Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Douglas denial 13:05 - Jan 19 with 1624 viewsDisco_Inferno

Whilst mulling over our most recent and humbling setback I once again couldn't fail to notice how poor Jonathan Douglas was again on Tuesday (by no means was he alone on this occasion) and it got me to thinking of whether we really are better without him. In short YES we are.

In the 20 matches Douglas has played this season (including 2 appearances from subs bench) we have won 3, drawn 6 and lost 11 scoring just 10 goals whilst conceding 21 - meaning we have collected 0.75 points per game (I am including our cup games here) and more worryingly scored just 0.5 goals per game.

In the 9 matches he has no involvement in we have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 1, that is promotion form. Scoring 20 goals (over 2 per game) and conceding 14.

So yes our defense is marginally tighter when he plays, but we score over 4 times as many goals and actually win games.

Ok some might argue that he is used more in away games to "sure up defence" so our results will be better however he has also started against the likes of Stevenage and Lincoln (away). The only bad performances he missed were the home tie against Lincoln, the Forest and Rotherham games.

This is not just a slight pattern - this is glaringly obvious! He must impact the players around him in a negative fashion when he plays. WHY CAN'T OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM SEE THIS!!

Without Douglas we are more likely to win and 100% ,more likely to entertain!
The Douglas denial on 13:21 - Jan 19 with 1497 viewshoppy

Has he got another season to trigger after a certain number of appearances, or are we safe on that front?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Douglas denial on 13:25 - Jan 19 with 1454 viewsDisco_Inferno

The Douglas denial on 13:21 - Jan 19 by hoppy

Has he got another season to trigger after a certain number of appearances, or are we safe on that front?

I doubt it given his age but don't know for definite. Phil?
The Douglas denial on 13:25 - Jan 19 with 1448 viewsgoat_man

Worryingly Tuesday night won't be the last time we see him. His presence on the pitch will ruin a whole load more games yet. The fans know he's rubbish, his team mates drop deeper and dont pass to him because he's rubbish. Why has he been here for two years?
The Douglas denial on 13:26 - Jan 19 with 1431 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't read a Douglas post without thinking of the video that the Geordie(?) lass posted. That's done it for me.
It was horribly cruel, and Chambo is spot on - the abuse he gets at games and on social media is disgusting - anyone mocking him isn't supporting the team. But nonetheless I can't get that video out of my head.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Douglas denial on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 1392 viewshoppy

The Douglas denial on 13:26 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

I can't read a Douglas post without thinking of the video that the Geordie(?) lass posted. That's done it for me.
It was horribly cruel, and Chambo is spot on - the abuse he gets at games and on social media is disgusting - anyone mocking him isn't supporting the team. But nonetheless I can't get that video out of my head.

What is worse about that video is that it was an opposing supporter that must've noticed it happening for some while before deciding to film it, otherwise why would she have been randomly filming a player on the other team?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

The Douglas denial on 13:30 - Jan 19 with 1368 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Douglas denial on 13:28 - Jan 19 by hoppy

What is worse about that video is that it was an opposing supporter that must've noticed it happening for some while before deciding to film it, otherwise why would she have been randomly filming a player on the other team?

I know. Reminds me of a dog we used to have and enjoyed playing piggy in the middle with sticks. It never did catch one.

Now I'm getting bitchy - must stop

The Douglas denial on 13:31 - Jan 19 with 1340 viewsOsborneOneNil

The Douglas denial on 13:30 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

I know. Reminds me of a dog we used to have and enjoyed playing piggy in the middle with sticks. It never did catch one.

Now I'm getting bitchy - must stop

I want to know why he doesn't bend his legs at the knee when he 'runs'.
The Douglas denial on 13:33 - Jan 19 with 1273 viewsReuser_is_God

The Douglas denial on 13:28 - Jan 19 by hoppy

The worst thing is that he's showing so much intent to get the ball you'd think that he's seen a killer pass he wants to make but he just knocks straight back to Chambers.

Bizarre.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

The Douglas denial on 13:36 - Jan 19 with 1225 viewsGeoffSentence

Good analysis. I like analyses like this. My favourite one is that in the 38 league games ALB played for us we averaged 1.58 points per game which, had they all been in one season, would have seen us challenging for the play-offs. This at a time when our defence was terrible and we were struggling against relegation rather than fighting for promotion.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The Douglas denial on 13:36 - Jan 19 with 1214 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Douglas denial on 13:31 - Jan 19 by OsborneOneNil

I want to know why he doesn't bend his legs at the knee when he 'runs'.

The knees are ok aren't they? Looks more like a hip mobility issue - lacking backward extension, leading to pointy @rse problems.

Arh, stop. I want to be nice! I hate taking the piss out of our players, except tvvats like Chopra who deserved it.

Dougie seems like a top bloke and took that video on the chin. It's not his fault he was the 7th defensive player lining up against a team 50+ places below us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024