Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump - really, I mean really?? 08:31 - Jan 22 with 16210 viewsunstableblue

People are really flabbergasted and concerned this morning in the US. Is he really going to be like this??

Basically he is claiming 1.5million people for his inauguration, he is stating it's is ghe largest turnout ever. He is stating the media are lying that it was only 250k, and much lower than Obamas.

He won't even acknowkedge the protest movement - which was larger. He's basically p!ssed about this and is blaming the media. His press secretary has carried on the line and the attack.

But photos and importantly the Washington mass transit numbers prove the press news.

Trump is lying! Like he did throughout his campaign. But now he is president.

It is shocking. It is like a banana republic.

And to think there were muppets on here lauding him.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 8:32]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

No but you miss the point on 21:56 - Jan 22 with 1828 viewscaught-in-limbo

No but you miss the point on 12:12 - Jan 22 by Binner

Underestimate Social Media at your peril.

A New World Order has developed over the last decade or so. Whoever is best at manipulating opinion, through FB, Twitter and other info streams, will take the prizes. Up to now Trump has been most adept at propagandizing. We all know of his many failings and shortcomings but in this, at least, he is leading the way.

It's all about "Big Data" and "Psychographics" - this English company worked for Cruz in the Republican primaries and then Trump for the presidential elections.

You'll find this interesting:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

UPDATE: "alternative facts"? on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 1801 viewsunstableblue

FACT: (noun) - something that is known to have happened or to exist, especially something for which proof exists, or about which there is information

So Trumps people believe in an alernative reality, that's reassuring.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 1800 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 13:30 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

The press exist to make money. They aren't going to boycott his press conferences.

Just to reiterate my point from the last few months the democrats and media are partly to blame for all this for their insistence that Clinton was the nominee. Sanders never had a fair chance. It should have been Biden.

Print media makes very little money.

The press exists to shape public opinion and perception.

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:13 - Jan 22 with 1793 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 16:42 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

Have you seen that that Kellyanne Conway chap has now stated that his press secretary was simply presenting "alternative facts" when lying about the number of people at the inauguration?

Almost 1984 type of language that!

They all do it.

Hillary Clinton famously "misspoke" when she said she landed in Bosnia under sniper fire:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/23/recalling-hillary

Such misspeaking contributed to the death of thousands of innocents.

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 1789 viewslowhouseblue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 21:43 - Jan 22 by caught-in-limbo

Hilarious that you post an online BBC article with a photo (which has no time stamp) as evidence of some point point you wish to make, only for you then to say that you don't care about that point but that I will post something from an online source as evidence of the same thing.

You seem desperate for attention.

i didn't quite follow that ... but, i was right you are going to claim that the photos are false. i knew you would. false photos. go on then, how did the mainstream media forge the photos and what have they done with the real photos which show the 1.5 million people. you're on top form tonight.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:18 - Jan 22 with 1788 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 21:47 - Jan 22 by Cotty

In fairness, I saw exactly that image on the live coverage, incidentally not through the BBC. Were my eyes deceiving me?

You miss my point. I'm not disputing anything, just highlighting the hypocrisy of Lowhouse's post.

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:18 - Jan 22 with 1787 viewsgtsb1966

When he won the election I thought oh well, thank god he will have to listen to the people he chooses to surround himself with. After watching the news today I've realised the idiocy doesn't just stop with Trump.
Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:20 - Jan 22 with 1786 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:16 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

i didn't quite follow that ... but, i was right you are going to claim that the photos are false. i knew you would. false photos. go on then, how did the mainstream media forge the photos and what have they done with the real photos which show the 1.5 million people. you're on top form tonight.

I haven't claimed anything about the photos, nor will I. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:24 - Jan 22 with 1764 viewslowhouseblue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:20 - Jan 22 by caught-in-limbo

I haven't claimed anything about the photos, nor will I. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.

so why does the absence of a date stamp matter if you don't question the photos?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:29 - Jan 22 with 1754 viewsRyorry

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 16:42 - Jan 22 by Dubtractor

Have you seen that that Kellyanne Conway chap has now stated that his press secretary was simply presenting "alternative facts" when lying about the number of people at the inauguration?

Almost 1984 type of language that!

So I was right re an "alternative reality"?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/396604/its-the-truman-show-isnt-it--please-tell-me-t

Even more worried now!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:30 - Jan 22 with 1754 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:24 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

so why does the absence of a date stamp matter if you don't question the photos?

Because it's something you found on the internet in order to prove something but which amounts to very little evidence without a time stamp. Which is precisely what you accuse me of doing even when I have no intention of doing so.

Then you say you don't care anyway. Then why bother in the first place?

Then you say that I'll go onto the internet and try and prove exactly the opposite of what you were trying to prove. There's the hypocrisy in full technicolor.

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:36 - Jan 22 with 1738 viewslowhouseblue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:30 - Jan 22 by caught-in-limbo

Because it's something you found on the internet in order to prove something but which amounts to very little evidence without a time stamp. Which is precisely what you accuse me of doing even when I have no intention of doing so.

Then you say you don't care anyway. Then why bother in the first place?

Then you say that I'll go onto the internet and try and prove exactly the opposite of what you were trying to prove. There's the hypocrisy in full technicolor.

i care about the lying. the numbers in themselves are neither here not there. it's really not that hard an argument to follow. i think that any reasonable person would fine the photos conclusive. have you seen the time lapse photos? really not sure what you're on about.

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:43 - Jan 22 with 1731 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:29 - Jan 22 by Ryorry

So I was right re an "alternative reality"?

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/396604/its-the-truman-show-isnt-it--please-tell-me-t

Even more worried now!

