Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to drop Berra? 15:58 - Jan 19 with 1157 viewsbournemouthblue

Digby and Chambers looked a good combo

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:11 - Jan 19 with 1141 viewsitfcjoe

I thought Digby really struggled.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 1117 viewsBlue_Armee

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:11 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Digby is awful

Poll: Mexit or McStay? Not what you want but what you think will actually happen

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 1118 viewsbournemouthblue

I never really noticed him or Chambers, whereas Berra always seemed to be dragged out of position and hoofing it into no man's land

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:19 - Jan 19 with 1105 viewsLankHenners

If "really struggled" describes Digby's efforts, then I doubt there's a word in the English language which comes close to describing Berra's.

Would still start Berra though, should get him to play through this bad patch of form as he's solid as a rock when he's on it. If we do keep with 352, until Smith's back does Mick have any other choice than to play Digby? Unless he decides to throw Pat Webber in there out of the blue, which would seem unlikely to me.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:20 - Jan 19 with 1083 viewsBlueBadger

I'd much rather see Smith coming in for Berra than Digby.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:22 - Jan 19 with 1069 viewsusm

No

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:23 - Jan 19 with 1066 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

I disagree, definitely better than Chambo and Berra against Lincoln.

Him and Emmanuel should definitely make the spot their own now with Webster out, maybe he'll return to 4-4-2 and play Chambers in his correct position.
Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:27 - Jan 19 with 1026 viewsmanchego

Problem with 3 5 2 is less midfield to pass to.
Much more hoof.
We probably need 4 5 1
It might force us to pass ? Maybe ? Occasionally ?
Login to get fewer ads

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:34 - Jan 19 with 996 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

With Bramble on the bench as cover?
Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:36 - Jan 19 with 989 viewscasanovacrow

Despite Lincoln bossing us I wouldn't judge Digby being any good on one game against a team playing a tall fat lump with a comb-over up front
Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:37 - Jan 19 with 992 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I think so.

I'd play a back two of Chambers and Emmanuel, allowing Knudsen to play the headless chicken role in front of them, whilst Skuse and Douglas amble about like old ladies protecting the creative-promise-but-no-end-product trio of Bru, Sears and Ward, leaving Lawrence a free role to be the only half-decent footballer and Leon Best to take home a fat pay packet for strolling around the pitch like a disillusioned scarecrow.

I think the question should be... even with one leg, would Webster still be a better defender than the others?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 16:39]

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:38 - Jan 19 with 967 viewstaximan

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:37 - Jan 19 by WoodsFriesRice

I think so.

I'd play a back two of Chambers and Emmanuel, allowing Knudsen to play the headless chicken role in front of them, whilst Skuse and Douglas amble about like old ladies protecting the creative-promise-but-no-end-product trio of Bru, Sears and Ward, leaving Lawrence a free role to be the only half-decent footballer and Leon Best to take home a fat pay packet for strolling around the pitch like a disillusioned scarecrow.

I think the question should be... even with one leg, would Webster still be a better defender than the others?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 16:39]

nice one
Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:45 - Jan 19 with 935 viewsbournemouthblue

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:36 - Jan 19 by casanovacrow

Despite Lincoln bossing us I wouldn't judge Digby being any good on one game against a team playing a tall fat lump with a comb-over up front

It was a physical examination if nothing else

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:54 - Jan 19 with 912 viewsPJH

If we play three at the back plus wing backs then at the moment it seems to me that the three can only be Digby,Chambers and Berra.
Main problem with that is when Berra gets dragged too wide to the left,he is going through a dodgy spell at the moment anyway but gets even more exposed when out wide.
If we revert to a flat back four then probably Chambers and Berra in the middle although Digby did well enough on Tuesday(in my opinion)and also looked good at Middlebro at the end of last season.
I think Digby could still become a good player for us but we need to decide on the best combination to get us through the next three months without Webster.
When Tommy Smith is back and ready to play he could replace Berra unless Berra's form has picked up by then.
Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:59 - Jan 19 with 895 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:19 - Jan 19 by LankHenners

If "really struggled" describes Digby's efforts, then I doubt there's a word in the English language which comes close to describing Berra's.

Would still start Berra though, should get him to play through this bad patch of form as he's solid as a rock when he's on it. If we do keep with 352, until Smith's back does Mick have any other choice than to play Digby? Unless he decides to throw Pat Webber in there out of the blue, which would seem unlikely to me.

The problem for Berra was that he started the game awfully so that set everyone's opinions. He was much better in second half but his display on the ball in first half was shambolic.

Digby just struggled full stop

Is it time to drop Berra? on 17:00 - Jan 19 with 888 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:23 - Jan 19 by WickhamsLeftBoot

I disagree, definitely better than Chambo and Berra against Lincoln.

Him and Emmanuel should definitely make the spot their own now with Webster out, maybe he'll return to 4-4-2 and play Chambers in his correct position.

I must have been watching a different game - Chambers was, by an absolute distance, our best centre half on Tuesday.

Is it time to drop Berra? on 17:04 - Jan 19 with 852 viewsPJH

Is it time to drop Berra? on 17:00 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

I must have been watching a different game - Chambers was, by an absolute distance, our best centre half on Tuesday.

I would agree that Chambers was our best centre half on Tuesday as he also was against Blackburn but unlike yourself in your earlier post,I thought Digby was pretty reasonable on Tuesday.
Is it time to drop Berra? on 17:04 - Jan 19 with 844 viewsbluefunk

Is it time to drop Berra? on 16:54 - Jan 19 by PJH

If we play three at the back plus wing backs then at the moment it seems to me that the three can only be Digby,Chambers and Berra.
Main problem with that is when Berra gets dragged too wide to the left,he is going through a dodgy spell at the moment anyway but gets even more exposed when out wide.
If we revert to a flat back four then probably Chambers and Berra in the middle although Digby did well enough on Tuesday(in my opinion)and also looked good at Middlebro at the end of last season.
I think Digby could still become a good player for us but we need to decide on the best combination to get us through the next three months without Webster.
When Tommy Smith is back and ready to play he could replace Berra unless Berra's form has picked up by then.

You have that spot on IMO.There are problems playing 532 with current defensive personnel although as per MM's comments that shape allows Dozzell to play.

Digby is the only realistic option for the 3rd CB (although can Spence play there ??), and he did well at Boro, as you say, but Berra has looked very nervous on the ball as the left side of the 3.

More likely I think a return to 433, with a defensive mindset (yes, I know) with Chambers and Berra in the middle, Emmanuel and Knudsen the full backs. Skuse and Bru in the midfield with (perhaps) Dozzell and a front 3 of Lawrence Sears and Pitman (assuming he can play).

Didn't Digby play at previous clubs as a holding midfielder - or have I imagined that. Given the paucity of midfield options maybe time to revisit that - we really are down to the bare bones. After his leaden performance on Tuesday, I wouldn't let Best even train with the first team, never mind trust him to start, no matter how few fit players we have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024