Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an awful run of fixtures... 05:48 - Jan 22 with 4954 viewsRollsReuser

.......we now have, we could well be deep in the mire come the end of Feb.

Poll: Paul Taylor

What an awful run of fixtures... on 05:49 - Jan 22 with 2959 viewsBenters

Sorry mate i was thinking the exact same thing !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What an awful run of fixtures... on 06:32 - Jan 22 with 2928 viewsJohnhoz

We could be in serious trouble, it does look like a tough run that's for sure

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

What an awful run of fixtures... on 06:35 - Jan 22 with 2919 viewsBenters

What an awful run of fixtures... on 06:32 - Jan 22 by Johnhoz

We could be in serious trouble, it does look like a tough run that's for sure

Just a bit !

Gentlybentley

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:17 - Jan 22 with 2782 viewsRadlett_blue

The next 7 fixtures are all against clubs higher than us in the table. If we keep up our current pattern of at least 1 decent result in 3, I think that will pretty much prove we aren't going down. However, if we fail to win any of these, we could be in real trouble. The transfer window is about to shut, with no sign so far of anyone coming in to improve our starting XI.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:20 - Jan 22 with 2775 viewstextbackup

I said the other day that a loss to Lincoln will put everyone on an all time low, with no ability to pull ourselves together... the run of bad results will come and we'll slip down the league.

Can't see anything but this happening.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:22 - Jan 22 with 2755 viewsBenters

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:20 - Jan 22 by textbackup

I said the other day that a loss to Lincoln will put everyone on an all time low, with no ability to pull ourselves together... the run of bad results will come and we'll slip down the league.

Going down texty at this rate .

Gentlybentley

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:23 - Jan 22 with 2745 viewsDyland

Once again, the context (especially after the positive signs against Blackburn) of the Lincoln loss with the fixtures coming up and the manner of that performance are the issue here, not the result. We can argue till the cows come home about tactics and team selection but at the very least it's the manager's job to motivate the players. That failing is simply not acceptable.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 2734 viewsDyland

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:22 - Jan 22 by Benters

Going down texty at this rate .

Oh do shut up you negative jess x

Login to get fewer ads

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:27 - Jan 22 with 2714 viewstextbackup

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:23 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Once again, the context (especially after the positive signs against Blackburn) of the Lincoln loss with the fixtures coming up and the manner of that performance are the issue here, not the result. We can argue till the cows come home about tactics and team selection but at the very least it's the manager's job to motivate the players. That failing is simply not acceptable.

Yeah with you on all that.
Being outplayed twice by a non league team is the only reason ME should need to get rid of him. I genuinely can't believe he survived Tuesday night,

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:29 - Jan 22 with 2693 viewsBenters

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:24 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Oh do shut up you negative jess x

You wait and see !

Gentlybentley

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 2672 viewsDyland

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:27 - Jan 22 by textbackup

Yeah with you on all that.
Being outplayed twice by a non league team is the only reason ME should need to get rid of him. I genuinely can't believe he survived Tuesday night,

Perhaps not the only reason Texters, and it's still a more nuanced situation than "in" or "out", but something has to give. I feel a little sorry for McCarthy and some of the scapegoated players, because the fundamental issue at ITFC is MEG. We aren't going anywhere if Evans can't appoint someone in the mould of Burley when he came in 1995.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:35 - Jan 22 with 2651 viewsDyland

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:29 - Jan 22 by Benters

You wait and see !

Stop being such a bell Benters. I don't want to see Town fans saying I told you so if we get relegated. I get the point. We are not safe from the drop. Even the most vociferous Mick outers can still be positive we will remain in this league.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:59 - Jan 22 with 2593 viewsMullet

What an awful run of fixtures... on 09:23 - Jan 22 by Dyland

I dunno if it's motivation but momentum. Those scapegoated players you mention get heaps for the simplest thing, like being tackled or not being able to keep a ball in play, get a shot off or whatever else.

When a player does the exact same thing who is more popular - nothing.

One bloke had the weirdest hissyfit to Douglas coming on. You'd think his house had just burnt down or something. You can see it affecting the team. They no longer want to be anywhere near the away end during or after games.

That deep connection we had, clearly wasn't so deep or genuine.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:01 - Jan 22 with 2591 viewsKeaneish

Agreed. ME has made bad decision after bad decision. The latest being not to sack MM after the Lincoln game. If he had any ounce of pride for this club or genuine passion for football, he'd have done this. Sadly, its about the pound and the pence and his ludicrous contract extension offer this time last year tied his hands, well, it didn't but it appears his heart isn't in splurging cash to the extent he used to. Some may argue, "why would he given how much he invests each year?" To those that peddle that argument. Please stop. Evans is nearing an estimated wealth of 1 billion. Owning a football club has always been a bottomless pit of expenditure. Its a given that you have to continually invest cash and with so much of it, the only option is to invest further to try and recoup losses by making the PL. If only Newcastle go up this season from the teams relegated from the PL last year, there are going to be many more teams receiving PL parachute payments so where does this leave us? I don't buy into the fact its a given that wage bill and transfer budget determine exactly where you finish each season, but it does obviously have major significance.

