Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thoughts 20:47 - Jan 21 with 4080 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Downbeat and deflated albeit not surprised. The most appropriate summary of the game is : same old, same old. Fully expected that kind of performance given the apathy and can't be arsed attitude that surrounds this club.
You would have expected a manager of your club to instill a bit of motivation into the team given what happened on Tuesday. 'Come on lads, lets do something for the fans, cheer them up'. Did it happen today? No. Not even dab of that. Huddersfield goalkeeper Ward wasn't tested properly during whole match.

A kind of 'good' news prior to the game as we had found out that their main midfielder Aaron Mooy wasn't going to play. But it turned out to be not important at all as they had the game under control from first to final whistle.

Bit of joking after 3 minutes following free-kick from Lawrence. Even though it wouldn't trouble their goalie Ward at all we still joked it already was better than Tuesday.

Huddersfield started slowly but we offered nothing upfront. Once again midfield turned out to be the main issue. Skuse, Bru, Dozzell.

Skuse.... his fabulous Skusey and he'll keep saying that he's a Premier League player as will some hilarious 'experts' here. Oh and if you slate Skuse that you don't understand his role in the team. Honestly these 'experts' need their head checking. To put it nicely he was fookin sh1t. Absolute garbage and waste of space as he very often is. The only thing which he 'didn't do wrong' was his sideways and backward passes. No service whatsoever towards the strikers and nothing really in terms of his defensive duties. Slower than any Huddersfield midfielder, chasing shadows. But he knows he'll be in the team next week. He won't fight for his place. He knows he'll be pampered by McCarthy.
Skuse perfectly exemplifies what is wrong with midfield and this team in general. Doesn't care. Slow, dead slow and .... very comfortable.

Bru.....countless poor passes. Zero distribution. Another waste of place.

Dozzell..... though anonymous today I can hardly be critical of him. He needs to have good players in midfield around him not that garbage we have.

Huddersfield did fortify their dominance as the game grew. Couple of headers from Digby's side of defence where their forwards remained unmarked.
The manner in which we conceded first goal epitomised us perfectly. Brown ran with the ball unchallenged by 4-5 Ipswich useless spectators that stood and watched him. No-one was bothered to challenge or tackle him. Simple shot from 20 yards. Easy goal.

Half time substitution Douglas for Dozzell didn't make any difference at all. Huddersfield well on top whereas we were so dire. Very painful and very sad to watch.
After their second goal they took foot of the gas allowing us to get forward. Yes we were a bit quicker however completely devoid of any ideas how to create a serious opportunity let alone come back to the game. We could have played until midnight and we still wouldn't have scored. Huddersfield despite slowing down were more threatening in terms of goalscoring opportunities.

Lawrence perhaps not as brilliant as in the recent weeks but in fairness to him he was isolated with his efforts. No support whatsoever.
Bru's pointless cross on 65 minute underlined our bleakness too. A cross into their box where there was none Ipswich players.

Spence who himself hadn't played for a few months was still a stand-out player for us and that also tells a lot about the rest of this team. Lovely pass across the pitch towards Sears in Steven Gerrard's style caught the eye as did his chance in the second half where he was 'enforced' to launch a shot after breaking down the right. Enforced as there was no support in the box and his shot went past the far post.
Stand-out player so McCarthy 'had to replace' him. Typical !

The lack of attacking ability and ideas was frightening albeit not surprising at all given McCarthy's 'philosophy'. Any kind of flair and ability is being taken out of these players.

The lack of passion is unacceptable though. No-one cares about the club. Evans issues much vagued 5 points plan, Milne comes out with stupid statements most recently after the Lincoln debacle. McCarthy remains stubborn and doesn't intend to change anything to appease our disgruntled fanbase nor does he seem to motivate his gutless bunch. It's the fans only who care about Ipswich Town.

What's next? Nothing, literally nothing is going to change for the next 15 weeks until the end of season. Painful chore to watch, 3-4 wins along the way to keep some of people smiled.

Huddersfield..... decent team playing the kind of football I'd like us to play that is attacking and keeping an opposition under control and on the back foot. Remember that place from my previous visits and it's a huge difference today. Big, noisy crowd. The place where their chairman and board don't treat fans like idiots and that is a different world to Ipswich Town nowadays. Maybe one day for us in the future under the board that will want us to be successful.

