Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely no opposition 17:09 - Jan 19 with 6488 viewsgiant_stow

and no one to other than little Timmy to represent the 48% - cheers Corbyn:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-mps-leader-vo

Feels like one massive stitch up.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolutely no opposition on 17:18 - Jan 19 with 2535 viewsGlasgowBlue

You think Corbyn should tell his MP's to defy the vote of the majority?

What part of 52-48% is a stitch up?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Absolutely no opposition on 17:24 - Jan 19 with 2535 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 17:18 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

You think Corbyn should tell his MP's to defy the vote of the majority?

What part of 52-48% is a stitch up?

The part that decides the the 48% should be ignored and the part that decides that 100% of people want hard brexit, when no one voted for that.

Only 8 MPs representing nearly half the population's view (and more if including those wanting to remain part of the siIngle market). Do you really think that's fair?

Edit: I'd go as far to say its almost coup-like.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 17:28]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolutely no opposition on 17:28 - Jan 19 with 2510 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:24 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

The part that decides the the 48% should be ignored and the part that decides that 100% of people want hard brexit, when no one voted for that.

Only 8 MPs representing nearly half the population's view (and more if including those wanting to remain part of the siIngle market). Do you really think that's fair?

I’m not quite sure what it is you are objecting to here?

On June 23 2016 we held a referendum on our membership of the EU. It was a straight choice between whether we remain a member of the EU or whether we leave. The majority of those who cast a ballot voted to leave by 52-48%.

Most people, including a majority of those who voted to remain have accepted the result.

In order for us to start the process to leave we have to trigger article 50.

Triggering article 50 has no bearing on whether we have a hard or soft Brexit. The eventual deal we negotiate will be put before the House of Commons and then the House of Lords.

If the deal is voted down we start negotiations again.

I'll repeat: Triggering article 50 has nothing to do with hard or soft Brexit.

Anyone who votes against triggering Article 50 is voting against the democratic decision of the country.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 17:29]

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:31 - Jan 19 with 2494 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 17:24 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

You're whining about the 48% being ignored while wishing Labour would defy the referendum result. Classic. It was always hard Brexit vs remaining. No other result was really achievable. Sky had a poll which showed a majority of people wanted a hard Brexit. No idea what the sample size was but all this 'no one voted for a hard Brexit' thing is just you lot wishing you could remain via the backdoor. We voted to leave. You're going to have to get over it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Absolutely no opposition on 17:33 - Jan 19 with 2486 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 17:28 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

On June 23 2016 we held a referendum on our membership of the EU. It was a straight choice between whether we remain a member of the EU or whether we leave. The majority of those who cast a ballot voted to leave by 52-48%.

Most people, including a majority of those who voted to remain have accepted the result.

Triggering article 50 has no bearing on whether we have a hard or soft Brexit. The eventual deal we negotiate will be put before the House of Commons and then the House of Lords.

Anyone who votes against triggering Article 50 is voting against the democratic decision of the country.

Agree with all of that except the last line. Farron and other remain constituency MPs have the right to vote against IMO.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:34 - Jan 19 with 2474 viewsgiant_stow

Triggering article 50 has every bearing on hard or soft brexit.

What with May saying she's prefer no deal to a bad deal, if parliament votes no to a deal, we'll be left with hard brexit by default (given the 2 year time frame, caused by triggering article 50).

No one voted for that. Don't try and re-write history - there was every doubt as to what brexit actually meant re the single market, before and after the vote.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 2461 viewsIpswichIrish

I voted remain and i agree the 48% haven't had a voice, but I also unapologetically support Corbyn, there's nout 'looney lefty' about being against wars, nuclear weapons, tax cuts for the rich, following America into illegal wars around the world and privatising fresh air
Absolutely no opposition on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 2436 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 17:31 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

You're whining about the 48% being ignored while wishing Labour would defy the referendum result. Classic. It was always hard Brexit vs remaining. No other result was really achievable. Sky had a poll which showed a majority of people wanted a hard Brexit. No idea what the sample size was but all this 'no one voted for a hard Brexit' thing is just you lot wishing you could remain via the backdoor. We voted to leave. You're going to have to get over it.

are you having a 'leave' day today then? It was 'stay' this time last week wasn't it?!

Labour should respect *it's* voters who by and large would not want hard brexit - not the 52%.

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely no opposition on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 2417 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:33 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Agree with all of that except the last line. Farron and other remain constituency MPs have the right to vote against IMO.

They have the right, we live in a democracy, but voting against triggering article 50, which I'll repeat has no bearing on whether we have a hard or soft brexit, is voting against a democratic result.

It's like not accepting the result of a general election if the country returns a Tory govt but your constituency voted labour.

By all means fight hard for the deal you believe is best for the UK when we leave but don't vote against the result.

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:39 - Jan 19 with 2388 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely no opposition on 17:31 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

No-one voted for a hard exit though. We were going to leave the EU. Now we're talking about taking a step further outside than even Switzerland and Norway.

52-48 to leave the EU just isn't a mandate for this.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolutely no opposition on 17:39 - Jan 19 with 2381 viewsvapour_trail

Do MPS represent the country try or their constituents?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Absolutely no opposition on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 2375 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 17:35 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

I voted remain and i agree the 48% haven't had a voice, but I also unapologetically support Corbyn, there's nout 'looney lefty' about being against wars, nuclear weapons, tax cuts for the rich, following America into illegal wars around the world and privatising fresh air

He's betrayed the many less well off in this country who will lose out when our own only option for survival is to go low-tax / low pay / low social welfare. And if the jocks fck off, labour will never get back in power in England at least - a total betrayal of *his* people.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:41 - Jan 19 with 2356 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 17:37 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

are you having a 'leave' day today then? It was 'stay' this time last week wasn't it?!

