Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had derby not ballsed up 21:16 - Jan 21 with 4758 viewstextbackup

And we finished 7th I wonder if he'd be held so highly by some people? Because losing and playing as bad as we did vs Blackburn in a must win game sums his time up here for me

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:20 - Jan 21 with 3889 viewsthebooks

[Shrugs] He got us to the play offs over a 46 match season. He also turned us round when we were heading to relegation and made us a competent team again. On the whole, he´s done a great job. But he he´s reached the end of the line with this squad.
Had derby not ballsed up on 21:25 - Jan 21 with 3860 viewsJ2BLUE

I think some of the more rabid outers are trying to rewrite history because they are so frustrated with current events. I argued the other day we scraped 6th by the skin of our teeth and were lucky which I stand by but he did an amazing job to save us in his first season and regardless of how he did it he got us top 6 so I hope he goes with our good will.

Really he has paid for the mistakes of Keane and Jewell. He deserved better from Evans. Not that he is blameless of course, he has a lot of faults.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:28 - Jan 21 with 3838 viewstextbackup

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:25 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

I think some of the more rabid outers are trying to rewrite history because they are so frustrated with current events. I argued the other day we scraped 6th by the skin of our teeth and were lucky which I stand by but he did an amazing job to save us in his first season and regardless of how he did it he got us top 6 so I hope he goes with our good will.

Really he has paid for the mistakes of Keane and Jewell. He deserved better from Evans. Not that he is blameless of course, he has a lot of faults.

It was the skin of teeth stuff, no two ways about it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:29 - Jan 21 with 3819 viewsSitfcB

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:28 - Jan 21 by textbackup

...and even then it was effectively a f'ck up 'cos we were 2nd at Christmas, two points off top.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:31 - Jan 21 with 3805 viewsthebooks

Yes, it was, but given the resources he had ¨skin of the teeth¨ play offs over a season is still impressive.

I think he should go, but he did a grand job.
Had derby not ballsed up on 21:32 - Jan 21 with 3795 viewsgt81

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:29 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

...and even then it was effectively a f'ck up 'cos we were 2nd at Christmas, two points off top.

Was that the year we beat Charlton 3-0 at home?

Went with my sister's partner who is a Gooner, and he wasn't all that impressed, and neither was I, despite the scoreline making that game look more comfortable than it was.
Had derby not ballsed up on 22:48 - Jan 21 with 3661 viewsTractorWood

It was a much needed nose bleed up the table. We were quality in the first part of that season, a high point was Brentford away when we played them off the park to briefly go top on Boxing day. After that our form fizzled slightly to stumble into the playoffs.

It was a decent season given the financial model and by comparison to recent years. In reality though we didn't achieve anything and at no point did show any serious evidence that we might go up. The amount of fans I talk to who's only frame of reference for us a side is 'playoffs!'

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Had derby not ballsed up on 22:59 - Jan 21 with 3626 viewspointofblue

It was nice getting into the Play Offs by the skin of our teeth rather than avoiding the bottom three by the same margin. Mick managed that whereas Keane and Jewell got nowhere near. Even two 7th places in a row should have given him some respect from the fanbase for his efforts here.

Whether the transfer window of January 2015 was his choice or Evans' not to strengthen the squad, that's where we fell apart. We've never properly recovered.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Had derby not ballsed up on 23:47 - Jan 21 with 3555 viewsMVBlue

We made the playoffs on merit with Murphy on fire. If Berra hadn't been sent off V Norwich then penalties would have been most likely outcome. Won those then we would have faced a Middlesborough who turned up 20 minutes before kick off and Norwich won straight forward, would have been us. We'd have been in for a £70million windfall and could've kicked on.

Instead Berra got sent off and we've gone South. Gone sour.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 23:49]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:09 - Jan 22 with 3332 viewsJ2BLUE

Had derby not ballsed up on 23:47 - Jan 21 by MVBlue

We made the playoffs on merit with Murphy on fire. If Berra hadn't been sent off V Norwich then penalties would have been most likely outcome. Won those then we would have faced a Middlesborough who turned up 20 minutes before kick off and Norwich won straight forward, would have been us. We'd have been in for a £70million windfall and could've kicked on.

Instead Berra got sent off and we've gone South. Gone sour.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2017 23:49]

I assume Berra got sent off because that was the only body part he could put between the ball and the goal. If he hadn't have been sent off we'd have been 1-0 down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:12 - Jan 22 with 3307 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:09 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

I assume Berra got sent off because that was the only body part he could put between the ball and the goal. If he hadn't have been sent off we'd have been 1-0 down.

