Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser 16:25 - Jan 20 with 3623 viewshochiblue

Interesting interview with Ryan Fraser. Especially the bit about Howe's opinion on what to do when you're given the ball in the 90th minute and its 0 - 0.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/bournemouth-ryan-fraser-eddie-h
Fraser on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 3545 viewsJosebadleg

Interesting quote here 'He was full of confidence after his season-long loan at Ipswich but needed an early reminder that Bournemouth’s style of play was a bit more refined. “I remember the first day I hit a shot from 30 yards and the gaffer was like: ‘What are you doing? We don’t do that here!’”'

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Fraser on 16:32 - Jan 20 with 3486 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fraser on 16:30 - Jan 20 by Josebadleg

Interesting quote here 'He was full of confidence after his season-long loan at Ipswich but needed an early reminder that Bournemouth’s style of play was a bit more refined. “I remember the first day I hit a shot from 30 yards and the gaffer was like: ‘What are you doing? We don’t do that here!’”'

This passing malarkey will never catch on.

Good read that

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fraser on 16:34 - Jan 20 with 3477 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Fraser on 16:30 - Jan 20 by Josebadleg

Another snippet that shows the contrast in his time here to what he is being asked (allowed) to do at bournemouth..

“I got on for one minute and there was one time I could have run at Danny Rose. I got the ball and passed it backwards at 0-0, 90th minute. The manager said: ‘What is your thought process?’ I said: ‘It’s 0-0, the lads have worked hard and I don’t want him to tackle me, they go up the pitch and score’.

“The manager said: ‘Why not think about going past him, getting a cross in and an assist to win the game? Or shoot and score?’ I was like: ‘All right, yes.’ My mindset was not as positive as his and that has changed now"
Fraser on 16:35 - Jan 20 with 3441 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Good read that

I wish him well

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fraser on 16:39 - Jan 20 with 3393 viewsSwailsey

Very telling.

All the best to Ryan, was great here.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Fraser on 16:44 - Jan 20 with 3341 viewstheipswichman

Fraser on 16:34 - Jan 20 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Another snippet that shows the contrast in his time here to what he is being asked (allowed) to do at bournemouth..

“I got on for one minute and there was one time I could have run at Danny Rose. I got the ball and passed it backwards at 0-0, 90th minute. The manager said: ‘What is your thought process?’ I said: ‘It’s 0-0, the lads have worked hard and I don’t want him to tackle me, they go up the pitch and score’.

“The manager said: ‘Why not think about going past him, getting a cross in and an assist to win the game? Or shoot and score?’ I was like: ‘All right, yes.’ My mindset was not as positive as his and that has changed now"

To be fair Fraser was definitely allowed to express himself here, he ran at players most games. The same with Lawrence who we also see running at defenders constantly.
Fraser on 17:10 - Jan 20 with 3170 viewsStenvict

There are a lot of similarities between myself and Ryan.

I was born in Aberdeen, I'm small, and I love a Domino's and Ice Cream.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Fraser on 17:55 - Jan 20 with 2991 viewsTractorWood

Risk reward. Apart from QPR when we took no risk and got no reward.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Fraser on 18:21 - Jan 20 with 2875 viewsoldbluestu

Maybe that's why Bournemouth keep conceeding 3 goals in every game ?
Fraser on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 2561 viewsCoco

Fraser on 18:21 - Jan 20 by oldbluestu

ENTERTAINING

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Fraser on 23:46 - Jan 20 with 2292 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Fraser on 18:21 - Jan 20 by oldbluestu

It's definitely why they got promoted in a canter and are looking safe enough this year.

BOT

Fraser on 23:52 - Jan 20 with 2276 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fraser on 20:23 - Jan 20 by Coco

ENTERTAINING

But yet our 3-2 wins against Wigan and Blackburn were simply seen as scraping through with lots of sh1t defending and loads of luckyness by the masses on here..

Fraser on 23:59 - Jan 20 with 2253 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Fraser on 23:52 - Jan 20 by The_Romford_Blue

But yet our 3-2 wins against Wigan and Blackburn were simply seen as scraping through with lots of sh1t defending and loads of luckyness by the masses on here..

On balance, along with the other poor results and dire style of football, it's because that's what they were, scraping through. They weren't making chance after chance in those games or slicing teams open.

Remember, you are talking about Bournemouth who are mixing it at the top table. The circumstances are slightly different.

BOT

Fraser on 00:07 - Jan 21 with 2225 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fraser on 23:59 - Jan 20 by BorisOrTrevor

On balance, along with the other poor results and dire style of football, it's because that's what they were, scraping through. They weren't making chance after chance in those games or slicing teams open.

Remember, you are talking about Bournemouth who are mixing it at the top table. The circumstances are slightly different.

In the Blackburn game, they had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals.

We had multiple shots on target

QPR we had loads of chances, played some great football but lost. Many on here said they'd be done with losses if we played with flair and make chances. Which we did.

Fraser on 00:11 - Jan 21 with 2215 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Fraser on 00:07 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

In the Blackburn game, they had 3 shots on target and scored 2 goals.

We had multiple shots on target

QPR we had loads of chances, played some great football but lost. Many on here said they'd be done with losses if we played with flair and make chances. Which we did.

We are never going to agree, I can't stand Mick McCarthys style of play although am grateful for what he did. The game has passed him by, the ideas he has are 15 years, minimum, out of date and are of the Graham Taylor era. He cannot set up a team to attack now, without being leaky.

BOT

Fraser on 00:14 - Jan 21 with 2202 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fraser on 00:11 - Jan 21 by BorisOrTrevor

We are never going to agree, I can't stand Mick McCarthys style of play although am grateful for what he did. The game has passed him by, the ideas he has are 15 years, minimum, out of date and are of the Graham Taylor era. He cannot set up a team to attack now, without being leaky.

The thing is, in my opinion, the style of play is much better now in this last 2/3/4 months

Fraser on 00:18 - Jan 21 with 2192 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Fraser on 00:14 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

The thing is, in my opinion, the style of play is much better now in this last 2/3/4 months

Better yes, but only relative to where it was, we now leak goals. And this is with Mr 10m defender in there. He can't set up a balanced team it seems.

BOT

Fraser on 00:22 - Jan 21 with 2178 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Fraser on 00:18 - Jan 21 by BorisOrTrevor

Better yes, but only relative to where it was, we now leak goals. And this is with Mr 10m defender in there. He can't set up a balanced team it seems.

With the players we have fit and available, there's not much he can do player wise.

That's why I blame Evans. Micks targets never get through the door unless they are relatively cheap.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024