I have no doubt we're looking at 5 or 6 points maximum from our next possible 21. That is relegation form and the cushion we have will evaporate. I saw some light at the end of the tunnel at QPR only for it to be extinguished in spectacular fashion at Sincil Bank. Time to buckle up as this ride is going to get very rough.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:08 - Jan 22 with 2546 viewsMullet

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:01 - Jan 22 by Keaneish

Agreed. ME has made bad decision after bad decision. The latest being not to sack MM after the Lincoln game. If he had any ounce of pride for this club or genuine passion for football, he'd have done this. Sadly, its about the pound and the pence and his ludicrous contract extension offer this time last year tied his hands, well, it didn't but it appears his heart isn't in splurging cash to the extent he used to. Some may argue, "why would he given how much he invests each year?" To those that peddle that argument. Please stop. Evans is nearing an estimated wealth of 1 billion. Owning a football club has always been a bottomless pit of expenditure. Its a given that you have to continually invest cash and with so much of it, the only option is to invest further to try and recoup losses by making the PL. If only Newcastle go up this season from the teams relegated from the PL last year, there are going to be many more teams receiving PL parachute payments so where does this leave us? I don't buy into the fact its a given that wage bill and transfer budget determine exactly where you finish each season, but it does obviously have major significance.

I have no doubt we're looking at 5 or 6 points maximum from our next possible 21. That is relegation form and the cushion we have will evaporate. I saw some light at the end of the tunnel at QPR only for it to be extinguished in spectacular fashion at Sincil Bank. Time to buckle up as this ride is going to get very rough.

If Evans goes, admin may well follow. Is that better?

For all is faults, there is a very real and very likely raft of problems. Whether that's a Venky's style vanity toilet or the club plummeting and never recovering.

Sacking Mick brings uncertainty and instability. It's more than just about money. We are in a position where circumstance as much as mismanagement has conspired against us. Whether that's injuries, the disparity in TV money and cheat payments, the unwillingness to risk everything and hope punishments never come once the QPR court case finally gets resolved (maybe if).

There are things ME could do drastically differently. That doesn't make them better even if they appear to be so, especially in the longrun.

We are at a moment in the season where the £ gets very little value regardless of Brexit. Making it the time when we spend the most only heightens the likelihood on the least amount of return.

Simply put, MM isn't the problem, ME isn't the problem, the team and the form aren't the problem. The problem is the collective cost of those things combined right now. Whatever the reasons the club finds itself heading back to where Jewell left us, for the third time under ME.

There is no simple or quick solution.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:08 - Jan 22 with 2543 viewsNo9

This was evident from the publishing of the fixture list.
What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:45 - Jan 22 with 2470 viewsRadlett_blue

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:08 - Jan 22 by Mullet

For all is faults, there is a very real and very likely raft of problems. Whether that's a Venky's style vanity toilet or the club plummeting and never recovering.

Sacking Mick brings uncertainty and instability. It's more than just about money. We are in a position where circumstance as much as mismanagement has conspired against us. Whether that's injuries, the disparity in TV money and cheat payments, the unwillingness to risk everything and hope punishments never come once the QPR court case finally gets resolved (maybe if).

There are things ME could do drastically differently. That doesn't make them better even if they appear to be so, especially in the longrun.

We are at a moment in the season where the £ gets very little value regardless of Brexit. Making it the time when we spend the most only heightens the likelihood on the least amount of return.

Simply put, MM isn't the problem, ME isn't the problem, the team and the form aren't the problem. The problem is the collective cost of those things combined right now. Whatever the reasons the club finds itself heading back to where Jewell left us, for the third time under ME.

Yes, Evans could let Town go into admin, but only if he is terminally stupid as he will get back virtually nothing from what he has invested so far. If he wants out, he will write off the debts (which are all owed to him or his companies) & recoup what he can by selling a debt free Town to someone else.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 2453 viewsMullet

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:45 - Jan 22 by Radlett_blue

Yes, Evans could let Town go into admin, but only if he is terminally stupid as he will get back virtually nothing from what he has invested so far. If he wants out, he will write off the debts (which are all owed to him or his companies) & recoup what he can by selling a debt free Town to someone else.

That's assuming that Evans would put us in admin not the bloke he shifts us on to on the cheap.

