Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolutely no opposition 17:09 - Jan 19 with 6486 viewsgiant_stow

and no one to other than little Timmy to represent the 48% - cheers Corbyn:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-labour-mps-leader-vo

Feels like one massive stitch up.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolutely no opposition on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 1651 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely no opposition on 17:54 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

He was ahead in polls until the EU referendum when blairite charlatans tried their cowardly coup

*citation needed

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolutely no opposition on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 1646 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely no opposition on 17:34 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Triggering article 50 has every bearing on hard or soft brexit.

What with May saying she's prefer no deal to a bad deal, if parliament votes no to a deal, we'll be left with hard brexit by default (given the 2 year time frame, caused by triggering article 50).

No one voted for that. Don't try and re-write history - there was every doubt as to what brexit actually meant re the single market, before and after the vote.

There was NO doubt, Brexit means Brexit...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Absolutely no opposition on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 1601 viewsGlasgowBlue

He was ahead in polls until the EU referendum when blairite charlatans tried their cowardly coup

No he wasn't. Labour were ahead in 3 of the 75 polls conducted before the referendum. The last time they were ahead was in April, two months before the referendum result and the leadership contest. And that was after one of Gideon's awful budgets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37061605

Here is every poll since 2010.

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2

Do you get your lines from facey?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 18:27]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Absolutely no opposition on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 1628 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely no opposition on 17:49 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Betrayed the many less well off?
Opposed the tories brutal welfare cuts
Opposed useless waste of money trident
Opposes tax cuts for the rich
Wants to stop austerity and privatising - something the EU won't let you stop

Frankly, his utter lack of public visibility during the referendum campaign, his dicking about with talk of maximum wages, pathetic publicity stunts has all, ultimately, been a betrayal of the less well off.

Absolutely no opposition on 18:32 - Jan 19 with 1578 viewsGlasgowBlue

More good news

Guardian editor Kath Viner emails staff:

“I’m writing to let you know that, following a period of unpaid leave from Guardian News & Media, Seumas Milne has decided to continue in his role as the Labour party’s strategy and communications director, and is leaving the staff of the Guardian.

I would like to thank Seumas for his brilliant Guardian journalism, and we hope he’ll write for us again in the future.”

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 18:47 - Jan 19 with 1565 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 17:58 - Jan 19 by vapour_trail

So where do the constituents come into it. Isn't that the main selling point of our (imho undemocratic) parliamentary system.

Constituency work and work at Westminster are two different things.

Most MP's are beholden to their party as they are the people giving the candidate a platform and stumping up the election spend.

Try standing as an independent and see how far you get.

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 19:05 - Jan 19 with 1576 viewsBlueBadger

Absolutely no opposition on 18:32 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

More good news

Guardian editor Kath Viner emails staff:

“I’m writing to let you know that, following a period of unpaid leave from Guardian News & Media, Seumas Milne has decided to continue in his role as the Labour party’s strategy and communications director, and is leaving the staff of the Guardian.

I would like to thank Seumas for his brilliant Guardian journalism, and we hope he’ll write for us again in the future.”

Now there's a statement that stinks of 'for f*k's sake give him a good reference, then we can be shot of him'.

Absolutely no opposition on 19:25 - Jan 19 with 1547 viewsThe_Last_Baron

The referendum is over. Leave won. The wishes of the majority will be carried out.

This is democracy in action. When Tony Blair was elected three times in a row, there were many who opposed him but accepted the result of the electorate. It has to be like this, we are one of the oldest democracies in the world.

You may not like the result but failure to accept it is very bad for democracy in the nation.

Get behind the country, the UK has a great and powerful future outside the constraints of the European Union project.

The way the Liberal (undemocrats) are behaving is pathetic.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Login to get fewer ads

Absolutely no opposition on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 1541 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely no opposition on 19:25 - Jan 19 by The_Last_Baron

The referendum is over. Leave won. The wishes of the majority will be carried out.

This is democracy in action. When Tony Blair was elected three times in a row, there were many who opposed him but accepted the result of the electorate. It has to be like this, we are one of the oldest democracies in the world.

You may not like the result but failure to accept it is very bad for democracy in the nation.

Get behind the country, the UK has a great and powerful future outside the constraints of the European Union project.

Not discussing how we leave (and pretending that's implicit in the referendum) is even worse for democracy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Absolutely no opposition on 20:07 - Jan 19 with 1472 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 19:25 - Jan 19 by The_Last_Baron

this post demonstrates perfectly how the hard right are driving this subversion of democracy through. and sadly, there's no one left to call it out - thanks once again jez.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolutely no opposition on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 1447 viewsNewcyBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 19:30 - Jan 19 by Darth_Koont

Not discussing how we leave (and pretending that's implicit in the referendum) is even worse for democracy.

Wasn't it already said that negotiations wouldn't begin until we triggered article 50?

Best just to get it underway really isn't it? Otherwise we are going to go round in the same circles and it is already getting boring.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Absolutely no opposition on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 1443 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 20:20 - Jan 19 by NewcyBlue

Wasn't it already said that negotiations wouldn't begin until we triggered article 50?

Best just to get it underway really isn't it? Otherwise we are going to go round in the same circles and it is already getting boring.

Correct. We can't start negotiations with the EU until we invoke article 50.

May wanted to do a deal so that we could guarantee EU citizens living here could stay after we left and vice versa but she was told it can't be discussed until we pout in formal notice through article 50.

But you have maybe inadvertently hit upon the reason behind all of this bluster from reaminers. They want to go around in the same circles in the hope that people will get fed up and just settle for staying in.

As I said earlier; remainers are perfectly entitled to campaign against the deal the government apear to be going for and they can put pressure on May both in Parliament and the upcoming by elections.

But it is wrong to try and keep stalling article 50 being invoked.

