Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? 08:12 - Jan 19 with 3966 viewsArnieM

He's the major problem. Mick McCarthy can only work with what he can get in on SOD ALL funds. He has two hands and one leg tied behind his back.

EVANS OUT

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:08 - Jan 19 with 2078 viewsBent_double

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:18 - Jan 19 by Bluebell

Are you planning to buy the club?

There is no way Evans will go without finding a buyer and there aren't that many multi millionaires wanting to buy Ipswich.

Maybe it's actually a good time to be buying a club like Ipswich right now? Evans can hardly command top dollar at the moment, and surely he can see that the PL is out of reach without him putting an extra £10-20m in the kitty in the very near future.

Plus the pound is very weak against the dollar atm, so an ideal time for an American billionaire to come in and make an offer ME can't refuse.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:08 - Jan 19 with 2077 viewsBent_double

There is no way Evans will go without finding a buyer and there aren't that many multi millionaires wanting to buy Ipswich.

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:10 - Jan 19 with 2076 viewsbluelagos

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:48 - Jan 19 by The_Romford_Blue

There are some situations where the fans are a hinderence though unfortunately this season

Lame excuse to blame the fans. Put on even half decent football and the crowds will be fully supportive of the team. Put on the dross we have been served this season and you lose the fans.

The odd idiot may have crossed a line but the issue lies squarely at the issue of poor performances on the pitch. Argue the toss over the manager/owner all you like, but anyone pointing the finger at the fans is missing the real problems.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:14 - Jan 19 with 2055 viewsBent_double

Maybe it's actually a good time to be buying a club like Ipswich right now? Evans can hardly command top dollar at the moment, and surely he can see that the PL is out of reach without him putting an extra £10-20m in the kitty in the very near future.

Plus the pound is very weak against the dollar atm, so an ideal time for an American billionaire to come in and make an offer ME can't refuse.

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:17 - Jan 19 with 2054 viewsitfcjoe

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:29 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Oh there is.
His time a this club has been as pathetically average as most of the players we've seen in his time. He puts in what he does, but it's just not enough. That said MM is showing a complete lack of ideas on the pitch, the players are fcked of any confidence, and the fans are weirdly getting the blame for this. I'm not buying it, they are fcking adults amthat get paid handsomely to preform.

What happens between the changing room and the pitch? Because even I refuse to believe MM sends them out to be that sht, I blame him for playing awful footballers like Douglas and Knudsen, but it's the players fault they can't string a pass together

We've had mick out, Evans sort it out.... next to come will be 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' then we'll see them melts sink into their shells, no fcking spin out there. Our 'leader' need to grab a few of them round the fcking throat, Berra should he dropped and not played again until he bucks his fcking ideas up.

Utter disgrace

After half time, players came out early and from kick off they steamed into Lincoln.

Ball went to Knudsen and he shanked it out of play, and all the players heads just dropped.

This was 14 seconds into the half, that is how long they lasted with the pumped up attitude

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:18 - Jan 19 with 2049 viewscaught-in-limbo

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:21 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

There are calls for both.

However MM is the one who picks ridiculous defensive sides regardless of the opposition and tells his defenders to launch it long.

SB

True. He's also (perhaps) responsible for turning a Scotland international into a dithering wreck of a player. And if he isn't, he's (definitely) responsible for sorting him out and getting him playing close to his potential again.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:32 - Jan 19 with 2008 viewsArnieM

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:32 - Jan 19 by mikeybloo88

So we're doomed to stagnate forever then? We're like a club in the ICU, being kept alive but nothing more, while Evans hopes for a miracle cure which doesn't cost anything...or he pulls the plug. Can't see at all what his motivation is. He makes no money, he doesn't like football...is his objective purely to cross his fingers and hope we fluke a promotion?

I know I moan on here about Mick and the style of play etc, and have done for a few years...but Tuesday night was the first time I've genuinely and truthfully felt really embarrassed and ashamed of the team and their lack of fight, lack of competitiveness or desire, and lack of basic ability. We truly were a public laughing stock and it really hurts to say that about the club I've supported for 40 years...

Spot on !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:37 - Jan 19 with 1995 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:19 - Jan 19 by jrobot

Correct me if I am wrong but he must be the only owner of a club in the history of the game who emblazons their name on the front of the team they owns shirts. Shows you the credentials of the man.

ME Name on Shirts - I don't get that

over the 9yrs he could our got extra income with a shirt sponsor or sponsors (back of shirts, shorts socks etc)!!!

Why didn't he?
Login to get fewer ads

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:42 - Jan 19 with 1976 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:08 - Jan 19 by Bent_double

American billionaires wanting to waste money are few and far between. Investors (American or otherwise) who naively think they can make a few bob by asset stripping, a quick promotion and then quick sale might be easier to find, but they'd potentially be worse for us than Evans. And may well not have any more cash - the Swans down here have just gone down this route and it's tearing the club apart on and off the pitch.