Look at the dodgy types that have snuck into the Championship after all. Let alone Sheepy came uncomfortably close to letting a fraudster have us before Evans.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:58 - Jan 22 with 2414 viewsRadlett_blue

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:47 - Jan 22 by Mullet

That's assuming that Evans would put us in admin not the bloke he shifts us on to on the cheap.

Look at the dodgy types that have snuck into the Championship after all. Let alone Sheepy came uncomfortably close to letting a fraudster have us before Evans.

Yes, Evans could easily sell Town to a far worse owner. However, that's a totally different thing from Evans putting Town into Admin, which won't happen unless his empire runs out of money.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:04 - Jan 22 with 2392 viewsMullet

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:58 - Jan 22 by Radlett_blue

Yes, Evans could easily sell Town to a far worse owner. However, that's a totally different thing from Evans putting Town into Admin, which won't happen unless his empire runs out of money.

I think you're agreeing with me still? I don't think I said Evans will put us into admin but his exit could?

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:14 - Jan 22 with 2342 viewsRadlett_blue

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:04 - Jan 22 by Mullet

I think you're agreeing with me still? I don't think I said Evans will put us into admin but his exit could?

Ahh...quite possibly, I misinterpreted your statement that "if Evans goes, admin may follow".

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 2278 viewsKeaneish

What an awful run of fixtures... on 10:08 - Jan 22 by Mullet

I completely agree with everything you've written which is again, articulated well. I don't want to see ME leave the club. I want him to take some pride, have some passion and invest in the areas that we need with the vast fortune he has amassed. I remember when news broke that a 'local' business man with a reported wealth of over 500 million was going to buy the club and 'wipe' its debts! A dream. What's happened to everything that dream warranted?

I'm convinced another manager can get more out of those players than Mick is getting right now. He knows he needs to take a different approach and he's doing it but it should have happened 18 months ago. He's so slow to realise what many of us find so obvious, its frightening. No doubt its a risk sacking Mick but then everything in football is a risk. We can pick up this conversation again on Monday 27th February after the Norwich game but by that time, i fear its going to have different complexion in a season of spiralling lows. By this point in the season though, it'll be too late to change and quite frankly, farcical to do so, and it'll be in the lap of the God's where we'll be praying our injury list recedes; the new system gels and someone out there gets the bit between the teeth to carry the fight.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:48 - Jan 22 with 2236 viewsbournemouthblue

Huddersfield was one of the easier ones on paper, that's the worrying thing

You never know what you're going to get with the Championship but we are such a terrible attacking side, it is a real worry

I haven't felt this negative about Ipswich since the days of Keane

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 2225 viewsMullet

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:36 - Jan 22 by Keaneish

I completely agree with everything you've written which is again, articulated well. I don't want to see ME leave the club. I want him to take some pride, have some passion and invest in the areas that we need with the vast fortune he has amassed. I remember when news broke that a 'local' business man with a reported wealth of over 500 million was going to buy the club and 'wipe' its debts! A dream. What's happened to everything that dream warranted?

I'm convinced another manager can get more out of those players than Mick is getting right now. He knows he needs to take a different approach and he's doing it but it should have happened 18 months ago. He's so slow to realise what many of us find so obvious, its frightening. No doubt its a risk sacking Mick but then everything in football is a risk. We can pick up this conversation again on Monday 27th February after the Norwich game but by that time, i fear its going to have different complexion in a season of spiralling lows. By this point in the season though, it'll be too late to change and quite frankly, farcical to do so, and it'll be in the lap of the God's where we'll be praying our injury list recedes; the new system gels and someone out there gets the bit between the teeth to carry the fight.

You're in the area of telling him how to spend his own money there. Which unfortunately isn't very easy to do.

I think you holding him up to not being what the EADT etc. led you to believe he might be is unfair too. Especially as their editor and those that followed did their best to undermine and drive him out when he wouldn't indulge their fantasies.

My gut feeling is as I said after the game last night, this isn't a new system it's the only one MM can use to put as many key players on the pitch at once. It doesn't work. At least as well as it should.

There were a swathe of tactical issues with it again yesterday and it's hard to say Mick did much wrong in his selection. Had he started Douglas for the ineffective Dozzell imagine the light that puts the defeat in.

We've now got a weird scenario where fans feel like they should call the tune and we all know how well our lot can knock out a song during a game.

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 2220 viewsRadlett_blue

What an awful run of fixtures... on 11:48 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

Huddersfield was one of the easier ones on paper, that's the worrying thing

You never know what you're going to get with the Championship but we are such a terrible attacking side, it is a real worry

I haven't felt this negative about Ipswich since the days of Keane

"easier ones on paper"? Away to the club in 3rd place?
Agree with your last sentence, though - a failing manager, not being backed by the owner is a recipe for disaster.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024