Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) 11:30 - Jan 20 with 1953 viewsJohnWarksTash

Sitting in my office working with the new Rick Wakeman album in the background. I forgot what an amazing pianist he is....I highly recommend it!
Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 11:53 - Jan 20 with 1915 viewsDeano69

at the Regent on Monday night, part of a variety night

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 1887 viewsGuthrum

Saw him live last year (doing a production of his Tales of King Arthur album, with an orchestra, singers and narrator as well as a huge bank of keyboards). Very good indeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 12:17 - Jan 20 with 1886 viewsRyorry

Cheers for the heads up :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 15:33 - Jan 20 with 1845 viewsfactual_blue

Ta. Added to Spotify playlist. Spookily Spotify had already recommended it for me!

Do you work for Spotify?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 15:42 - Jan 20 with 1836 viewsRadlett_blue

has he reached the centre of the earth yet?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 1816 viewsJohnWarksTash

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 15:33 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Ta. Added to Spotify playlist. Spookily Spotify had already recommended it for me!

Do you work for Spotify?

I wish I did....would love to work in the industry! I have the great pleasure of working for our NHS!
Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 18:12 - Jan 20 with 1776 viewsJohnhoz

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 12:17 - Jan 20 by Ryorry

Cheers for the heads up :)

He was on Danny Baker the other day. Worth a listen.

From 1:04:45

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b087sq9k

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 18:55 - Jan 20 with 1759 viewsazuremerlangus

Great album - not normally my sort of thing but his recent turn on the Simon Mayo show playing Help had me sold instantly. Interesting to hear that John Lennon intended it to be a ballad rather than how it turned out and as Rick mentions during the interview it makes it a very different track. Given that Yesterday featured on the Help album may be it was supposed to be John's answer to it but it ended up being the up-tempo title track instead.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Login to get fewer ads

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 1725 viewsBLUEBEAT

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 15:42 - Jan 20 by Radlett_blue

has he reached the centre of the earth yet?

He was shopping in Bury St Edmunds a couple of weeks ago, so yes.

Poll: W or W

Rick Wakeman's New Album (Piano Portraits) on 20:36 - Jan 20 with 1706 viewsFather_Jack

Just had a listen. Don't want to sound snobby, but he destroys Clair de Lune. And the rest is a bit, well, Richard Clayderman.

I've got Six Wives etc and he's ok when surrounded by about ten keyboards and you can't see him. And he's fine as a grumpy old man.

Bit like me really.

Less is more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024