Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin McGuinness 21:05 - Jan 19 with 29384 viewsvapour_trail

Farewell to a political heavyweight. One of the key players in the creation of the current relatively peaceful northern Ireland and a man with a pretty grim past.

He will be missed.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Martin McGuinness on 21:59 - Jan 19 with 5836 viewsgtsb1966

Im sure all the relatives of the people murdered by the IRA will miss him too!!!
Martin McGuinness on 22:26 - Jan 19 with 5791 viewsmeekreech

Martin McGuinness on 21:59 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

Im sure all the relatives of the people murdered by the IRA will miss him too!!!

Should never have been allowed to be in any form of government , it is a let down to all of the people who did not support violence ! Both him and his IRA leader should be rotting in prison .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Martin McGuinness on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 5768 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:26 - Jan 19 by meekreech

Should never have been allowed to be in any form of government , it is a let down to all of the people who did not support violence ! Both him and his IRA leader should be rotting in prison .

The IRA served time in jail - the British army who murdered innocents in Ireland never
Martin McGuinness on 22:35 - Jan 19 with 5737 viewsBorisOrTrevor

You have got to be kidding me. How old are you?

BOT

Martin McGuinness on 22:40 - Jan 19 with 5710 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:35 - Jan 19 by BorisOrTrevor

You have got to be kidding me. How old are you?

Me? 27
Family were in the north during the troubles
I don't agree with an army occupying ANY COUNTRY let alone my own, as any Brit wouldn't either
Martin McGuinness on 22:43 - Jan 19 with 5696 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 22:30 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

The IRA served time in jail - the British army who murdered innocents in Ireland never

Yeah. It was really easy being a soldier in Ireland with a faceless enemy. Is he dead? Good bloody riddance if so. Murdering sod. If from what I imagine by this post is that he is brown bread I'm gonna have a bit of a jig tonight.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Martin McGuinness on 22:44 - Jan 19 with 5683 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 22:40 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Me? 27
I don't agree with an army occupying ANY COUNTRY let alone my own, as any Brit wouldn't either

What about Martin McGuinness and his actions. Should he have been allowed to represent people in your eyes?
Martin McGuinness on 22:46 - Jan 19 with 5654 viewsm14_blue

Martin McGuinness on 22:43 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Yeah. It was really easy being a soldier in Ireland with a faceless enemy. Is he dead? Good bloody riddance if so. Murdering sod. If from what I imagine by this post is that he is brown bread I'm gonna have a bit of a jig tonight.

Nah, just retired.
Login to get fewer ads

Martin McGuinness on 22:48 - Jan 19 with 5634 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:44 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

What about Martin McGuinness and his actions. Should he have been allowed to represent people in your eyes?

Yes he should he's elected
Thatcher was a murdering scumbag, as is Bliar, Cameron
You're not Irish, you don't get it your country has never been occupied
Martin McGuinness on 22:48 - Jan 19 with 5624 viewsLord_Lucan

Martin McGuinness on 22:40 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Me? 27

Do your history young boy. 27? Lollers!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Martin McGuinness on 22:49 - Jan 19 with 5607 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 22:48 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Yes he should he's elected
Thatcher was a murdering scumbag, as is Bliar, Cameron
You're not Irish, you don't get it your country has never been occupied

So McGuinness never had blood on his hands or killed Irish people then in your fantasy world?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 22:50]
Martin McGuinness on 22:50 - Jan 19 with 5605 viewsIpswichIrish

They should never have been in Ireland
That's your choice, I had an all day sesh celebrating when Thatcher died, and I will again when the queen, prince Philip do
Martin McGuinness on 22:52 - Jan 19 with 5575 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 22:50 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

That's your choice, I had an all day sesh celebrating when Thatcher died, and I will again when the queen, prince Philip do

So why do you support Ipswich then?
Martin McGuinness on 22:53 - Jan 19 with 5559 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:48 - Jan 19 by Lord_Lucan

Do your history young boy. 27? Lollers!

I've done my history
By your logic, me not being born then, so I can't have a view, I dare say you weren't born during WW1,2 but you're allowed to wear a poppy, have views on it
Martin McGuinness on 22:54 - Jan 19 with 5533 viewsm14_blue

Martin McGuinness on 22:50 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Nice of you to give a balanced view on things.

