Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... 09:22 - Jan 19 with 2883 viewsitfcjoe

....is that in reality it is an average season.

Club who's wage bill in lower mid-table (13th-17th or thereabouts) in the Championship are likely to finish in this range. Especially if they don't spend on transfers.

Unless something fundamental changes to the club, then we may as well get used to this.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:51 - Jan 19 with 458 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 13:48 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

Since the start of November, we have been accruing an average of 1.45 points per game, only a fraction below last season's overall figure (1.50) and 2013-14 (1.48). So we're probably back to doing slightly better than mid-table, League position only hindered by that spell in late September and early October.

The worrying thing is that when the team collapses, it does so completely - practically every other game.

Incredibly Guthers, if we win Saturday, we'd be in the top 5 on the league form table with 12 from 18 points taken

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:51 - Jan 19 with 457 viewsartsbossbeard

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:49 - Jan 19 by cruncher

Surely the bulk of the board who predicted a top half /6 finish are.

The mystical somewhere in or thereabouts the top 10 was mentioned in the main, I don't think anyone is overly shocked that we're not top 6.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:56 - Jan 19 with 437 viewscruncher

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:51 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

The mystical somewhere in or thereabouts the top 10 was mentioned in the main, I don't think anyone is overly shocked that we're not top 6.

You expected a decent finishing position for us didn't you lol?
Ha
Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:56 - Jan 19 with 432 viewsartsbossbeard

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:56 - Jan 19 by cruncher

You expected a decent finishing position for us didn't you lol?
Ha

Ha! Top 10 was the hope.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 15:00 - Jan 19 with 424 viewscruncher

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:56 - Jan 19 by artsbossbeard

Ha! Top 10 was the hope.

I am angry very angry to see what has become of this club it was writing on the wall the end of last season with no funds we are pretty crap.
Wouldn't be suprised if we get duffed over Saturday 3-0 or something it's the fact we can't do nothing about it that hurts.
Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 15:01 - Jan 19 with 421 viewsimsureazzure

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 14:01 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

I beg to differ. We'd punt long and rely on Murph creating and finishing his own chances more often than not. I remember finding us very underwhelming that season (most of my matches were on the road though, so I don't know whether there was a home v away difference). But we were largely dreadful as far as watchability goes.

It started to go wrong 2 years ago, October 14 to the end of December 14 was the best football played by us since 2000-20001.

We had pace and decent service in to the box from wide positions, good dead ball delivery which is backed up the goals scored by the centre halves.
Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 15:02 - Jan 19 with 419 viewsCaptainObvious

what's Lincoln's wage bill?

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 15:04 - Jan 19 with 408 viewsartsbossbeard

Worst thing about this 'terrible' season... on 15:00 - Jan 19 by cruncher

I am angry very angry to see what has become of this club it was writing on the wall the end of last season with no funds we are pretty crap.
Wouldn't be suprised if we get duffed over Saturday 3-0 or something it's the fact we can't do nothing about it that hurts.

To be frank, there's no surprise in a 3-0 drubbing this Saturday - unless the Lincoln game was the ultimate double bluff, of course*

*no.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024