Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already 17:54 - Jan 19 with 2107 viewsElderGrizzly

Isn't that the job of your scouting/Director of Football?

Mick still very much underplaying his hand in his involvement in transfers too. He and Dave Bowman are front and centre in all valuations and guidance to Evans on every deal.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30996/mccarthy-owner-evans-as-supportive
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 18:15 - Jan 19 with 2060 viewstextbackup

Dave bowman must bot have a voice, as director of football how has he not rattled MMs cage over what is happening on the pitch?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 18:20 - Jan 19 with 2054 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 18:15 - Jan 19 by textbackup

Dave bowman must bot have a voice, as director of football how has he not rattled MMs cage over what is happening on the pitch?

Because he's not really a DoF in the normal sense. He's effectively the Chief Scout
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 19:42 - Jan 19 with 1984 viewscrunchie1978

No better than we already have? That shouldn't be to hard now should it!
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 19:47 - Jan 19 with 1951 viewscruncher

Fcuk we really have a poor squad I can't imagine too many players worse than ours.
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 19:48 - Jan 19 with 1948 viewsITFCBlues

The problem is, if he spends this. Obey wrong then were stuffed as were paupers. He probably won't get anymore money as we're paupers

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:33 - Jan 19 with 1877 viewsitfcjoe

I don't know why you keep trying to bang on with this point when Keane said ME did the valuations and Mick has quite clearly stated how it goes on a number of occasions.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:36 - Jan 19 with 1865 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:33 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

I don't know why you keep trying to bang on with this point when Keane said ME did the valuations and Mick has quite clearly stated how it goes on a number of occasions.

Because i know it not to be quite as Mick put it. That's all.

I've covered it in much more detail elsewhere
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:39 - Jan 19 with 1849 viewsitfcjoe

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:36 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

Because i know it not to be quite as Mick put it. That's all.

I've covered it in much more detail elsewhere

I've read it, I just prefer to listen to our manager when he talks in great detail about it than an anonymous internet users alleged conversations with our chairman?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:46 - Jan 19 with 1816 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:39 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

I've read it, I just prefer to listen to our manager when he talks in great detail about it than an anonymous internet users alleged conversations with our chairman?!

The point is you're defending Mick recently to the hilt on everything and anything. So it's not unbiased. And you'll say i'm unbiased too, so we're even there ;)

No alleged about it and plenty of people know who I am.

My point is Mick has painted a slightly inaccurate picture, from what i assume is a position designed to put pressure on Evans in the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying he is lying, but he is involved in every single deal and advises on the value of every single deal.

I didn't think his quotes/story got that across very well was my main point. Evans has plenty of blame to bear here, as he is too reliant on Mick. Something we both agree on i believe.

But Mick is the main man on transfers, while Evans holds the wallet to a pre-agreed budget.

The outcome is a weak leadership, but the key fact is we don't have enough cash to play at the top table
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 22:48]
Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:51 - Jan 19 with 1766 viewsVic

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 19:47 - Jan 19 by cruncher

Fcuk we really have a poor squad I can't imagine too many players worse than ours.

But we really don't have a poor squad do we; this season is better than we had this time last year. What they lack is confidence and some better tactics.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 19:04 - Jan 20 with 1426 viewschristiand

Judging from Tuesday night, MM needs to be looking at any players that play in a standard higher than the conference south and he'll have players that are better than what he has!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 06:05 - Jan 21 with 1268 viewsBenters

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:46 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

The point is you're defending Mick recently to the hilt on everything and anything. So it's not unbiased. And you'll say i'm unbiased too, so we're even there ;)

My point is Mick has painted a slightly inaccurate picture, from what i assume is a position designed to put pressure on Evans in the last 2 weeks. I'm not saying he is lying, but he is involved in every single deal and advises on the value of every single deal.

I didn't think his quotes/story got that across very well was my main point. Evans has plenty of blame to bear here, as he is too reliant on Mick. Something we both agree on i believe.

But Mick is the main man on transfers, while Evans holds the wallet to a pre-agreed budget.

The outcome is a weak leadership, but the key fact is we don't have enough cash to play at the top table

Where has Joe's reply gone to you on this matter when he said it was BS !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 07:46 - Jan 21 with 1210 viewsSuperfrans

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 22:46 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

Hasn't this been acknowledged before too - didn't someone say (Phil? Maybe even Mick himself?) that it was Mick who told us not to go any higher than we did on Conor Washington?

As for this thing about not wanting to spend on players who are no better than we have...

This has been a consistent thread during Mick's time here. He has always made the case that we shouldn't spend money on a player when there is someone of similar quality for much less, or free. And if we accept this to be the case, of course Mick has to be front and centre on valuations and how high we are willing to go - because price/value relates directly to the quality of players that we have, and we're not saying that Evans makes judgment on our own players' quality, are we? Mick is the only one at the club making that call.

This isn't based on any inside knowledge btw, just on a logical assessment of what we do know...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 7:47]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 07:52 - Jan 21 with 1190 viewsSuperfrans

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 18:15 - Jan 19 by textbackup

He's worked with Mick various clubs, hasn't he? So he's essentially one of Mick's men. In terms of hierarchy at the club, Mick easily outranks him.

Unlike some on here, personally I do still respect Mick though - and I personally have no doubt that Mick seeks his counsel on stuff. Whether Bowman feels comfortable criticising Mick's way of operating or his decisions relating to the first team is another matter though.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick worried about spending &getting someone no better than what we have already on 10:01 - Jan 21 with 1097 viewsmadmouse1959

All these comments are irrelevant really. Business as usual. McCarthy has made it quite clear we carry on as it is. You forget there are contracts and salaries in place so no one is going to rock the boat. No one is rattling anyone, lets make that clear. We can all guess because that is all that is left. .A bad game is usually followed by a better game before it reverts back to another bad game. You can only guess why we are using players that waved the white flag at Lincoln. You can only guess why we are not recruiting good young players released from Premiership clubs. On loan or otherwise. You can only guess why an ex defender manager prioritises bland defensive football that has no interest in a cup competition. McCarthy wants everyone to forget the FA Cup shambles versus a non league Lincoln just like we had to forget losing to Portsmouth over two games. Resting players to lose at Portsmouth only to lose the next game at Birmingham. Everything just rolls along tickety boo and you can make your own mind up whether to continue throwing money at it..There are certainly signs that long-standing supporters have had enough..It is a different era and a different kind of football ownership today. As mentioned elsewhere, it would not surprise anyone if the training ground is eventually sold to property developers.(If we own it )
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 11:36]

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024