Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice article phil 14:44 - Jan 20 with 1981 viewswkj

http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/15034607.Phil_Ham_s_Ipswich_Town_column__cup

i really enjoyed the part you echoed Terry Butcher- expecially given the few so-en-sos questioning you of late

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nice article phil on 15:17 - Jan 20 with 1886 viewsPhilTWTD

Cheers. I keep forgetting to get them to put it online so I can retweet etc.
Nice article phil on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 1858 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Barely able to string a single pass together".

Made me chuckle and so very true. They found touch like Woodward's England side in their pomp.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nice article phil on 16:01 - Jan 20 with 1777 viewsWaterfootblue

Nice article phil on 15:17 - Jan 20 by PhilTWTD

Cheers. I keep forgetting to get them to put it online so I can retweet etc.

Very well written article Phil. I have seen some pretty dire FA and League Cup results over the years, and can go back to 1960. This is undoubtedly the worst.
The issue is who would take on the job? obviously there are always managers out of work, usually as they have not achieved the desired results in a results driven industry.
Sir Bobby did not achieve at Fulham, "undoubtedly trying to manage former team mates was not a good starting point". We got lucky with him, he learned quickly even then his start was shaky, but the rest is a glorious history.
It is not for me to tell Mr Evans how to spend his money but I do think he will need to up his game to attract the right person.
I also hope Mick's reign is remembered for his over achieving, he has probably been the architect of his own downfall.
As things stand the job looks to be a poisoned chalice.
Nice article phil on 16:41 - Jan 20 with 1714 viewscarlisleaway

Very well written article Phil and take back what I said on Wednesday morning, think we as supporters were all embarrassed and very angry after that defeat
Nice article phil on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 1650 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice article phil on 16:01 - Jan 20 by Waterfootblue

Very well written article Phil. I have seen some pretty dire FA and League Cup results over the years, and can go back to 1960. This is undoubtedly the worst.
The issue is who would take on the job? obviously there are always managers out of work, usually as they have not achieved the desired results in a results driven industry.
Sir Bobby did not achieve at Fulham, "undoubtedly trying to manage former team mates was not a good starting point". We got lucky with him, he learned quickly even then his start was shaky, but the rest is a glorious history.
It is not for me to tell Mr Evans how to spend his money but I do think he will need to up his game to attract the right person.
I also hope Mick's reign is remembered for his over achieving, he has probably been the architect of his own downfall.

Cheers. Worse than the 10-1? I suppose that was in the top division, to Robson and Fulham coincidentally.

Agree, if Mick does end up going at some point in the not too distance future I hope his time here overall isn't judged too harshly.
Nice article phil on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 1643 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice article phil on 15:22 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

"Barely able to string a single pass together".

Made me chuckle and so very true. They found touch like Woodward's England side in their pomp.

Thanks.
Nice article phil on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 1640 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice article phil on 16:41 - Jan 20 by carlisleaway

Very well written article Phil and take back what I said on Wednesday morning, think we as supporters were all embarrassed and very angry after that defeat

Cheers.
Nice article phil on 17:10 - Jan 20 with 1622 viewsWaterfootblue

Nice article phil on 17:05 - Jan 20 by PhilTWTD

Cheers. Worse than the 10-1? I suppose that was in the top division, to Robson and Fulham coincidentally.

Agree, if Mick does end up going at some point in the not too distance future I hope his time here overall isn't judged too harshly.

Think Roy Bailey was a little more embarrassed, he was our football coach at Ipswich Civic College, as it was then. "How's your back Roy".
Login to get fewer ads

Nice article phil on 09:08 - Jan 21 with 1405 viewsPhilTWTD

Nice article phil on 17:10 - Jan 20 by Waterfootblue

Think Roy Bailey was a little more embarrassed, he was our football coach at Ipswich Civic College, as it was then. "How's your back Roy".

I can imagine the first day back was a little embarrassing. Slightly different world where a recent winner of a top flight championship was coaching a team at a further education college!
Nice article phil on 11:39 - Jan 21 with 1267 viewsWaterfootblue

Nice article phil on 09:08 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

I can imagine the first day back was a little embarrassing. Slightly different world where a recent winner of a top flight championship was coaching a team at a further education college!

Indeed it was Phil, wages have gone a bit off the scale in comparison. I should not think it likely that I will see us win another top flight championship in my life time! But I live in hope that we might just stumble across another Sir Alf or Sir Bobby, it is a funny old game.
Nice article phil on 12:17 - Jan 21 with 1213 viewsBeattiesBeerGut

Nice article phil on 11:39 - Jan 21 by Waterfootblue

Indeed it was Phil, wages have gone a bit off the scale in comparison. I should not think it likely that I will see us win another top flight championship in my life time! But I live in hope that we might just stumble across another Sir Alf or Sir Bobby, it is a funny old game.

A second flight championship or even a Wembley play off, done in style, would do me, but seems a long way off.
I respect what Mick did to make as tougher to beat when he first arrived, although it has always been awful as a spectacle in my book, but ultimately the over reliance in Murphy has come home to roost.
I would imagine even Evans know it is time for a change now, it's just a question of when he pulls the trigger.
Nice article phil on 12:36 - Jan 21 with 1150 viewsDyland

Nice article phil on 16:01 - Jan 20 by Waterfootblue

This is the thing that makes the Lincoln game all the more galling. McCarthy's time here should be remembered favourably rather than too negatively. But he will be remembered especially for this result. In itself that's just a footnote in FA Cup history, but we all know the bigger issue by far is the manner of the defeat because that performance, especially coming after the positive signs seen against Blackburn, was beyond unacceptable.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Nice article phil on 12:39 - Jan 21 with 1123 viewsWaterfootblue

Nice article phil on 12:17 - Jan 21 by BeattiesBeerGut

A second flight championship or even a Wembley play off, done in style, would do me, but seems a long way off.
I respect what Mick did to make as tougher to beat when he first arrived, although it has always been awful as a spectacle in my book, but ultimately the over reliance in Murphy has come home to roost.
I would imagine even Evans know it is time for a change now, it's just a question of when he pulls the trigger.

Yes just one more trophy I keep hoping, as you say with a bit of style.
Guess you get away with setting up not to lose when nicking wins, but when those narrow wins turn to defeats it's game over.
As I have previously said it just worries me who would want the job, Evans appointments have not proved very successful to say the least. Also will the crowd give a new man time? all seems a bit of a mess at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024