But it is as good a time as any though to buy a club, I suppose - our stock isn't especially high, so we'd be cheap(ish) yet the rewards of success are getting greater. We're probably in that group of sleeping clubs that have the structure and fanbase to be able to function in the PL IF the team is up to scratch (with as much potential, if not more, as teams like WBA / Stoke). So we must be worth a punt to someone.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:51 - Jan 19 with 1949 viewshype313

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:42 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

American billionaires wanting to waste money are few and far between. Investors (American or otherwise) who naively think they can make a few bob by asset stripping, a quick promotion and then quick sale might be easier to find, but they'd potentially be worse for us than Evans. And may well not have any more cash - the Swans down here have just gone down this route and it's tearing the club apart on and off the pitch.

But it is as good a time as any though to buy a club, I suppose - our stock isn't especially high, so we'd be cheap(ish) yet the rewards of success are getting greater. We're probably in that group of sleeping clubs that have the structure and fanbase to be able to function in the PL IF the team is up to scratch (with as much potential, if not more, as teams like WBA / Stoke). So we must be worth a punt to someone.

Indeed, Ask most Arsenal fans how they feel about Kroenke, I bet you wouldn't get a positive response, likewise Swansea fans.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:18 - Jan 19 with 1910 viewsBent_double

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:42 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

I agree - I wouldn't actually want a billionaire owner, but ME's choices are simple: carry on pumping £6-10m every year, hoping that 1 or 2 player sales will subsidise that, and that MM (or another manager) eventually gets lucky and we get promoted, or sell up now and cut his loses.

I despise what money is doing to this game, but we are already waist deep in the s**t - £80m or so in debt, albeit to one person who could decide at any time to pull the plug and just stop putting the cash in, just like the bloke at Bolton. What then, administration, points deducted and relegation follow.

In a perfect world, we would be a good Championship side, getting crowds of 25-27k for home games, playing good attractive football, flirting with promotion but not actually achieving it, a sensible wage structure, a very good academy with 2-3 youngsters coming through every couple of years and a business that just about breaks even or makes a small profit every year.

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:41 - Jan 19 with 1860 viewsSuperfrans

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:47 - Jan 19 by ArnieM

a bit pedantic . By Evans Out , I mean, naturally, he should sell up, ( thought you would have understood that , oh well!).

He should resume his investigations to sell up. He was touting us around the City a few months ago to test the waters.

No one is saying it would be easy but he is a buisness man with many connections ....shouldnt be as hard as some would indicate.

I assumed you meant by "Evans out" that we should all jump and down and shot for Evans to go. I just don't see why anyone would sell a £60m asset, just like that.

Besides which, all football clubs are up for sale. It's just down to someone to offer the right money.

If what your suggesting is that he should make an announcement that he's looking to sell, produce a prospectus etc - that generally only works one way, the decline of the club in question is accelerated and they sink like a stone. The manager doesn't care, the players don't care, the fans get even more screwed.

He will sell when he wants to sell - fwiw, I think we'd have to get relegated for Evans to seriously look to get out. He wouldn't get much less for the club than he does now and his forward-looking outgoings would have taken a massive hit.

For me, Mick is the man responsible. He advises Evans on football matters, on what is required for the first team and has clearly misjudged what is required to compete in this division, and what was required to play against a non-league team. Twice.

There are also signs that he has mismanaged the creative players we have in our squad (although QPR and Blackburn suggested he is finding a new system to use them better), has mismanaged the replacement of our older players (no replacement for Murphy, nobody on the horizon to replace Skuse, no depth in forward players and no development/coaching of a squad to ensure they are capable of playing a passing game.

Whatever way you look at it, the failure of a Championship team to beat a non-league side - and not just lose to them, but to look the lesser side - has to be Mick's responsibility.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:48 - Jan 19 with 1845 viewsBeattie78

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:48 - Jan 19 by Superfrans

I think that's not entirely true. His Wolves side (who came here in the season they were promoted and passed us off the pitch 2-0) could play football.

I do agree that he doesn't now how to best deploy our current squad in the most effective way, in the way to get the best out of them.

Yeah, but look what happened at Wolves. Read the fans comments

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/10/25/wolves

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

LexdenBlue62

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:49 - Jan 19 with 1840 viewsWonky

'remember Evans he never went shouting his mouth off every 5 mins and sacking the manager every 3 months'

Careful what you wish for.
Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 12:05 - Jan 19 with 1765 viewsBent_double

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:49 - Jan 19 by Wonky

'remember Evans he never went shouting his mouth off every 5 mins and sacking the manager every 3 months'

Careful what you wish for.

Even Leeds have got through that period of getting a new manager every 5 mins. Sure, they still have the mad owner, but have finally found a good manager who's doing great things for them.

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 1751 viewsSuperfrans

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:48 - Jan 19 by Beattie78

Yeah, but look what happened at Wolves. Read the fans comments

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/10/25/wolves

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

I was responding to the point "Its just not in his DNA to play attractive football. ".
He clearly is capable of doing it.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 12:26 - Jan 19 with 1701 viewsoldbluestu

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:18 - Jan 19 by Bent_double

I agree - I wouldn't actually want a billionaire owner, but ME's choices are simple: carry on pumping £6-10m every year, hoping that 1 or 2 player sales will subsidise that, and that MM (or another manager) eventually gets lucky and we get promoted, or sell up now and cut his loses.

