Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual 22:52 - Jan 18 with 2629 viewsGarv

How many times we kicked it straight out of play.

Berra (a few times), Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse, Douglas. The last two in particular were shocking cases.

As Jenas said in commentary we weren't even looking for our own players, we were just punting it, i.e clearing the ball. I know our players aren't the most technically gifted, but that is no excuse. They aren't being coached, plain and simple.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 22:53 - Jan 18 with 2614 viewsReuser_is_God

Chambers had the audacity to do so whilst wearing white boots.

Helmet.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:01 - Jan 18 with 2583 viewsSteve_M

Don't forget at least two freekicks being passed straight to opposition players, including the one at the end.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:13 - Jan 18 with 2535 viewstextbackup

And I also counted three throw ins that went directly to their CBs, two of which didn't have an ITFC player within 10yards

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:40 - Jan 18 with 2480 viewsScuzzer

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice that. Has been a problem for us for some time. I think it's a combination of basic errors that has brought us to this lamentable situation. Another being the wholly inaccurate headers there are from defenders clearing upfield, when do they ever reach one of our midfielders? Berra has been in my opinion very, very poor in the 'footballing' sense for a year now and I am surprised that he has not been dropped. I now we have been round and round on the subject of Douglas but he offers nothing to the game. Running around in midfield not ever getting close to an opponent to make a challenge and when he does have the ball at his feet he either passes it back to the defenders or passes sideways.....and quite often straight into touch. I find it perplexing that none of our midfielders, bar Lawrence and sometimes Dozzell, has the ability to turn with the ball at their feet..this is the most simplest and quickest way of getting the other side of the opposition midfield. This also can be achieved by using the good old 'wall pass' in triangles, Sir Bob's favourite move, which unfortunately is not carried out by our current team...mainly because there is a distinct lack of technical ability in stringing two passes together. Now, when I look at the team roster, American term, it is not a bad squad of players...on paper. So how come and who is responsible for them turning in totally inept performances week in week out? Got to be the coaching staff. Grant Ward...he has had his natural game totally coached out of him....where is the great prospect we had at the start of the season, when scoring a hat-trick on his debut. OK we can blame the owner for not shoving his hand deeper into his pockets...but what has happened to our players that we had from the start of the season....shadows of their former selves. We desperately need to start rebuilding from scratch once again. More pain ahead I'm afraid.

Established 1968

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:42 - Jan 18 with 2471 viewsSarge

The worst part is that, as you say, it's not exactly unusual. Hoofing along aimlessly for some time now.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:45 - Jan 18 with 2462 viewsITFCBlues

We've done this ever since Mick took over in fairness it's just Murphy was able to make something of the bad ball

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:47 - Jan 18 with 2451 viewstextbackup

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:45 - Jan 18 by ITFCBlues

We've done this ever since Mick took over in fairness it's just Murphy was able to make something of the bad ball

Murphy made micks football look semi decent

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:48 - Jan 18 with 2445 viewsLankHenners

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:13 - Jan 18 by textbackup

And I also counted three throw ins that went directly to their CBs, two of which didn't have an ITFC player within 10yards

Jonathan Pearce sounded genuinely confused when Knudsen lined up to take a long throw into the box, then threw it all the way back to Berra who then aimlessly booted it straight out for a goal kick.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:59 - Jan 18 with 2402 viewsnorfsufblue

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:48 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Jonathan Pearce sounded genuinely confused when Knudsen lined up to take a long throw into the box, then threw it all the way back to Berra who then aimlessly booted it straight out for a goal kick.

That was a major difference between the sides last night as even the opposition delivered long balls particularly from wide areas, they however lifted their heads looked for a target (mostly Rhead) and aimed for it.....we launched it then looked up to see where it had gone!
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 02:18 - Jan 19 with 2298 viewsmadmouse1959

After a few meaty tackles the game plan was soon over. (if there was one) Obviously the town players were "bricking it" when they had the ball and had little time . This meant all composure went out the window right from the kick off. Ipswich were not prepared for a high octane game and were clearly rattled by tough tackles and being closed down.