Oh and Cole Skuse please fook off and produce your 'goods' for the different club ! That applies for Kevin Bru too !
Match thoughts on 21:03 - Jan 21 with 3975 viewsJohnhoz

Some good detail in there mate, but your first 6 words say it all !!

See you next week (Why oh why)

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Match thoughts on 21:59 - Jan 21 with 3855 viewsRadlett_blue

A good post, but I don't think Mick can be criticised for replacing Spence as he can't be anywhere near match fit, especially to play wing back for 90 minutes.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Match thoughts on 22:21 - Jan 21 with 3754 viewsFixed_It

I know you don't like him - but Skuse was immense last Saturday!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Match thoughts on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 3722 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 22:21 - Jan 21 by Fixed_It

I know you don't like him - but Skuse was immense last Saturday!

Yes he's had a few good games too. Wolves away last August springs to my mind.

But people don't realise that he often is so useless and that has been the case today.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 22:50]
Match thoughts on 22:44 - Jan 21 with 3655 viewsPlums

Match thoughts on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

But people don't realise that he often is so useless and that has been the case today.

He was very poor against Lincoln. Couldn't wait to get rid of the ball and invariably passed it sideways or backwards. Three times I saw him pass a ball and fail to run past the opponent to receive a simple return ball to take us up the field. Simply not good enough.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Match thoughts on 22:53 - Jan 21 with 3608 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 22:44 - Jan 21 by Plums

He was very poor against Lincoln. Couldn't wait to get rid of the ball and invariably passed it sideways or backwards. Three times I saw him pass a ball and fail to run past the opponent to receive a simple return ball to take us up the field. Simply not good enough.

He had been shocking against Lincoln. So many people rate him but even non-league players were better than him.

Moreover even much maligned and scapegoated Douglas never hid on Tuesday and put a few tackles.
Match thoughts on 23:36 - Jan 21 with 3513 viewsLankHenners

Match thoughts on 22:29 - Jan 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

He's not "often so useless". Like a helluva lot of our players he could do more in the position he's in but he's a fine defensive midfielder. The stats for this season show he's above average in his position in this league.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Match thoughts on 23:43 - Jan 21 with 3458 viewsRocky

Match thoughts on 23:36 - Jan 21 by LankHenners

He's not "often so useless". Like a helluva lot of our players he could do more in the position he's in but he's a fine defensive midfielder. The stats for this season show he's above average in his position in this league.

He could be so much more effective if his midfield partners were a tad creative
Login to get fewer ads

Match thoughtsting player for me on 23:57 - Jan 21 with 3397 viewsStNeotsBlue

Stats are generally meaningless in football. He's an advanced centre back, which is not what we need at the moment. Horribly frustating player for me, always take the easy option and never looks to hurt the opposition.

His stats for this season, and the last couple, back this up. He like other senior players at the club need to up their game.
Match thoughtsting player for me on 00:03 - Jan 22 with 3361 viewsLankHenners

Match thoughtsting player for me on 23:57 - Jan 21 by StNeotsBlue

Stats are generally meaningless in football. He's an advanced centre back, which is not what we need at the moment. Horribly frustating player for me, always take the easy option and never looks to hurt the opposition.

His stats for this season, and the last couple, back this up. He like other senior players at the club need to up their game.

So when I've used stats, it doesn't count, but when you do to fit them to your agenda, they suddenly do?

As an aside, not his fault the players around him aren't doing the creative stuff. Just think about what you're saying when you're complaining that a CDM isn't creating chances/making multiple incisive passes forwards.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Match thoughtsting player for me on 00:33 - Jan 22 with 3259 viewsStNeotsBlue

Match thoughtsting player for me on 00:03 - Jan 22 by LankHenners

So when I've used stats, it doesn't count, but when you do to fit them to your agenda, they suddenly do?

As an aside, not his fault the players around him aren't doing the creative stuff. Just think about what you're saying when you're complaining that a CDM isn't creating chances/making multiple incisive passes forwards.