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 1432 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 20:07 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

this post demonstrates perfectly how the hard right are driving this subversion of democracy through. and sadly, there's no one left to call it out - thanks once again jez.

How are the hard right subverting democracy? And who are the hard right?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 20:30]

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 20:29 - Jan 19 with 1430 viewsNewcyBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 20:27 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

May wanted to do a deal so that we could guarantee EU citizens living here could stay after we left and vice versa but she was told it can't be discussed until we pout in formal notice through article 50.

But you have maybe inadvertently hit upon the reason behind all of this bluster from reaminers. They want to go around in the same circles in the hope that people will get fed up and just settle for staying in.

As I said earlier; remainers are perfectly entitled to campaign against the deal the government apear to be going for and they can put pressure on May both in Parliament and the upcoming by elections.

I voted remain. I travel so much, I only see it becoming a bit more of a pain now and costing a bit more. I will be able to claim the money back from the company anyway.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Absolutely no opposition on 20:38 - Jan 19 with 1413 viewsgiant_stow

How are the hard right subverting democracy? And who are the hard right?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 20:30]

The hard right have neo liberal economics as a central believe and want Britain out of the Eu (completely) so as to be free to persue that. They want exactly what hammond threatened at the weekend (which is now our best card seeing as we've given away article 50).

They're subverting democracy by pretending that the referendum covered membership of the single market, when of course it didn't. Part of that pretence is to shout down the opposition and declare dissenters undemocratic and urge everyone to just get on with it. Unfortunately jez had fallen for their trick in setting the terms of the debate.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 20:39]

Absolutely no opposition on 20:45 - Jan 19 with 1384 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 20:38 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

The hard right have neo liberal economics as a central believe and want Britain out of the Eu (completely) so as to be free to persue that. They want exactly what hammond threatened at the weekend (which is now our best card seeing as we've given away article 50).

They're subverting democracy by pretending that the referendum covered membership of the single market, when of course it didn't. Part of that pretence is to shout down the opposition and declare dissenters undemocratic and urge everyone to just get on with it. Unfortunately jez had fallen for their trick in setting the terms of the debate.

Would you mind answering my question from earlier please?

Would you be happy to see the referendum result ignored and parliament vote to remain like David Lammy suggested?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Absolutely no opposition on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 1368 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 20:38 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

"They're subverting democracy by pretending that the referendum covered membership of the single market, when of course it didn't."

FFS! How many times?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=s

And from Remain’s Stronger In campaign. Attacks on the Leavers for saying the UK should no longer be members of the single market during the referendum

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=s

And from the former Prime Minister and his right hand man

Stop peddling fake news.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 20:54]

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 20:55 - Jan 19 with 1349 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 20:53 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

"They're subverting democracy by pretending that the referendum covered membership of the single market, when of course it didn't."

FFS! How many times?

And from Remain’s Stronger In campaign. Attacks on the Leavers for saying the UK should no longer be members of the single market during the referendum

Stop peddling fake news.

He's annoyed because the plan b of getting their own way by opting for the softest of Brexits has been foiled.

Democracy is only good when it goes their way. See also: Clinton voters.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 1339 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely no opposition on 20:55 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

He's annoyed because the plan b of getting their own way by opting for the softest of Brexits has been foiled.

Democracy is only good when it goes their way. See also: Clinton voters.

It's fooking diabolical that he has the brass neck to say it is the brexiteers who are subverting democracy. Is he typing any of that crap with a straight face?

Iron Lion Zion

Absolutely no opposition on 20:59 - Jan 19 with 1326 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 20:57 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

It's fooking diabolical that he has the brass neck to say it is the brexiteers who are subverting democracy. Is he typing any of that crap with a straight face?

It doesn't count if you're on the right side. If you're one of the intellectuals looking to save the thickos from themselves then you have the right to do whatever it takes.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 21:00 - Jan 19 with 1314 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remainers aren't stalling it, May is (although granted, she's always been a remainer so maybe tou're right after all). She didn't have to challenge the ruling. All she needed to do was go to Parliament before Christmas.

Besides, I can see the need to get some preliminary talks with relevant stakeholders out of the way first before we enter official notifications. The Government has been rightly criticised for not having a plan, so it would be churlish to then complain when they take time to consider their opening position. Although it's been fairly clear from the EU and it's states what their position is from day 1.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Absolutely no opposition on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 1260 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 20:45 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Would you mind answering my question from earlier please?

Would you be happy to see the referendum result ignored and parliament vote to remain like David Lammy suggested?

Apologies I missed it.

No, I accept the vote to leave the Eu - leave we must.

It's how we leave that's all important now. Your side wants to pretend you have the sole say so over that - bollox!

Absolutely no opposition on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 1236 viewsJ2BLUE

Absolutely no opposition on 21:12 - Jan 19 by giant_stow

Apologies I missed it.

No, I accept the vote to leave the Eu - leave we must.

It's how we leave that's all important now. Your side wants to pretend you have the sole say so over that - bollox!

No need to apologise.

We don't want sole say, there's just no other option IMO. We will be out. The remain side should have a fair say in what to prioritise in our negotiation - with the understanding that it will be a complete exit.

Truly impaired.

Absolutely no opposition on 21:24 - Jan 19 with 1233 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 20:53 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

FFS! How many times?

Stop peddling fake news.

Fake news?! My the gloves are off!!

Those links etc are all very well but we know that the debate was ugly and harsh, but personally I think the precise wording of the referendum gives the game away for you guys.

Absolutely no opposition on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 1227 viewsgiant_stow

Absolutely no opposition on 20:59 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

It doesn't count if you're on the right side. If you're one of the intellectuals looking to save the thickos from themselves then you have the right to do whatever it takes.

I don't get why you keep putting your side down like this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024