Labour should respect *it's* voters who by and large would not want hard brexit - not the 52%.

Show me where I said I want to stay or you can apologise if you've got any decency. I said i'd consider changing my vote if there was another referendum. Since then there has been plenty of positive developments. You need to accept there is only hard Brexit or no Brexit. Either the 48% get ignored or the 52% get ignored and sadly for you it looks like it will be the 48%.

This whole argument about no one voting for hard Brexit is just plan b for your lost cause. Why didn't the remain camp bring this up before the vote? This was clearly plan b and now that has failed as well you're all freaking out.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:41 - Jan 19 with 2353 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:34 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Triggering article 50 has every bearing on hard or soft brexit.

What with May saying she's prefer no deal to a bad deal, if parliament votes no to a deal, we'll be left with hard brexit by default (given the 2 year time frame, caused by triggering article 50).

No one voted for that. Don't try and re-write history - there was every doubt as to what brexit actually meant re the single market, before and after the vote.

I'm getting fed up with people trying to re write history and say that people weren't told voted to leave would in all likelihood mean leaving the single market.

http://stephentall.org/2017/01/18/what-vote-leave-said-about-uk-membership-of-th

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/voting-leave-meant-leaving-single-market-vo

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:43 - Jan 19 with 2319 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:39 - Jan 19 by vapour_trail

Do MPS represent the country try or their constituents?

Most of the time the represent their party, hence the whipping system. But the referendum was a democratic vote. As I said earlier, it's like refusing to accept a general election result because you don't like the result.

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 2313 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 17:41 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

I'm getting fed up with people trying to re write history and say that people weren't told voted to leave would in all likelihood mean leaving the single market.

http://stephentall.org/2017/01/18/what-vote-leave-said-about-uk-membership-of-th

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/voting-leave-meant-leaving-single-market-vo

The key phrase that lets your post down there is yours: 'in all likelihood'. Even when making this point now, in retrospect, your honesty is stopping you making this a definite statement because you know there was plenty of doubt. If you were right, the referendum question would have spelt out single market membership explicitly - it didn't, so you're wrong.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:46 - Jan 19 with 2279 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 17:41 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Show me where I said I want to stay or you can apologise if you've got any decency. I said i'd consider changing my vote if there was another referendum. Since then there has been plenty of positive developments. You need to accept there is only hard Brexit or no Brexit. Either the 48% get ignored or the 52% get ignored and sadly for you it looks like it will be the 48%.

This whole argument about no one voting for hard Brexit is just plan b for your lost cause. Why didn't the remain camp bring this up before the vote? This was clearly plan b and now that has failed as well you're all freaking out.

Calm down silly - I didn't say you're a remainer now - I mocked you for swaying in the wind and given your own memory of your posts, I was right too.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 2258 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:44 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

The key phrase that lets your post down there is yours: 'in all likelihood'. Even when making this point now, in retrospect, your honesty is stopping you making this a definite statement because you know there was plenty of doubt. If you were right, the referendum question would have spelt out single market membership explicitly - it didn't, so you're wrong.

All likelihood because there are negotiations. Nothing is certain.

But every link I've just posted says leave the single market. Read the links and quotes. Watch the video.

But again you deliberately miss the point. Triggering article 50 is giving formal notification we are leaving. Nothing more and nothing less.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 17:54]

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 2254 viewsIpswichIrish

Absolutely no opposition on 17:40 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

He's betrayed the many less well off in this country who will lose out when our own only option for survival is to go low-tax / low pay / low social welfare. And if the jocks fck off, labour will never get back in power in England at least - a total betrayal of *his* people.

Betrayed the many less well off?
Opposed the tories brutal welfare cuts
Opposed useless waste of money trident
Opposes tax cuts for the rich
Wants to stop austerity and privatising - something the EU won't let you stop
Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 2249 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 17:46 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Calm down silly - I didn't say you're a remainer now - I mocked you for swaying in the wind and given your own memory of your posts, I was right too.

I'm not swaying. I simply said if there was a second referendum I would consider the other side with all the extra info we have. Surely a reasonable position?

Would you be happy to see the referendum result ignored and parliament vote to remain like David Lammy suggested?

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:50 - Jan 19 with 2231 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Betrayed the many less well off?
Opposed the tories brutal welfare cuts
Opposed useless waste of money trident
Opposes tax cuts for the rich
Wants to stop austerity and privatising - something the EU won't let you stop

Quite right mate. Jezza is doing a splendid job. Long may he continue.

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 2210 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

I'm not swaying. I simply said if there was a second referendum I would consider the other side with all the extra info we have. Surely a reasonable position?

Would you be happy to see the referendum result ignored and parliament vote to remain like David Lammy suggested?

Good news about the Ausies wanting tp do a free trade deal asap isn't it?

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 17:53 - Jan 19 with 2180 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 17:51 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Good news about the Ausies wanting tp do a free trade deal asap isn't it?

It is. Clearly they haven't heard that without the EU we'll be weak, broke, defenceless and isolated.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 17:54 - Jan 19 with 2164 viewsIpswichIrish

Absolutely no opposition on 17:50 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Quite right mate. Jezza is doing a splendid job. Long may he continue.

He was ahead in polls until the EU referendum when blairite charlatans tried their cowardly coup
Absolutely no opposition on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 2126 viewsvapour_trail

Absolutely no opposition on 17:43 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Most of the time the represent their party, hence the whipping system. But the referendum was a democratic vote. As I said earlier, it's like refusing to accept a general election result because you don't like the result.

So where do the constituents come into it. Isn't that the main selling point of our (imho undemocratic) parliamentary system.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024