I hope most 27 year olds are more able to look forward and have less bigoted views. How depressing.
Martin McGuinness on 22:56 - Jan 19 with 5520 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:52 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

So why do you support Ipswich then?

Errrrrrr I didn't know I had to swear an oath to the British crown or agree with Britain's crimes in my country in order to be able to support Ipswich
Martin McGuinness on 22:59 - Jan 19 with 5495 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:54 - Jan 19 by m14_blue

Nice of you to give a balanced view on things.

I hope most 27 year olds are more able to look forward and have less bigoted views. How depressing.

I have a balanced view
I disagree with you
It's allowed
I'm glad there is relative peace in Ireland now
Martin McGuinness on 22:59 - Jan 19 with 5495 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 22:56 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

Errrrrrr I didn't know I had to swear an oath to the British crown or agree with Britain's crimes in my country in order to be able to support Ipswich

I get it now, you're just a part time hater of all things British. P.s.....you haven't acknowledged my point about your beloved McGuinness killing his own. Your views on that are?
Martin McGuinness on 23:02 - Jan 19 with 5462 viewsfeelingblue

Lucan, I understand your post.

However my father served in the military and the MoD for all bar the last 3 years of his adult life, that's why we ended up in North Essex/South Suffolk.

He did several tours in NI. We had to examine under the car every morning with a mirror on a little trolley, before he drove into Colchester.

The NI thing had no solution unless people like Martin McGuinness did what they did. It needed people who were prepared to recognise the futility of continuing the violence, if only from a practical point of view, and commit to a (semi) peaceful way forward. He took the Republican mainstream with him into a more sensible and measured arrangement.

I could never admire Martin McGuinness, but, however unpleasant he may have been, he did the right things in later life, at least.
Martin McGuinness on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 5432 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 22:59 - Jan 19 by gtsb1966

I get it now, you're just a part time hater of all things British. P.s.....you haven't acknowledged my point about your beloved McGuinness killing his own. Your views on that are?

I don't hate all things British, I hate the royal family - like a lot of British do
I don't agree with the crimes of the army in Ireland
I'm not McGuinness' biggest fan, but you, AND the authorities have absolutely NO PROOF whatsoever he killed anyone
Bloody Sunday soldiers on the other hand.....
Martin McGuinness on 23:03 - Jan 19 with 5429 viewssparks

Martin McGuinness on 22:56 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

What a despicable view. Wishing people dead on the grounds that they disagree with you.

Mcguiness supported murder and has now orchestrated the collapse of power sharing. He has always negotiated with guns under the table.

You do realise, presumably, that the majority of people in NI wished and still wish to be part of the UK?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Martin McGuinness on 23:07 - Jan 19 with 5376 viewsm14_blue

Martin McGuinness on 22:59 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

I have a balanced view
I disagree with you
It's allowed
I'm glad there is relative peace in Ireland now

Fair enough, you're not presenting a balanced view on here though which I'm sure you'll accept if you look back at your posts.

I suppose it's just a shame to see so much hatred and bitterness in someone of your age, makes me worry for the future.
Martin McGuinness on 23:07 - Jan 19 with 5376 viewsgtsb1966

Martin McGuinness on 23:03 - Jan 19 by IpswichIrish

I don't hate all things British, I hate the royal family - like a lot of British do
I don't agree with the crimes of the army in Ireland
I'm not McGuinness' biggest fan, but you, AND the authorities have absolutely NO PROOF whatsoever he killed anyone
Bloody Sunday soldiers on the other hand.....

I said he has blood on his hands. He admitted he was an active member of the IRA. The IRA murdered innocent people. What part of that do you fail to understand.
Martin McGuinness on 23:08 - Jan 19 with 5327 viewsIpswichIrish

Martin McGuinness on 23:03 - Jan 19 by sparks

What a despicable view. Wishing people dead on the grounds that they disagree with you.

Mcguiness supported murder and has now orchestrated the collapse of power sharing. He has always negotiated with guns under the table.

You do realise, presumably, that the majority of people in NI wished and still wish to be part of the UK?

No i didn't know or believe that
Ireland voted OVERWHELMINGLY to be an Irish republic until that terrorist, 'Lord' Carson idolized by unionists upped arms and gerrymandered the result. Or doesn't that count?
Martin McGuinness on 23:09 - Jan 19 with 5314 viewsjeera

Martin McGuinness on 22:26 - Jan 19 by meekreech

Should the same have applied to Mandela?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024