Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver's bedroom size banner 13:19 - Jan 20 with 3554 viewsartsbossbeard

Looks really good, well done again, Hoppy!

Signed by all the squad plus MM.

Will be dropping it round to Oliver's Dad on Monday.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:19 - Jan 20 with 2970 viewsKieran_Knows

Great work!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:21 - Jan 20 with 2955 viewsTractorWood

Great work.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:22 - Jan 20 with 2948 viewsGlasgowBlue

Brilliant.

Well done ABB, Lucan. Hoppy and anyone else involved.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:23 - Jan 20 with 2936 viewsurbanblue

.... and also well done to you, Lucan and everyone else who made this possible.
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:37 - Jan 20 with 2896 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

Excellent.

That epitomises all that is great and good about ITFC and TWTD.

Well done all involved.
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:47 - Jan 20 with 2855 viewshoppy

Thanks for posting up ABB. Well chuffed for Oliver that they all signed it for him.

The club have been fantastic in helping get this sorted too, don't forget to mention. Behind the scenes, I know Jade Cole has been really helpful liaising with Lord Lucan about Oliver's visit and positioning the banners at the ground, as well as getting it signed, and Ian Milne as well, despite what a lot of people's views are of him, wanted to make sure things were being sorted ok and said to me to let him know if there were any problems at all.

Images were provided by Phil from the TWTD vaults (apart from the one of Bluey, that I had to crop Yasmin's head out of as she was posing with him at the time!) so thanks Phil for sending so many pictures over to select from, as it made the job a lot easier (and not dodgy on the copyright front either).

It's been a great team effort, and will be a privilege to meet Oliver and cheer him on when he finally gets to lead the blues out against Newcastle.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:50 - Jan 20 with 2832 viewsvapour_trail

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:47 - Jan 20 by hoppy

Thanks for posting up ABB. Well chuffed for Oliver that they all signed it for him.

The club have been fantastic in helping get this sorted too, don't forget to mention. Behind the scenes, I know Jade Cole has been really helpful liaising with Lord Lucan about Oliver's visit and positioning the banners at the ground, as well as getting it signed, and Ian Milne as well, despite what a lot of people's views are of him, wanted to make sure things were being sorted ok and said to me to let him know if there were any problems at all.

Images were provided by Phil from the TWTD vaults (apart from the one of Bluey, that I had to crop Yasmin's head out of as she was posing with him at the time!) so thanks Phil for sending so many pictures over to select from, as it made the job a lot easier (and not dodgy on the copyright front either).

It's been a great team effort, and will be a privilege to meet Oliver and cheer him on when he finally gets to lead the blues out against Newcastle.

Nice one hoppy.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 2822 viewsSwailsey

What a lovely thing to him to have, and for the club to have done. Well played all round.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Login to get fewer ads

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 14:03 - Jan 20 with 2783 viewsJohnWarksTash

Brilliant.

Everyone from LL to Jade and everyone in between should feel a real sense of pride.

WELL DONE X
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 14:12 - Jan 20 with 2732 viewsITFC1983

It looks even better than I imagined it would and with the autograph's is truly unique and special for Oliver. So chuffed for him and proud of all involved both here on TWTD but also at the club.

COYB - Do it for Oliver!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 16:21 - Jan 20 with 2624 viewsjeera

Bless him, he'll be chuffed to bits.

Nice one guys.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 17:21 - Jan 20 with 2553 viewshoppy

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 16:21 - Jan 20 by jeera

Bless him, he'll be chuffed to bits.

Nice one guys.

Yeah, when I met up with him, his dad said when I showed him the artwork even before it was signed that Oliver will be completely chuffed with it.

Hope so, but more than that, I hope his treatment he's been having is doing its job and we can see him leading the team out proudly as just another step towards his continued recovery.

What they're doing at the hospital is far more than we can do with a banner, obviously, but what everyone here on TWTD has done, in contributing so much should hopefully go some way to making a real difference for them, and a holiday or something for Oliver to remember for many years to come.

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 20:58 - Jan 20 with 2398 viewsLord_Lucan

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 13:23 - Jan 20 by urbanblue

.... and also well done to you, Lucan and everyone else who made this possible.

Thanks but actually - all we have done is used a bit of our time, which doesn't cost anything , whereas the understated Andrew at ipswch banners has taken it upon himself to go out of his way to help and provide something that has an an actual cost to himself.

Edit. I hope mick used a non permanent pen.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 21:20]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 21:38 - Jan 20 with 2349 viewsjeera

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 17:21 - Jan 20 by hoppy

Yeah, when I met up with him, his dad said when I showed him the artwork even before it was signed that Oliver will be completely chuffed with it.

