Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? 21:22 - Jan 19 with 3381 viewschristiand

Lots of negativity surrounding the club at the moment, lots of us on here who are frustrated. However, are there things that the club do well either on or off the pitch, which we are failing to recognise due to our current plight?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 21:40 - Jan 19 with 2899 viewschristiand

Come on people there must be 'ONE' thing?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

[Redacted] on 21:40 - Jan 19 with 2896 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 22:06 - Jan 19 with 2843 viewsoldbluestu

Not the club as such but the fans do very well at moaning, world class at it actually
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 22:11 - Jan 19 with 2826 viewscruncher

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 22:06 - Jan 19 by oldbluestu

Not the club as such but the fans do very well at moaning, world class at it actually

Ever wondered why?
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 22:17 - Jan 19 with 2802 viewsStNeotsBlue

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 22:06 - Jan 19 by oldbluestu

I'd say our fanbase is relatively chilled. I had a spare ticket on Tuesday and my WBA supporting mate took it, after our inept display he was amazed that the abuse and vitriol was as low key.
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:00 - Jan 19 with 2738 viewsbritbiker

I quite like the club crest (badge). And crazee does his best. I think must be smoking something as it's got to be hard trying to be enthusiastic in front of the North stand at the moment
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:07 - Jan 19 with 2710 viewsParsley

Giving our managers time
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:18 - Jan 19 with 2675 viewsbadadski

They do "not recruiting or having enough staff manning the shop/bar during match days."

No in fairness i think the charity work and players visiting the hospitals etc is a nice touch.

We are great at increasing and promoting other clubs assets by mixing them with our current team which is dross by comparrison - Fraser, Thownsend, Livermoore, Gio, Lawrence to name a few

i'm sure there are many other things but hard to think right now, although i do feel a bit sorry for Mick as i can see what Evans wants to do but it isn't going to be pretty for the next few seasons. He is hoping that he can keep us afloat with enough squad fillers and low key players, maybe finding a few gems here or there but to rely on the academy which is what he stated, this in the interim will be massively risky with other clubs spending running the risk of us being relegated before we can form a solid enough team out of our up and coming stars.

I don't think who ever the manager is will change our strategy as Evans does not want to splash out as knows that is an impossible task to compete with the parachute payment clubs and is hoping/praying for a fluke season again with star loans or up and coming youngsters from academy like Southampton that one year when Bale, Walcott, McGoldrick, Dyer, and the other few now worth hundreds of millions came out the same season. Mind you we need to risk playing them to promote them and not doing this before it is too late is Micks biggest downfall if i had to blame him for something
Login to get fewer ads

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:20 - Jan 19 with 2666 viewsbournemouthblue

We have a decent batch of youngsters coming through, that's surely a positive?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:33 - Jan 19 with 2635 viewscatch74

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:20 - Jan 19 by bournemouthblue

We have a decent batch of youngsters coming through, that's surely a positive?

Yep - Smith still with us and probably come out better than most by not playing much this season. Think MM has actually looked after Dozzell well, gradually got him more game time. Feels like Kenlock would now be first choice but for his injury - hope he gets given the same chance Knudsen has in terms of game time. Would like to see Morris get a chance if we remain mid table. Strangely could see some of the targets ME stated regarding youth players in team coming off next season if Emmanuel kicks on too.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 23:44 - Jan 19 with 2603 viewsIpswichChris

It has to be said that their social media engagement is pretty top notch.
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 08:56 - Jan 20 with 2458 viewsBent_double

Giving lower/non league clubs a bye through to the next round of cups with all of the financial benefits that brings.

Lincoln, Stevenage, Portsmouth, etc must have made shedloads of cash at our expense over the years, so we are very generous in that respect.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:27 - Jan 20 with 2404 viewsSwansea_Blue

History. We do that quite well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:29 - Jan 20 with 2395 viewsPJH

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:27 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

because,unlike some,we do have some history.
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:30 - Jan 20 with 2390 viewsKeno

We have a really good fans online web based fans forum, its excellent

would you like the link for it?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 2387 viewscatch74

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:27 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

MM's got a song for us.

Just because I hadn't heard it for a while and the history bit jogged a memory.

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:35 - Jan 20 with 2374 viewsKeno

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:32 - Jan 20 by catch74

MM's got a song for us.

Just because I hadn't heard it for a while and the history bit jogged a memory.

at the risk of using my credibility when I saw history I thought of

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:38 - Jan 20 with 2355 viewsdirtyboy

What's the FanZone like? Not made it in there yet, but reports were that it's actually not a bad concept?
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:43 - Jan 20 with 2342 viewscatch74

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:35 - Jan 20 by Keno

at the risk of using my credibility when I saw history I thought of

Brave choice.

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 10:07 - Jan 20 with 2320 viewsDeano69

Well, or better than everyone else?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 13:55 - Jan 20 with 2221 viewsThrobbe

Still has a 'proper' town centre ground, not an identikit development miles from anywhere but handy for the bypass. I swear I'll never lose that moment of excitement as you walk down the road to a game and catch that first glimpse of a stand.

Having done a bit of market research for a number of clubs, the staff in Planet Blue stand out too.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 2196 viewsITFC_Forever

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 09:38 - Jan 20 by dirtyboy

What's the FanZone like? Not made it in there yet, but reports were that it's actually not a bad concept?

Good in the summer - not so much fun at this time of year.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 14:05 - Jan 20 with 2196 viewsOxfordTH_1981

It's engagement with families/children is good: cheap tickets (amongst the cheapest in the country I think) for children and a number of open training days etc.

It also paid off Chopra's debts, to save his knees being taken as collateral by the Cardiff loan sharks....
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 14:18 - Jan 20 with 2171 viewsTownly

In the grand scheme of things being an established (and safe again this season) Championship club is no mean attribute.

Blimey there are 92 clubs in the whole of the league (and you can also add in the National Leagues) so we are fairly high up in the hierarchy.

Yes! We would all want us to show more signs of making a challenge for promotion, which possibly means we would jump that next step and become a yo-yo side.

That then 'aint so bad as it's possible to enhance funds and gradually build up a squad of classier players.

Things change very quickly in football. A squad gells, a manager (maybe not McC) has a winning run. A season is a long time in the Championship.

Whilst we remain in the Championship we stand a chance of reaching the promised land.

I've squeezed every last drop of optimism out there. We could be worse off.
What does Ipswich Town FC do well? on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 2155 viewswkj

No one does a Portman Pie as good as Ipswich Town

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024