Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My Veganuary update 20:17 - Jan 20 with 3307 viewsunbelievablue

1. I'm enjoying it.
2. Dairy is harder to give up than meat.
3. Hangovers are hard as a vegan.
4. I feel fresh as a daisy.
5. I've lost half a stone.
6. People are annoyingly judgmental.
7. I'll definitely be cutting down on my meat intake after this.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

My Veganuary update on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 2359 viewsJ2BLUE

Lies, you've been ill in bed all months which is why we haven't heard from you. You finally cracked and had a steak and now you feel well enough to post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My Veganuary update on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 2351 viewsunbelievablue

My Veganuary update on 20:21 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Lies, you've been ill in bed all months which is why we haven't heard from you. You finally cracked and had a steak and now you feel well enough to post.

Ha, I think a steak would kill me - I've been informed that eating meat after a month of not eating meat can, let's say, 'play havoc'.

My Veganuary update on 23:28 - Jan 20 with 2269 viewsipswich78

My Veganuary update on 20:23 - Jan 20 by unbelievablue

Ha, I think a steak would kill me - I've been informed that eating meat after a month of not eating meat can, let's say, 'play havoc'.

That's all part of the conspiracy. 'They' tell you that to scare you...

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

My Veganuary update on 23:57 - Jan 20 with 2238 viewstampa_bay

Glad you're enjoying it. Are you considering participating in Vegruary, Vegarch and Vegpril too?
My Veganuary update on 05:11 - Jan 21 with 2162 viewstaximan

"can she eat wafer thin ham barbara"
My Veganuary update on 05:38 - Jan 21 with 2148 viewsBenters

Funny thing is my Grandparents grew their own veg,killed their own chickens,ate what they wanted,drank Ale,my Grandfather died in a pub,i would love to do that.

But my Grandparents both lived to their 90's.

What im getting at is we are supposed to eat certain stuff,i dont believe in all this Veggie bolox.

The veggies i know are sickly fks.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 5:50]

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

My Veganuary update on 05:47 - Jan 21 with 2146 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My Veganuary update on 05:38 - Jan 21 by Benters

Funny thing is my Grandparents grew their own veg,killed their own chickens,ate what they wanted,drank Ale,my Grandfather died in a pub,i would love to do that.

What im getting at is we are supposed to eat certain stuff,i dont believe in all this Veggie bolox.

I can understand it but I wouldn't do it myself

I love a roast dinner and a sausage sandwich too much buh

Veganism would be impossible for me as I put cheese on everything

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

My Veganuary update on 05:52 - Jan 21 with 2139 viewsBenters

My Veganuary update on 05:47 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

I can understand it but I wouldn't do it myself

I love a roast dinner and a sausage sandwich too much buh

Veganism would be impossible for me as I put cheese on everything

We are supposed to eat meat .

Yeah i love a roast too Rommy.

Christ on a bike they dont eat cheese either ?? Id rather be dead !

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

My Veganuary update on 06:07 - Jan 21 with 2137 viewsTLA

My Veganuary update on 05:38 - Jan 21 by Benters

I guess it's each to their own Benters.

I'm veggie and am very far from being sickly!

My parents were very much like your grandparents and I guess I have respect for people that rear and prepare their own meat and grow their own veg.

I'm veggie for my own reasons and never preach - I'd love it if all meat, dairy and veg were much more organic, like you describe. The mass production is where cruelty comes but I know that won't change so I only focus on what I can do and feel comfortable with.
My Veganuary update on 06:08 - Jan 21 with 2135 viewsTLA

My Veganuary update on 05:11 - Jan 21 by taximan

"can she eat wafer thin ham barbara"

An absolute comedy classic line that!
My Veganuary update on 06:34 - Jan 21 with 2121 viewsBenters

My Veganuary update on 06:08 - Jan 21 by TLA

An absolute comedy classic line that!

What is that from?

Gentlybentley

My Veganuary update on 06:39 - Jan 21 with 2112 viewsTLA

My Veganuary update on 06:34 - Jan 21 by Benters

What is that from?

The Royle Family - it's when Anthony brings home a veggie girlfriend and Nana asks if she can eat wafer thin ham. I think when she's introduced as a veggie, Nana says 'what a shame for her'!
My Veganuary update on 06:42 - Jan 21 with 2102 viewsBenters

My Veganuary update on 06:39 - Jan 21 by TLA

The Royle Family - it's when Anthony brings home a veggie girlfriend and Nana asks if she can eat wafer thin ham. I think when she's introduced as a veggie, Nana says 'what a shame for her'!

Ha !

Gentlybentley

My Veganuary update on 07:13 - Jan 21 with 2073 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My Veganuary update on 05:52 - Jan 21 by Benters

We are supposed to eat meat .

Yeah i love a roast too Rommy.

Christ on a bike they dont eat cheese either ?? Id rather be dead !

Naa vegans don't as cheese comes from cows or goats (i think)

My Veganuary update on 07:24 - Jan 21 with 2058 viewsBenters

My Veganuary update on 07:13 - Jan 21 by The_Romford_Blue

God help us Rommy.

Gentlybentley

My Veganuary update on 07:40 - Jan 21 with 2040 viewsRozz

My Veganuary update on 06:07 - Jan 21 by TLA

I guess it's each to their own Benters.

I'm veggie and am very far from being sickly!

My parents were very much like your grandparents and I guess I have respect for people that rear and prepare their own meat and grow their own veg.