Hope so, but more than that, I hope his treatment he's been having is doing its job and we can see him leading the team out proudly as just another step towards his continued recovery.

What they're doing at the hospital is far more than we can do with a banner, obviously, but what everyone here on TWTD has done, in contributing so much should hopefully go some way to making a real difference for them, and a holiday or something for Oliver to remember for many years to come.

Then maybe we should consider making an annual thing of raising a few quid for the children's hospital ward so others like our Oliver can benefit.

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 00:09 - Jan 21 with 2270 viewshoppy

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 21:38 - Jan 20 by jeera

Then maybe we should consider making an annual thing of raising a few quid for the children's hospital ward so others like our Oliver can benefit.

Not a bad shout, that.

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 03:25 - Jan 21 with 2210 viewspowinswitch

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 20:58 - Jan 20 by Lord_Lucan

Thanks but actually - all we have done is used a bit of our time, which doesn't cost anything , whereas the understated Andrew at ipswch banners has taken it upon himself to go out of his way to help and provide something that has an an actual cost to himself.

Edit. I hope mick used a non permanent pen.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2017 21:20]

All very well put. Including the humorous edit.
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 06:45 - Jan 21 with 2172 viewsTLA

Great work everyone. It's heartwarming that people have given their time and resources to make this happen.

I really hope to hear that Oliver's treatment goes well and look forward to seeing him lead the team out against Newcastle.
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 09:13 - Jan 21 with 2093 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Superb!!!!

A thought......

Could the artwork be easily changed ?
As this could be used as a great gift -where some of the sale goes to charity?

Maybe the choice of Oliver's parents?
Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:03 - Jan 21 with 2034 viewsBluebell

That really is amazing. I am sure Oliver will love it on his bedroom wall.

Well done to all of you who put so much hard work into organising it. It is easy to donate money but all of you, Andrew from Ipswich Banners, Mick and the players have gone out of your way to do this for a little boy.

I know we all have a moan on here but there are some really lovely, caring people.

I look forward to seeing Oliver walk out at PR later in the season.
Sterling, well done all (n/t) on 11:04 - Jan 21 with 2034 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:23 - Jan 21 with 2013 viewshoppy

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 09:13 - Jan 21 by BtreeBlueBlood

Superb!!!!

A thought......

Could the artwork be easily changed ?
As this could be used as a great gift -where some of the sale goes to charity?

Maybe the choice of Oliver's parents?

I'm not quite sure how you mean, changed?

I had a picture of Oliver, as with all the other players etc, and had to do a cut out around him to place into the artwork, and then adjust the layout to fit the type in, so that was a few hours work to do for the original large banners, and then another hour or so adjusting it to this format, send the artwork over to Ipswich Banners who then printed them, on this occasion, very generously, free of charge, but it's a 1.5m x 1m size banner, which would've cost them to produce as Lucan.mentioned above, despite doing it free for us. The club agreed to us using the badge, given the circumstances, and then Lucan arranged with them to get the players to sign it after it was printed, so there was a fair bit involved to get to what you see there.

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 1983 viewsjeera

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:23 - Jan 21 by hoppy

I'm not quite sure how you mean, changed?

I had a picture of Oliver, as with all the other players etc, and had to do a cut out around him to place into the artwork, and then adjust the layout to fit the type in, so that was a few hours work to do for the original large banners, and then another hour or so adjusting it to this format, send the artwork over to Ipswich Banners who then printed them, on this occasion, very generously, free of charge, but it's a 1.5m x 1m size banner, which would've cost them to produce as Lucan.mentioned above, despite doing it free for us. The club agreed to us using the badge, given the circumstances, and then Lucan arranged with them to get the players to sign it after it was printed, so there was a fair bit involved to get to what you see there.

I'm guessing he means could alternative faces be dropped in there to make the thing a commodity?

Like you say, that could involve all sorts but I think the suggestion was well intended.

I'm not sure I'd want one with your mug on there.

Nor with mine come to think of it.

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:57 - Jan 21 with 1959 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:38 - Jan 21 by jeera

I'm guessing he means could alternative faces be dropped in there to make the thing a commodity?

Like you say, that could involve all sorts but I think the suggestion was well intended.

Yes more on these lines.

The Club maybe ables t help in seeing.

It maybe a non starter though.
Good idea (n/t) on 12:22 - Jan 21 with 1923 viewsDyland

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 21:38 - Jan 20 by jeera

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 1824 viewsLord_Lucan

Oliver's bedroom size banner on 11:38 - Jan 21 by jeera

Can't we just put Mick out on it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024