Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge 21:46 - Jan 21 with 4267 viewsJohnyJohnson

He lives in Ipswich and is not ruling out another managerial post. Please ITFC do the right thing!

http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/story-george-burley-remarkable-ipswich-te
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:51 - Jan 21 with 1199 viewssixtouchfootball

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:12 - Jan 21 by patrickswell

Don't go back. He gave us the best times, I've known as a Town fan....and also started the process which has led us to where we are today.

Well said
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:51 - Jan 21 with 1199 viewsPlums

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:44 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

You don't need sports science to tell you how to pass to the men in a blue shirt.

No, you absolutely don't. But if your opponents are using it to understand their fitness and areas of strength and you aren't, if the teams are close in quality, they have an edge. In elite sport, an edge is enough.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:54 - Jan 21 with 1225 viewsPhilTWTD

Chap who wrote that was sitting next to me at today's game.

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:55 - Jan 21 with 1192 viewstextbackup

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:15 - Jan 21 by J2BLUE

I don't want him back for good because it would probably end badly with no investment from the owner and I don't want his legacy tarnished. Posters like you would soon be calling him a 'cnt' if it all goes wrong.

Don't you ever tell me I'd call sir George that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 23:30 - Jan 21 with 1139 viewsRyorry

Much as I love GB, never go back in the hope of repeating anything - it would be impossible to get as good as the PO semis, final, 5th in the Prem, so almost everybody would end up feeling disappointed - the need is to go forwards to a different kind of "better".

What would be perfectly feasible is to get another manager of the same kind of age, experience, managerial status, capabilities and mindset as GB.

As I've said many times before, I always thought it was our getting into Europe and need to add to the squad that undid GB, plus Kachloul's ratting out, which resulted in George bringing in quantity instead of quality - which diluted our great team spirit.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 23:55 - Jan 21 with 1115 viewsfactual_blue

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:54 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1349/chicken-and-ham-pie

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 00:24 - Jan 22 with 1085 viewsFreddies_Ears

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:38 - Jan 21 by JohnyJohnson

Will never forget that day at old Wembley, one of the last games with the towers. Best game of my life, sadly I missed the Bolton semis! Watching the Lincoln game on TV just shows how far back in time we have gone. Our current team may be fitter and have a better balance of vitamins, but the team of 2000 would have smashed Lincoln.

Except that the team of 2000 struggled to beat an upper-mid Conference team (Morecambe) 1-0.

I was thinking of that one last Tuesday...
It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 00:55 - Jan 22 with 1062 viewsBarneycurley

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:10 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

Changed massively? Really? Finances have, the game itself hasn't.

I agree. I am sure GB would bring more joy to the game and our style in less than 5 games in what it's taken the bufoon owner and walk over manager weve had to do in the last 2 years

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 03:34 - Jan 22 with 1005 viewsIllinoisblue

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 22:54 - Jan 21 by PhilTWTD

Is that his real name?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 08:42 - Jan 22 with 930 viewsMullet

It's hard to read this and not want Burley back in charge on 03:34 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

Is that his real name?

Technically I think it's Philip.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024