Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current situation 00:33 - Jan 22 with 1101 viewsTMWWNGAS

Ok so I've given MM time and now believe it's time to move on but. Realistically.. we're not going anywhere this year ok so looks more likely we'll be at the wrong end but unless something goes horribly wrong we won't go down. So here's the dilemma. Do you please the fans and get shot of the manager costing £1m plus estimated. Or leave it til summer annoying fans short term costing £100ks it's a tough one to call from a business point of view but an easy one from a football one
Current situation on 01:11 - Jan 22 with 1059 viewsBluedanW

Problem is season ticket sales will take a battering if he keeps him on until the end of the season. I think he needs to get a new.manager in now so they can have time to see what squad of players he has before next season. The way it is going now any new manager who takes over in the summer would want to clear out the whole team without having a chance to see how good they are.
Current situation on 06:20 - Jan 22 with 965 viewsSenatorBlue

Current situation on 01:11 - Jan 22 by BluedanW

Problem is season ticket sales will take a battering if he keeps him on until the end of the season. I think he needs to get a new.manager in now so they can have time to see what squad of players he has before next season. The way it is going now any new manager who takes over in the summer would want to clear out the whole team without having a chance to see how good they are.

Exactly. Loss of 2,000 season tickets seems a reasonable number should MM stay on until the summer given the state of fans apathy/anger. That's circa £1m. So pay-off MM now, or, lose out on season ticket sales, either way ME needs to pay around the same. In fact wait until the summer and he risks a double bubble.

The only logic I can see for MM staying on until the summer now is to keep us from being relegated, however players surely equally sense the end must be nearing, which doesn't bode well on that front.

If you put everything together right now, I think it increasingly looks like MM will be leaving us in the coming days, rather than the summer. If you look at his body language, he looks like he himself wants out, and I wouldn't blame him, given the mission impossible he's been given.

I wouldn't envy a new guy coming in though, given the state of the squad, the run of fixtures coming up, only a week left of the window, and no finances to get some much needed fresh blood in.

It's going to be a bumpy few months regardless.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 6:22]
Current situation on 07:37 - Jan 22 with 904 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Current situation on 06:20 - Jan 22 by SenatorBlue

Exactly. Loss of 2,000 season tickets seems a reasonable number should MM stay on until the summer given the state of fans apathy/anger. That's circa £1m. So pay-off MM now, or, lose out on season ticket sales, either way ME needs to pay around the same. In fact wait until the summer and he risks a double bubble.

The only logic I can see for MM staying on until the summer now is to keep us from being relegated, however players surely equally sense the end must be nearing, which doesn't bode well on that front.

If you put everything together right now, I think it increasingly looks like MM will be leaving us in the coming days, rather than the summer. If you look at his body language, he looks like he himself wants out, and I wouldn't blame him, given the mission impossible he's been given.

I wouldn't envy a new guy coming in though, given the state of the squad, the run of fixtures coming up, only a week left of the window, and no finances to get some much needed fresh blood in.

It's going to be a bumpy few months regardless.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 6:22]

I don't get this sacking Mick in the Summer will cost us season tickets rubbish

Wouldn't those that refuse to renew with Mick in charge just simply buy them once he's gone?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Current situation on 09:06 - Jan 22 with 787 viewstractorboy1978

Current situation on 07:37 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't get this sacking Mick in the Summer will cost us season tickets rubbish

Wouldn't those that refuse to renew with Mick in charge just simply buy them once he's gone?

It's not just a case and MM going, a button being pressed and people coming flooding back. ME has to get the next appointment right and needs to show leadership that he's never shown before. He needs to be selling us a viable plan and appoint a manager that has the ability and inclination to stick to it and deliver.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024