With so many team changes by McCarthy you will not get consistency. He does not even know his best team let alone a team to beat Lincoln You certainly won,t get entertainment or leadership playing the same players who have failed so miserably in one game after another. The first game at Portman Road was a sign of things to come and still McCarthy had no idea how to combat a tough game in a noisy little stadium. McCarthy was possibly thinking of extra time to pinch a goal or penalties but he certainly had not prepared his team for a battle. He picked the wrong players for a battle. There was no real threat from Ipswich because they too busy dealing with haphazard and comical defending. That is why we need to invest in better players and that costs money evans does not want to spend. McCarthy simply obliges and we are left to recruit cheaply.

shampoo dave

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 04:25 - Jan 19 with 2245 viewsJohnny_Boy

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:47 - Jan 18 by textbackup

Murphy made micks football look semi decent

The playing style was never questioned as long as the 3pts & results kept coming.
People were happy to play hoof & bore.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 05:39 - Jan 19 with 2210 viewsRaedwald_625

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 04:25 - Jan 19 by Johnny_Boy

The playing style was never questioned as long as the 3pts & results kept coming.

some were, others weren't.

It's been two years now that some have expressed disappointment with MM's anti-football.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 07:02 - Jan 19 with 2135 viewstextbackup

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 04:25 - Jan 19 by Johnny_Boy

Some were, some put results over everything... 'some'

I certainly questioned it, always critised we us not having a planB when smarter managers had out thought mick

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:17 - Jan 19 with 2015 viewsbadadski

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 07:02 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Some were, some put results over everything... 'some'

I certainly questioned it, always critised we us not having a planB when smarter managers had out thought mick

The thing is we have no targets to aim for any longer, without Murphy and slow deliveries are going to be bread and butter for centre backs. Lincolns team in general was pretty big/tall. Some admittedly wide and tall also but still screwed us up.

It's funny, we used to be that type of team but no longer have the physical attributes to upset teams like we used too.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:18 - Jan 19 with 1997 viewsReuser_is_God

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:59 - Jan 18 by norfsufblue

That was a major difference between the sides last night as even the opposition delivered long balls particularly from wide areas, they however lifted their heads looked for a target (mostly Rhead) and aimed for it.....we launched it then looked up to see where it had gone!

Yeah, exactly this.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:19 - Jan 19 with 1995 viewsgordon

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:48 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Was that the one where Knudsen took a throw on the half-way line, and went for a cross-field long throw, putting someone under pressure? Thought that was an extraordinary one.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:20 - Jan 19 with 1991 viewsBluebell

They do that all the time.

I have commented on it regularly. The problem is they don't do it when they should! (Berra's mistake on Saturday comes to mind).
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:30 - Jan 19 with 1965 viewsWD19

It has been an ongoing standing problem, but never anything like now.

When Tabb first joined it was noticeable how much more he passed and moved and sought to link stuff up more than everyone else on the pitch. Tabb. Bullard was on a different planet to the rest of the squad for a while also, although I guess that is less of a shock as he earned an England call up in his time.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:43 - Jan 19 with 1926 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep. We played hit and hope.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 09:47 - Jan 19 with 1880 viewsBlue_Armee

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:43 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

Yep. We played hit and hope.

I could not believe it when Gerken had a dead ball situation, with plenty of time to play it and he just booted it straight out of play, and then 5 minutes later he did exactly the same thing, absolutely unbelievable from a professional footballer.

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 10:13 - Jan 19 with 1832 viewsmanchego

Someone here described as the panic hoof
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 10:27 - Jan 19 with 1792 viewsLankHenners

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 08:19 - Jan 19 by gordon

Was that the one where Knudsen took a throw on the half-way line, and went for a cross-field long throw, putting someone under pressure? Thought that was an extraordinary one.

No, that was a different, yet equally ridiculous moment.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 10:42 - Jan 19 with 1743 viewsNorthern_Blue81

With Mick being so respected in football circles, why did he put out that team he picked to be shamed on national TV.

He looked a total mug and if he plans on another decent job in football he is going to find it hard going on that display. Football has moved on and left Mick firmly in the mid 00's
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 11:52 - Jan 19 with 1635 viewsconnorscontract

What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 23:01 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Don't forget at least two freekicks being passed straight to opposition players, including the one at the end.

Obviously professional footballers consistently kicking the ball out of play or making decisions that cause absolute befuddlement to the ex-player pundits aren't proof of wrong-doing.

But there is one player in particular who I've noticed over a few seasons seems to have all his nightmare moments in big games and live televised matches.

There, I've finally said it. I expect to be banned. See you, TWTD.
What was scary about last night, despite not being unusual on 12:56 - Jan 19 with 1515 viewsMillsey

I commented on the awful kicking of the ball yesterday they either went straight into touch, shinned to no one or straight to the opposition. That's not poor coaching but abject skills!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024