skidmark on the name of ITFC!

The players should be better than that, but they weren't were they. Why?
In my opinion they do not have confidence in themselves, their teammates or their manager and lack of investment, progress and poor previous results/performances are the underlying cause along with poor team choices and tactics.
Therefore they were a complete shower playing against buoyant physical side who were up for it and showed them up for what they are.
Both McCarthy and the players are responsible for that, however Evans needs to take plenty of credit too for not providing resources and allowing/exacerbating morale to sink so low.
People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:47 - Jan 18 with 871 viewsLankHenners

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:44 - Jan 18 by Texaco73

Who's defending that performance?

It was totally gutless and a skidmark on the name of ITFC!

The players should be better than that, but they weren't were they. Why?
In my opinion they do not have confidence in themselves, their teammates or their manager and lack of investment, progress and poor previous results/performances are the underlying cause along with poor team choices and tactics.
Therefore they were a complete shower playing against buoyant physical side who were up for it and showed them up for what they are.
Both McCarthy and the players are responsible for that, however Evans needs to take plenty of credit too for not providing resources and allowing/exacerbating morale to sink so low.

No-one is. The insinuation from the OP was that people were.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:47 - Jan 18 with 863 viewsDarth_Koont

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:19 - Jan 18 by Superfrans

Confidence is important, but the players we have should have better technique and the ability to outplay a non-league team. They DO have better technique. But they didn't show it last night.

I also get the point about lack of investment by ME, but Mick has to take some responsibility. Mick is the leading football expert at the club, he will be advising Evans what we do and don't need. If the lack of investment risks leaving us with a squad which either could get relegated or simply cannot compete at the level we aspire to in the division, it's his job to tell the owner,

But our performance last night is something else. We have to separate the squad issues and our poor season from last night. The match last night was utterly abject, a terrible performance against a not particularly good non-league side. McCarthy was embarrassed by last night, no doubt, as were the players - but not as much as the club, and the rest of us.

I still make Texaco right. The biggest difference was in confidence - Lincoln played quickly and simply, we played tentatively and so even the simple pass was gone by the time we looked to find a teammate. We just ended up eking it down the sideline or lobbing it down the pitch.

In the Championship teams generally always feel some pressure and play the percentages instead. Lincoln just didn't follow that script.

Maybe I've got the totally wrong impression but it would be interesting to see the Championship teams' Cup results over the last decade or so. I can't remember much more than Barnsley and Millwall ten years ago who could flip the script and play with freedom against Premiership teams. But if my suspicions are right, it could be we're seeing the effect of the stakes being far too high for second-tier football.It does seem to be a pretty turgid style with teams like Bournemouth a complete anomaly.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 00:03 - Jan 19 with 820 viewsTexaco73

People defending Mick with ME not giving him funds on 23:47 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

No-one is. The insinuation from the OP was that people were.

Apologies!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024