But we might have come back as we had done a fair few times that year when conceding first

Either way, a massive overachievement even getting that far

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:15 - Jan 22 with 3301 viewsjeera

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:09 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

As you say, the deficit would have still been there.

You could argue at least we'd still have the full 11 though.

But the guy didn't have time to think did he? It was just reaction and sh1t happens.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:19 - Jan 22 with 3282 viewsjas0999

We were really poor from mid January onwards. Yet again not helped by the owners lack of investment in the playing squad. I still to this day feel that a couple of million pound quality additions would have made all the difference.considering the circumstances MM did a brilliant job that season and it shouldn't be taken away from him. Evans less so.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 18:21]
Had derby not ballsed up on 18:22 - Jan 22 with 3261 viewstaximan

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:19 - Jan 22 by jas0999

We were really poor from mid January onwards. Yet again not helped by the owners lack of investment in the playing squad. I still to this day feel that a couple of million pound quality additions would have made all the difference.considering the circumstances MM did a brilliant job that season and it shouldn't be taken away from him. Evans less so.

spot on

as a few of us have pointed out many times
Had derby not ballsed up on 18:24 - Jan 22 with 3249 viewsjas0999

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:22 - Jan 22 by taximan

spot on

as a few of us have pointed out many times

I'm one of them!!
Had derby not ballsed up on 18:25 - Jan 22 with 3248 viewsjeera

"I still to this day feel that a couple of million pound quality additions would have made all the difference.considering the circumstances "

No sh1t?

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:26 - Jan 22 with 3236 viewsjeera

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:24 - Jan 22 by jas0999

I'm one of them!!

That an opportunity was missed that January?

So just you two and possibly everyone else then.

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:27 - Jan 22 with 3225 viewsbournemouthblue

If my auntie had b0ll0cks she'd be my uncle

If we'd missed out with 78 points we'd have been fecking unlucky?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:35 - Jan 22 with 3199 viewsjas0999

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:26 - Jan 22 by jeera

That an opportunity was missed that January?

So just you two and possibly everyone else then.

Eh no, I was just replying to the other post, saying I was one of them (like everyone else). Not suggesting otherwise.
Had derby not ballsed up on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 3168 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Had derby not ballsed up on 21:29 - Jan 21 by SitfcB

That post is misleading though, we were 2nd, but there were about 6 teams separated by just a few points.

We were one of a few challengers who burnt out after not investing in January. Despite having a squad that cost 110k, we qualified for the play-offs.

If we had Douglas and his goal scoring record that season, I think we would have probably finished top 2.

Poll: Best Football Song

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:51 - Jan 22 with 3153 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Had derby not ballsed up on 18:47 - Jan 22 by RoyKeanesDog

That post is misleading though, we were 2nd, but there were about 6 teams separated by just a few points.

We were one of a few challengers who burnt out after not investing in January. Despite having a squad that cost 110k, we qualified for the play-offs.

If we had Douglas and his goal scoring record that season, I think we would have probably finished top 2.

Ooooh you stirrer you ;)

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Had derby not ballsed up on 05:20 - Jan 23 with 2958 viewsBenters

January 2015 was our chance and we blew it.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Had derby not ballsed up on 06:24 - Jan 23 with 2925 viewshorsehollerer

Yes, I agree that ME missed a golden opportunity to strengthen the team at that time and push us over the hill.

But I disagree that from mid Jan we were "really poor". It may have felt like we were struggling because we dropped out of the top two, we certainly looked wearier after Christmas, and we missed the injured McGoldrick and Williams... but the results were still pretty good overall.

E.g. in our final 10 home games from mid Jan, we won 6, drew 3, and lost just 1. We also picked up away wins at Millwall, Fulham and Watford during that time.

IMO it's a common misconception that we completely crumbled from Jan onwards.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Had derby not ballsed up on 07:15 - Jan 23 with 2874 viewsBenters

Had derby not ballsed up on 06:24 - Jan 23 by horsehollerer

Yes, I agree that ME missed a golden opportunity to strengthen the team at that time and push us over the hill.

But I disagree that from mid Jan we were "really poor". It may have felt like we were struggling because we dropped out of the top two, we certainly looked wearier after Christmas, and we missed the injured McGoldrick and Williams... but the results were still pretty good overall.

E.g. in our final 10 home games from mid Jan, we won 6, drew 3, and lost just 1. We also picked up away wins at Millwall, Fulham and Watford during that time.

IMO it's a common misconception that we completely crumbled from Jan onwards.

Well not crumbled we did slip down from 2nd to 6th (still id take that this season) !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Had derby not ballsed up on 09:09 - Jan 23 with 2784 viewsSomethingBlue

What about games where we played well and Derby didn't perform? As I recall, that season was played over 46 games.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024