Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday 16:49 - Jan 19 with 1450 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I'm not blaming MM so much anymore for our season, for that performance maybe so, but not for the season so much any more.

Mick has made mistakes no doubt about that, but our dismal season so far, and out failiure to push on from the play off semi vs Nodge is all down to one person. Marcus Evans and his years of underinvestment. Our best players sold for big money and not replaced.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I become that not replacing Murphy in August killed out season then and there.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 16:54 - Jan 19 with 1414 viewsdirtyboy

Having Mings instead of Knudsen and Murphy instead of Sears would have been a marked improvement had we held onto them, but look...Mings crocked on first day as was Murphy and we 'could' have been without them anyway.

It's so strange, I can't believe any other clubs have been quite as unlucky as us on seemingly all fronts?!

That being said, I'm a believer in making your own luck.
I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 10:55 - Jan 20 with 1257 viewsrexron

I agree Cheltenham. There is no way Mick can challenge the top teams without some new quality players coming in. All in all Mick has done a good job overall.

Poll: Who would you prefer as manager for Ipswich Town?

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 1237 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I agree

Years of overachieving on a mid table budget. First season of performing as well as expected on the money spent and mid table wages and suddenly the gaping wholes we have and lack of quality through lack of money spent became blindingly obvious.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:07 - Jan 20 with 1222 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

As Pish poor as it was on Tuesday, one result should never define a manager or a team.

Yes it was abysmal (and has largely been for a few weeks and months now) but Mick is getting what he can out of a pretty limited group.. albeit without allowing the opportunity to try and play some semblance of decent football.

We could always be considerably worse off, as difficult as it may seem at times.
I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:08 - Jan 20 with 1221 viewsReuser_is_God

Evans out

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:09 - Jan 20 with 1206 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:08 - Jan 20 by Reuser_is_God

Evans out

Indeed

He's the bigger problem in terms of us improving from mid table

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:11 - Jan 20 with 1199 viewsDoobDude

Absolutely correct.
Although I also believe that we can find a better manager than McCarthy. We just have to be brave.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:14 - Jan 20 with 1188 viewsTheBlueBarca

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:04 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

I agree

Years of overachieving on a mid table budget. First season of performing as well as expected on the money spent and mid table wages and suddenly the gaping wholes we have and lack of quality through lack of money spent became blindingly obvious.

This years of "overachieving" myth.

We scraped the Playoffs once because Derby blew it, other than that we have achieved under Mick exactly what you would expect given his style, the players he's recruited and the budget set by the owner.

To overachieve you have to achieve something in the first place.

I would have agreed with most of these sentiments a year ago, but having seen how the team has played over the course of the last two seasons, the tactical failures, the shocking recruitment in the transfer windows - much of which is down to the manager, including Tuesday, I cannot justify him being here any longer.

Frankly it's been appalling and it is his fault.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 11:15]

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Login to get fewer ads

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:20 - Jan 20 with 1151 viewsitfcjoe

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:14 - Jan 20 by TheBlueBarca

We scraped the Playoffs once because Derby blew it, other than that we have achieved under Mick exactly what you would expect given his style, the players he's recruited and the budget set by the owner.

I would have agreed with most of these sentiments a year ago, but having seen how the team has played over the course of the last two seasons, the tactical failures, the shocking recruitment in the transfer windows - much of which is down to the manager, including Tuesday, I cannot justify him being here any longer.

How is finishing higher in the table than any metrics would suggest (Wage bill, turnover, transfer spending) not over achieving?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:21 - Jan 20 with 1142 viewsITFC_Forever

Mick has said numerous times it was his decision to sell Murphy.

They're both to blame.... to do that without lining up a replacement threw our season away after 3 weeks. We are repeatedly told by Mick that Club A won't let Player X move until they have a replacement - but we are prepared to??

Both of them deserve all (well, most of) the stick that has come their way.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:31 - Jan 20 with 1103 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm sorry but I think you're talking nonsense.

We finished in the playoffs because we got more points than Derby.

Season 1 - Saved us from definite relegation and even managed to get us comfortably clear -
OVERACHIEVES

Season 2 - Top ten with many of the players not his and also a lower mid table budget
OVERACHIEVES

Season 3 - Playoffs on a mid table budget -
OVERACHIEVES

Season 4 - 7th on a mid table budget -
OVERACHIEVES

Season 5 - Mid table on a mid table budget - Average

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:58 - Jan 20 with 1040 viewsITFC_Forever

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:31 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Season 1 - Saved us from definite relegation and even managed to get us comfortably clear -
OVERACHIEVES

Season 2 - Top ten with many of the players not his and also a lower mid table budget
OVERACHIEVES

OVERACHIEVES

OVERACHIEVES

We didn't get more points than Derby - we had a better goal difference.

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 12:00 - Jan 20 with 1020 viewsITFC_Forever

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:31 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

OVERACHIEVES

OVERACHIEVES

OVERACHIEVES

OVERACHIEVES

Football a lot of the last 18 months - awful.

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 12:03 - Jan 20 with 1011 viewsPJH

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 11:58 - Jan 20 by ITFC_Forever

We didn't get more points than Derby - we had a better goal difference.

No,it was one point more than Derby,four goal better GD than Wolves and one goal worse GD than Brentford.Derby actually had a better GD than us but they unluckily DID NOT GET ENOUGH POINTS.
I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 12:04 - Jan 20 with 997 viewsITFC_Forever

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 12:03 - Jan 20 by PJH

No,it was one point more than Derby,four goal better GD than Wolves and one goal worse GD than Brentford.Derby actually had a better GD than us but they unluckily DID NOT GET ENOUGH POINTS.

Sorry - we got in by goal difference, but that was from Wolves who finished 7th.

We were indeed 1 point better off than Derby who finished 8th.

Rommy saying we got in the POs as we finished a point ahead of Derby isn't 100% correct as we got in the POs by having a better GD than Wolves.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 12:06]

I've calmed down considerably since Tuesday on 12:29 - Jan 20 with 948 viewsPlums

I agree with this. The problems run far deeper than the sale of Murphy. The manager has had four years to develop a cohort of midfield players who can either:
* run forward into space with the ball at their feet.
* pass a ball into a channel for one of our many forwards to work with.

The abject selections and lack of simple invention in the middle of the park is why we are where we are. There have been injuries but that's why we have a squad and it's down to the manager to develop and use that squad.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024