I'm veggie for my own reasons and never preach - I'd love it if all meat, dairy and veg were much more organic, like you describe. The mass production is where cruelty comes but I know that won't change so I only focus on what I can do and feel comfortable with.

This mirrors my own reasoning - animals eat animals, but no other species is capable of the scale of cruelty inherent in the cash driven mass production of meat. I'd love to give up eggs / dairy too, but I'm not there yet.

Learning to cook without meat has been one of the most rewarding aspects IMO, and just learning that meat is not the be all and end all of every meal. Arguably eat tastier home cooked food now than I did before.

It's very frustrating talking as a vegetarian that remembers meat to a meat eater... Yes, I'm aware it's f*cking delicious. Often have to downplay my reasoning, which is a bit of a shame really.
My Veganuary update on 07:42 - Jan 21 with 2037 viewsRozz

My Veganuary update on 07:24 - Jan 21 by Benters

God help us Rommy.

Veggies can't eat proper Parmesan or Gorgonzola, either. Apparently ale is made with some kind of enzyme extracted from fish but I choose to have conveniently left that out of my research as a vegetarian.
My Veganuary update on 08:02 - Jan 21 with 2013 viewsTLA

My Veganuary update on 07:40 - Jan 21 by Rozz

This mirrors my own reasoning - animals eat animals, but no other species is capable of the scale of cruelty inherent in the cash driven mass production of meat. I'd love to give up eggs / dairy too, but I'm not there yet.

Learning to cook without meat has been one of the most rewarding aspects IMO, and just learning that meat is not the be all and end all of every meal. Arguably eat tastier home cooked food now than I did before.

It's very frustrating talking as a vegetarian that remembers meat to a meat eater... Yes, I'm aware it's f*cking delicious. Often have to downplay my reasoning, which is a bit of a shame really.

I certainly learned a great deal about cooking when I gave up meat and became much more creative.

I also remember that meat can taste and smell delicious but can enjoy food immensely without it so it's no great struggle. Sometimes eating out is more difficult but I accept that it's my choice.

I've cut down hugely on eggs and try to get them from good sources (my wife's friend sometimes has some from her chickens so we know exactly how they're treated). I've also cut down on milk and quite like almond, coconut and soya. Cheese, of course is a different matter.

Isn't the ale and fish thing something to do with fish derivatives being used to line casks? I think I've heard something about that? I'm not vegan and probably never will be but I'm comfortable being veggie and replacing other products when I can.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 8:31]
My Veganuary update on 08:08 - Jan 21 with 2000 viewsBenters

My Veganuary update on 07:42 - Jan 21 by Rozz

Veggies can't eat proper Parmesan or Gorgonzola, either. Apparently ale is made with some kind of enzyme extracted from fish but I choose to have conveniently left that out of my research as a vegetarian.

......and guess what we all end up dead !

Do what like as long as you enjoy it.

Can they eat Peanut butter ?

If you are after any advice about eggs ask J2 ...

Gentlybentley

My Veganuary update on 08:08 - Jan 21 with 2003 viewstiptreeblue

poor animals, that must hurt. surely it would be better to take milk from them and make cheese from that?
My Veganuary update on 08:18 - Jan 21 with 1988 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

My Veganuary update on 08:08 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

poor animals, that must hurt. surely it would be better to take milk from them and make cheese from that?

Oh yeah that sounds about right

My Veganuary update on 08:19 - Jan 21 with 1983 viewsRozz

My Veganuary update on 08:02 - Jan 21 by TLA

I certainly learned a great deal about cooking when I gave up meat and became much more creative.

I also remember that meat can taste and smell delicious but can enjoy food immensely without it so it's no great struggle. Sometimes eating out is more difficult but I accept that it's my choice.

I've cut down hugely on eggs and try to get them from good sources (my wife's friend sometimes has some from her chickens so we know exactly how they're treated). I've also cut down on milk and quite like almond, coconut and soya. Cheese, of course is a different matter.

Isn't the ale and fish thing something to do with fish derivatives being used to line casks? I think I've heard something about that? I'm not vegan and probably never will be but I'm comfortable being veggie and replacing other products when I can.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 8:31]

Eating out I've gotten used to over the last year or so, but it is admittedly much easier having moved to London. I'm always thoroughly depressed by the selection of vegetarian lunch on the go type options though, when I need to grab something cheap / quick. 1-2 options of prepackaged misery.

Sounds good, I'd go along with the same principals of knowing where your food comes from. I don't buy eggs or milk at all any more, but it's much harder to find & exclude them from the products I do buy. Checking every label on the way round Tesco is a colossal pain in the arse, and I still eat cheese so I'm not ready to invest the time.
My Veganuary update on 08:48 - Jan 21 with 1944 viewsStokieBlue

Glad it's working for you, everyone should do what they like without fear of people being judgemental.

I do worry about people who buy into "eat yourself healthier/clean eating" though (not saying that is you). This documentary was decent (at least the first half, the alkaline loon bit went downhill).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08bhd29

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

My Veganuary update on 09:05 - Jan 21 with 1907 viewsunbelievablue

My Veganuary update on 08:48 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

Glad it's working for you, everyone should do what they like without fear of people being judgemental.

I do worry about people who buy into "eat yourself healthier/clean eating" though (not saying that is you). This documentary was decent (at least the first half, the alkaline loon bit went downhill).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08bhd29

SB

It can become an obsession for people, that's for sure.

My Veganuary update on 09:07 - Jan 21 with 1901 viewsunbelievablue

I assume the 'I think' is a windup.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024