I was being facetious. The only stat that matters is the final score. My problem is we're now playing with a back 5, it isn't the 3-5-2 formation that is advertised it's more of a 5-1-2-1-1 which isn't going to win us many games.
Match thoughts on 00:57 - Jan 22 with 3194 viewsmadmouse1959

Match thoughts on 23:43 - Jan 21 by Rocky

He could be so much more effective if his midfield partners were a tad creative

Just an easy shift, 90 odd minutes of the odd tackle and a sideways pass without doing anything to worry the opposition. The easiest win Huddersfield could wish for. Two shots on target and three corners is all we have managed. The same kind of effort at non league Lincoln. Was that the reaction McCarthy was looking for ? How do we have so many players out injured when we do nothing for 90 minutes ? It must be embarrassing to pick up those wages for these kind of performances. It is the players who should be able to muster some sort of fight on the pitch and attack teams. But it is the clueless McCarthy setting us up to defend all the bloody time. 8 players out and 8 better players in !!!!!

shampoo dave

Match thoughts on 05:08 - Jan 22 with 3014 viewsBenters

A good honest report Mach .

What happens next do we just trudge along until the summer and MM has a think about his future that kind of thing ?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Match thoughts on 07:22 - Jan 22 with 2932 viewsbrogansnose

Thanks Mach. I can remember running up the steps at Hudds last season and going mental with you and your lad after the match when we virtually robbed them.

Its not the getting beat that bothers me, its the nature of these defeats.
Match thoughts on 07:34 - Jan 22 with 2906 viewsBlueAllOver

Agree with little of that, but maybe because I didn't go with a downbeat negative attitude like a fair number of our fans yesterday.

Like Chambers says in the after match interview, we actually played better this year and lost than last year when we robbed them. Still don't let the facts get in the ways of anti Mick feeling. (Btw, yes I was at both games)

Dozzell had a poor half and was rightly subbed, Spence was really promising but being his first game in a while, again correct to take him off. Douglas for all his faults was closest to scoring on two occasions, maybe if he hadn't been drained of confidence could finished those two opportunities.

One move in the second half from the back involved 15-20 passes and nearly resulted in a goal, but still we got the dino chants and your "football is sh1t." Generally tried to pass it around.

Why so called fans go all that way to be negative throughout is staggering.

Considering all the injuries and lack of resources, personally thought it was not a bad away performance to a top 6 side , looking forward to Preston. COYB!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 7:37]
Match thoughts on 09:13 - Jan 22 with 2724 viewsRadlett_blue

According to Mick, the stats also show that Douglas is our most energetic player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Match thoughts on 09:34 - Jan 22 with 2677 viewsBenters

Match thoughts on 09:13 - Jan 22 by Radlett_blue

According to Mick, the stats also show that Douglas is our most energetic player.

He did score against Norwich though,and that was wrongly disallowed !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Match thoughts on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 2494 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Match thoughts on 07:22 - Jan 22 by brogansnose

Thanks Mach. I can remember running up the steps at Hudds last season and going mental with you and your lad after the match when we virtually robbed them.

Its not the getting beat that bothers me, its the nature of these defeats.

Spot on Brogs ! The nature of Huddersfields first goal yesterday in particular.

There wasn't even a dab of chance to rob them again as we were devoid of ideas how to hurt the opposition.
Match thoughts on 13:01 - Jan 22 with 2439 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Skuse is overrated. He certainly suffers alongside the like of Douglas, Bru and Dozzell who aren't quite good enough to cut it week in week out at this level.

If he played behind two, technically gifted, dynamic central midfielders then he would be super effective. As he does shield the back 4 well.

In truth, i actually think Hyam will replace him over the next 6 months or so. Skuse seems to have lost his passing ability and he looks jaded (which is understandable, given his Matt Holland level of consistency in terms of playing games). I think our midfield would actually be improved with the aggressive, stamina and work rate of Hyam. Next season, i could quite easily envisage that we will play a midfield three of Bishop, Hyam and Dozzell which might be quite effective if Dozzell fills out and Bishop rediscovers his early promise.
Match thoughts on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 2286 viewsPilgrimblue

Excellent report.

For me Skuse is nowhere near as good as he was at Bristol and while he does have the odd good game, he's had poor season. Maybe we've got Dougy all wrong and he'd be better without Skuse but together they're the worst pairing for long time.
Also disappointed with Bru, he tries and sometimes it works but not lasting 60 mins is a worry.
We're missing Mcg Bish and JW big time but when you think about it MM didn't use JW for some time even though he was fit!
I'd loan Dozzell out asap as he needs more experience at lower level, maybe he'll never be as good as his dad!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024