I despise what money is doing to this game, but we are already waist deep in the s**t - £80m or so in debt, albeit to one person who could decide at any time to pull the plug and just stop putting the cash in, just like the bloke at Bolton. What then, administration, points deducted and relegation follow.

In a perfect world, we would be a good Championship side, getting crowds of 25-27k for home games, playing good attractive football, flirting with promotion but not actually achieving it, a sensible wage structure, a very good academy with 2-3 youngsters coming through every couple of years and a business that just about breaks even or makes a small profit every year.

You forgot option 3, just close the club down and sell off the training ground for house development.

Obviously the Council will still own the football ground and could look for a new owner to start a new club in the non league
Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 12:41 - Jan 19 with 1679 viewsRadlett_blue

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 10:41 - Jan 19 by Superfrans

I assumed you meant by "Evans out" that we should all jump and down and shot for Evans to go. I just don't see why anyone would sell a £60m asset, just like that.

Besides which, all football clubs are up for sale. It's just down to someone to offer the right money.

If what your suggesting is that he should make an announcement that he's looking to sell, produce a prospectus etc - that generally only works one way, the decline of the club in question is accelerated and they sink like a stone. The manager doesn't care, the players don't care, the fans get even more screwed.

He will sell when he wants to sell - fwiw, I think we'd have to get relegated for Evans to seriously look to get out. He wouldn't get much less for the club than he does now and his forward-looking outgoings would have taken a massive hit.

For me, Mick is the man responsible. He advises Evans on football matters, on what is required for the first team and has clearly misjudged what is required to compete in this division, and what was required to play against a non-league team. Twice.

There are also signs that he has mismanaged the creative players we have in our squad (although QPR and Blackburn suggested he is finding a new system to use them better), has mismanaged the replacement of our older players (no replacement for Murphy, nobody on the horizon to replace Skuse, no depth in forward players and no development/coaching of a squad to ensure they are capable of playing a passing game.

Whatever way you look at it, the failure of a Championship team to beat a non-league side - and not just lose to them, but to look the lesser side - has to be Mick's responsibility.

Good post. It's easy to bellyache about Evans, but I think if you find someone willing to give Evans what he deems acceptable for Town (which doesn't necessarily have to involve him getting all his investment back) he might be interested. We don't know. Evans might be perfectly happy owning Town & losing a few £m each year. Of course, Evans wouldn't care how much the new owner was prepared to fund in terms of Town's future operating losses. We could get someone like the Kuwaitis at Forest, who spent what they had, kept firing managers & then ran out of money. Or the Chinese at Birmingham, who fired a manager who seemed to be doing a good job & brought in a big name.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 14:11 - Jan 19 with 1627 viewsBenters

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:29 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Oh there is.
His time a this club has been as pathetically average as most of the players we've seen in his time. He puts in what he does, but it's just not enough. That said MM is showing a complete lack of ideas on the pitch, the players are fcked of any confidence, and the fans are weirdly getting the blame for this. I'm not buying it, they are fcking adults amthat get paid handsomely to preform.

What happens between the changing room and the pitch? Because even I refuse to believe MM sends them out to be that sht, I blame him for playing awful footballers like Douglas and Knudsen, but it's the players fault they can't string a pass together

We've had mick out, Evans sort it out.... next to come will be 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' then we'll see them melts sink into their shells, no fcking spin out there. Our 'leader' need to grab a few of them round the fcking throat, Berra should he dropped and not played again until he bucks his fcking ideas up.

Utter disgrace

Smashing

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 14:18 - Jan 19 with 1621 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 09:51 - Jan 19 by hype313

Indeed, Ask most Arsenal fans how they feel about Kroenke, I bet you wouldn't get a positive response, likewise Swansea fans.

I've always thought Arsenal haven't done too bad - the money's been there for big signings when they've really needed them, but the owners haven't caved in to daft fan demands like sacking Wenger or decent players like Giroud.

But Swansea, yep. And Villa went into free fall under Lerner. It took Henry & Thingy a while to get Liverpool sorted after a bad start. They're getting it very wrong at Palace; have nose-dived since the American owners came in. And Sunderland doing badly.

Americans don't have the best of records in the UK.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 17:40 - Jan 20 with 1523 viewsdalianwasexciting

The sentiment is there, but the club is heavily in debt to him. he owns the training facility and lets face it, are we attractive to an investor? Let alone one who would need to settle/take on the ever increasing debt.

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 17:43 - Jan 20 with 1519 viewsDanTheMan

Lots of Mick out calls . But why no EVANS OUT ??? on 08:50 - Jan 19 by Benters

Perhaps they should play behind closed doors then if the fans are upsetting the players that much ?

If 10,000 people turned up to watch you were and every time you made the smallest mistake they made some nasty personal comments, how long would you keep doing it?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024