Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's interview honest as ever 18:17 - Jan 19 with 3419 viewsLuk38644

He's spot on regarding us being a mid-table side with our budget and I think we can all acknowledge that the play-off season was mainly because Mick found a way to get us to overachieve. I still feel sorry for Mick not being given a proper budget back in January 2015 and again in that summer.

It seems the case is as we expected it, he's here for the next 4 months and will probably decide to leave in the summer and in some ways, that's actually good for us.

If we were to sack Mick now, yes, we'd be shot of Mick, but with the danger of relegation still there, I could see ME appointing another experienced Championship manager to steady the ship and get us settled for the summer (not many better managers to do that than Mick).

If (I could see him staying on if he was promised more money) we were to part ways with Mick in the summer, I would hope we would appoint someone young and ambitious early in the summer and give them something to work with and build on for a few months before the league starts.

Yes, it means that the next 4 months will be flat and we will have nothing to actually excite us and the season ticket renewals would worry me if the club led us to believe Mick would be here beyond the summer, but for the future of the club, it's a better scenario (if ME gets it right which is a whole different kettle of fish).
Mick's interview honest as ever on 23:27 - Jan 19 with 770 viewsWicklowBlue

Mick's interview honest as ever on 21:43 - Jan 19 by Johnny_Boy

What was that now infamous quote by MM last season?

(Paraphrasing)
'There isn't anyone currently or financially available that could improve this squad'

That was a bold face fib. That flew against facts & any form of realism - in order to defend M.E. & his meagre transfer budget.

Key phrase "financily available" so if the budget was 200K was there anyone available with proven experience better than the squad we have? If there was then yes that was a lie but I would speculate with the budget available there wasnt.

If the budget was £30 million then obviously the comment was a lie as there would be better players available.

I think most would agree that the budget was so limited that Mick, could not find a player that would have a substantial impact midway through the season.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 23:29]
Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:28 - Jan 20 with 710 viewsDoobDude

So the local press and this website publish some propaganda PR puff piece.
Everyone goes all dewy eyed at McCarthy, who is instructed by the PR department to mention his grandchildren.
Aaaah grandchildren bless, oh he's alright really, give him an extension on his contract.

But some of us see through this propaganda.
We see Evans, Milne, McCarthy, Connor and Bowman as the vampires that they are sucking the life out of this football club.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:34 - Jan 20 with 706 viewsdirtyboy

Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:28 - Jan 20 by DoobDude

So the local press and this website publish some propaganda PR puff piece.
Everyone goes all dewy eyed at McCarthy, who is instructed by the PR department to mention his grandchildren.
Aaaah grandchildren bless, oh he's alright really, give him an extension on his contract.

But some of us see through this propaganda.
We see Evans, Milne, McCarthy, Connor and Bowman as the vampires that they are sucking the life out of this football club.

Doob, this is hardly politcal and as usual, your attempt at simple glorification of an agenda that suits your cause.

Choose your words wisely as you show yourself up to be the vacuous fool that you are.
Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:45 - Jan 20 with 687 viewsDoobDude

Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:34 - Jan 20 by dirtyboy

Doob, this is hardly politcal and as usual, your attempt at simple glorification of an agenda that suits your cause.

Choose your words wisely as you show yourself up to be the vacuous fool that you are.

I just feel that this forum is completely unrepresentative of the fans in general.
How luks post has managed to be upvoted astonishes me.

How low and humiliated do you need to feel before something happens.
Why wait until summer? Get rid and appoint a caretaker manager (No Terry) immediately.
And then attention can turn towards Evans.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Mick's interview honest as ever on 09:13 - Jan 20 with 654 viewsdirtyboy

Mick's interview honest as ever on 08:45 - Jan 20 by DoobDude

I just feel that this forum is completely unrepresentative of the fans in general.
How luks post has managed to be upvoted astonishes me.

How low and humiliated do you need to feel before something happens.
Why wait until summer? Get rid and appoint a caretaker manager (No Terry) immediately.
And then attention can turn towards Evans.

Look, I was disappointed with the Cup exit. However, I won't lose sight of the fact that Blackburn was an improvement in approach and showed green shoots of change we were all after.

Some may say it's too little too late, but it's what we wanted. Younger personnel, more expansive style, but if he sticks with it, we can't expect it to work overnight.

The problem I have is that you and many others, whilst not being happy with the situation, seem to think you have some kind of divine right to demand Evans sacks McCarthy, or demand McCarthy walks away or demand Evans spends more.

It's just tedious and not productive. You're making your mind up how you're approaching the game and how you're going to act before the game takes place, yet ultimately, we could end up playing well and getting a point away at Huddersfield which would be good.

You've aready told yourself in your head that it won't be and that's clouding your entire judgement.

If Mick went, I would be sad that we've lost a good man, but ambivalent that whoever comes in, is still dealing with a low budget and ultimately, won't have funds to change the players to suit.
Mick's interview honest as ever on 09:23 - Jan 20 with 646 viewsdirtyboy

To add...

It's all very well asking Evans to walk away, but you still need a very f*****g wealthy man to step in and take the same ridiculous risks as Evans.

How many people out there like that are there? Needle/Haysack.
Mick's interview honest as ever on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 638 viewsPJH

Mick's interview honest as ever on 09:23 - Jan 20 by dirtyboy

To add...

It's all very well asking Evans to walk away, but you still need a very f*****g wealthy man to step in and take the same ridiculous risks as Evans.

How many people out there like that are there? Needle/Haysack.

I think DoobDude has stated before that the Club folding is the way forward-or was that Flashblue(might have been both).
Mick's interview honest as ever on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 630 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's interview honest as ever on 21:46 - Jan 19 by Ryorry

"You think he needs the money or that if he'd have walked from here earlier he wouldn't have got another job?"

So why, for what reason, do you think he didn't resign after Tues night then?

Because he's working hard to try and turn it around.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024