"Alternative reality" is nothing new. It was always written off as conspiracy theorists fantasy in the past despite open admission by US policy advisers. Now there's an unwanted figure in the White House, everyone is happy to accept it.

"That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality–judiciously, as you will–we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Karl_Rove

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:45 - Jan 22 with 1718 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:36 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

i care about the lying. the numbers in themselves are neither here not there. it's really not that hard an argument to follow. i think that any reasonable person would fine the photos conclusive. have you seen the time lapse photos? really not sure what you're on about.

You know exactly what I'm saying. And like I said before, I genuinely don't care about the numbers or not. I'm not a Trump supporter. I find it amusing that you care so much about lying now... it's been going on for years.

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:56 - Jan 22 with 1705 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:36 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

Here's one with the time stamp, that Trump's people are saying was faked by CNN. On live TV....
Turns out they confused PT & ET! 😄🙄

This was 12:22 Eastern time, well into the inauguration

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 22:57]
Trump - really, I mean really?? on 23:06 - Jan 22 with 1655 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:56 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

Here's one with the time stamp, that Trump's people are saying was faked by CNN. On live TV....
Turns out they confused PT & ET! 😄🙄

This was 12:22 Eastern time, well into the inauguration

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 22:57]

Looks like Trump has succeeded.

You guys are arguing the toss over how many people attended his inauguration. Not only that but you are all putting in an awful lot of time and effort putting up video and counter video. Photo and counter photo.

It's all a distraction.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, CIL has a point. In the old days of the Soviet Union the authorities gave the plebs cheap vodka to distract the, Now we have social media and fake news fed to us to argue over.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 23:18 - Jan 22 with 1617 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 23:06 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

You guys are arguing the toss over how many people attended his inauguration. Not only that but you are all putting in an awful lot of time and effort putting up video and counter video. Photo and counter photo.

It's all a distraction.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, CIL has a point. In the old days of the Soviet Union the authorities gave the plebs cheap vodka to distract the, Now we have social media and fake news fed to us to argue over.

No, i posted something in this thread over 12 hours ago about exactly what you are referring to. I'll post it again.
No effort for me. It was in my Twitter feed :)

Like CiL i couldn't care if 1 or 10 million people were there. It's the manipulation after that shows how the administration plans to work and dupe the less educated in Trump's heartland
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 23:19]
Trump - really, I mean really?? on 23:19 - Jan 22 with 1611 viewscaught-in-limbo

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 23:06 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

It's all a distraction.

I always have a point. You might not agree with it, much as I only sometimes agree with your points.

That said, I agree with you here.

I have no interest in Trump's inauguration public appearance figures (manipulated or not) whatsoever. Yet Lowhouse, posts something from the internet and then tells the forum that I'm come along with some evidence from the internet to the contrary.

He's the only one interested as far as I can make out, yet seems intent on pulling me into an opposing argument and mocking the medium which he says I'm going to use (the internet) - the same medium he's used in the first place to create the argument out of thin air.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 23:35]

#toxic

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:04 - Jan 23 with 1808 viewsRyorry

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 22:43 - Jan 22 by caught-in-limbo

"Alternative reality" is nothing new. It was always written off as conspiracy theorists fantasy in the past despite open admission by US policy advisers. Now there's an unwanted figure in the White House, everyone is happy to accept it.

"That's not the way the world really works anymore. We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality–judiciously, as you will–we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Karl_Rove

'Alternative' quotes from Rove for your entertainment, and possibly amusement (also off wiki)

"Just get me a f<cking faith-based thing. Got it?" (Rove to then second-in-command of President Bush’s Office on Faith-Based Initiatives David Kuo, as reported in Kuo's book "Tempting Faith"[3])

"We will f<ck him. Do you hear me? We will f<ck him. We will ruin him. Like no one has ever f<cked him!"
Ron Suskind, Esquire, January 2003[1] (guessing in an interview, context not given).

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:07 - Jan 23 with 1793 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:04 - Jan 23 by Ryorry

'Alternative' quotes from Rove for your entertainment, and possibly amusement (also off wiki)

"Just get me a f<cking faith-based thing. Got it?" (Rove to then second-in-command of President Bush’s Office on Faith-Based Initiatives David Kuo, as reported in Kuo's book "Tempting Faith"[3])

"We will f<ck him. Do you hear me? We will f<ck him. We will ruin him. Like no one has ever f<cked him!"
Ron Suskind, Esquire, January 2003[1] (guessing in an interview, context not given).

We can all sleep soundly, Trump wants to set up his own security and intelligence services.

Now that is worrying

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:10 - Jan 23 with 1770 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:07 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

We can all sleep soundly, Trump wants to set up his own security and intelligence services.

Now that is worrying

Why couldn't they have just put Biden up against him?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:11 - Jan 23 with 1770 viewsWeWereZombies

Now that is worrying

Perhaps he should get his own email server too?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:17 - Jan 23 with 1760 viewsRyorry

Now that is worrying

It's rather weird, but the world seems so precariously balanced now that I've kinda stopped worrying - it seems pointless; and have become very focussed on actually *doing* little bits of things# - unnoticeable as an individual, but together we minnows can add up to something. #Mainly through involvement in direct action against fracking.

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:19 - Jan 23 with 1749 viewsRyorry

Now that is worrying

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

http://www.openculture.com/2016/03/edmund-burkeon-in-action.html

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:23 - Jan 23 with 1725 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 00:17 - Jan 23 by Ryorry

It's rather weird, but the world seems so precariously balanced now that I've kinda stopped worrying - it seems pointless; and have become very focussed on actually *doing* little bits of things# - unnoticeable as an individual, but together we minnows can add up to something. #Mainly through involvement in direct action against fracking.

Is there anywhere I can read about fracking? I don't know much about it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024