Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Personal View 22:55 - Jan 21 with 1582 viewsTheSelkirk

I do not claim to be a footballing expert. I do not have any insider knowledge and have not heard any rumours. I do not know the answers to resolving the issues surrounding our club or reuniting its supporters.

I don't know if one thing or everything needs changing and of course I am in no position to have any influence on any change anyway. I am therefore relying on others to be able to make the right decisions at some point and get us back on track.

However, what I do know is this. I used to look forward to a new season and every match like a five year old looks forward to Christmas. I loved the atmosphere, the noise, the excitement and all the ups and downs that supporting a club provides.

That has gone. Now, I find myself feeling varying degrees of apathy and even disinterest from time to time. I have thought long and hard about why and, rightly or wrongly, the only answer I can come up with is this.... there is a distinct lack of hope. If I had hope (even if long term) then I am certain that supporting ITFC would bring more joy than it does at present.

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to see any light at the end of the tunnel, other than a man with a torch bringing me more bad news.

A Personal View on 23:16 - Jan 21 with 1456 viewsRyorry

Likewise.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A Personal View on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 1253 viewsRegencyBlue

The Evans regime has sucked the life out of the club to the extent that more and more fans feel the same as you!
A Personal View on 09:06 - Jan 22 with 1226 viewsgerard1947

Very hard to disagree with any of that.
A Personal View on 09:12 - Jan 22 with 1180 viewsmediamatt

Couldn't put it better.
Sad times.
A Personal View on 09:20 - Jan 22 with 1141 viewsKeaneish

I think a loss in faith is felt by all. Sadly, in my opinion, the only way to bring about positive change is by not attending. However, there are many fans who treat going to Portman Road like going to the pub and they won't be dettered from their Saturday ritual. Without a united front and unified voice from the supporters, we're going to stumble on apathetically, ironically in the hope of change.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A Personal View on 10:54 - Jan 22 with 1033 viewsTheSelkirk

A Personal View on 09:20 - Jan 22 by Keaneish

I think a loss in faith is felt by all. Sadly, in my opinion, the only way to bring about positive change is by not attending. However, there are many fans who treat going to Portman Road like going to the pub and they won't be dettered from their Saturday ritual. Without a united front and unified voice from the supporters, we're going to stumble on apathetically, ironically in the hope of change.

Thing is Keaneish, and as mentioned above, I don't think that anything I / we can do or say will have any influence on the situation whatsoever. That is part of my frustration.

If I believed that there was a genuine way to help change things for the better then I would certainly go along with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024