Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surely ME wouldn't 11:08 - Jan 22 with 2024 viewsLesta_Tractor

allow MM to make two signings, with more to follow, and then sack him?

I expect him to be here until the end of the season as he won't resign.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:13 - Jan 22 with 2002 viewshadleighboyblue

we seem to be getting just cheap , short term signings which will see us through to the end of season .

The lack of a big money signing might be significant ?

This mess can't go on
Surely ME wouldn't on 11:17 - Jan 22 with 1984 viewsLesta_Tractor

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:13 - Jan 22 by hadleighboyblue

we seem to be getting just cheap , short term signings which will see us through to the end of season .

This mess can't go on

it's not like cheap signings are a new thing for us though.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:18 - Jan 22 with 1976 viewsHerbivore

He won't go until the summer which I feel is probably for the best.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:23 - Jan 22 with 1930 viewshadleighboyblue

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:18 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

He won't go until the summer which I feel is probably for the best.

If that's the case , and it probably is , then will ME spend any big money now or will he wait to give it to the new man
Surely ME wouldn't on 11:26 - Jan 22 with 1903 viewsHerbivore

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:23 - Jan 22 by hadleighboyblue

If that's the case , and it probably is , then will ME spend any big money now or will he wait to give it to the new man

We'll see, indications so far are that he won't be spending big this window and I think that says a lot about Mick's future.

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:27 - Jan 22 with 1904 viewschristiand

It's so cringeworthy at the moment, both ME and MM are so stubborn neither is giving an inch. I really believe MM is trying get himself sacked and ME is not forthcoming with any serious money for transfers and doesn't want to pay MM off. Really what does £1m get you these days? Not a lot! One of them has to bite the bullet and make the decision, but at this rate if it allowed to carry on we'll get relegated without a doubt. I just don't think we can afford to let MM carry on until the end of season - the next seven games I'll be amazed if we get 3 points. 50 points is normally the yardstick for safety, that seems a long way off!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:29 - Jan 22 with 1879 viewsElderGrizzly

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:13 - Jan 22 by hadleighboyblue

This mess can't go on

Yep. That's how i see it too.

The same happened with Keane who was starved of funds towards the end.
Surely ME wouldn't on 11:30 - Jan 22 with 1873 viewsColchesterBlue1985

MM will go in the summer 100% and unless a huge downturn in league form that won't change. ME will give MM the money to get through until then knowing the next manager will want money to bring in his own players. Looking back over the years in time to come I think we will all look at MM's reign with a tinge of regret that the one manger who showed potential to take us further wasn't backed but managers either side of him were backed. unless we go for the cheap managerial option whose just happy to be here than they will want money knowing that three proven championship winning mangers have tried and failed. We are almost becoming a poisoned chalice if not already.
Login to get fewer ads

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:31 - Jan 22 with 1862 viewsSuperfrans

I suspect that even if we found ourselves in relegation peril he'd keep Mick. He might even back him to bring us back if we ended up going down (which I personally can't see happening).

But if we're safe in the Championship at the end of the season, Mick's comment suggest he'll talk to Evans and potentially walk away. The signing of Spence and Moore are fairly irrelevant to that, they're both cheap signings, low salaries, no risk.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:38 - Jan 22 with 1820 viewsHerbivore

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:27 - Jan 22 by christiand

It's so cringeworthy at the moment, both ME and MM are so stubborn neither is giving an inch. I really believe MM is trying get himself sacked and ME is not forthcoming with any serious money for transfers and doesn't want to pay MM off. Really what does £1m get you these days? Not a lot! One of them has to bite the bullet and make the decision, but at this rate if it allowed to carry on we'll get relegated without a doubt. I just don't think we can afford to let MM carry on until the end of season - the next seven games I'll be amazed if we get 3 points. 50 points is normally the yardstick for safety, that seems a long way off!!

If we carry on as we are we'll be inconsistent and finish in mid table.

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:40 - Jan 22 with 1806 viewsSuperfrans

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:27 - Jan 22 by christiand

"Without a doubt"

The smartest people question even their first kneejerk assumption, and consider the facts before drawing a conclusion. Of course, relegation (or a relegation battle) can never be ruled out, but it's not inevitable, or "without a doubt".

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:47 - Jan 22 with 1761 viewschristiand

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:40 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

"Without a doubt"

The smartest people question even their first kneejerk assumption, and consider the facts before drawing a conclusion. Of course, relegation (or a relegation battle) can never be ruled out, but it's not inevitable, or "without a doubt".

Look at our next 7 games, not many points available on paper. Morale and confidence even lower by the end of that run. Disgruntled fans voicing their views, dwindling crowds and even more negativity surrounding the club. This is just my opinion of course, but I think it is going to be a real struggle to avoid the bottom 3. I just wonder if we will have enough in the tank to pull clear by then?

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:53 - Jan 22 with 1728 viewsSuperfrans

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:47 - Jan 22 by christiand

Look at our next 7 games, not many points available on paper. Morale and confidence even lower by the end of that run. Disgruntled fans voicing their views, dwindling crowds and even more negativity surrounding the club. This is just my opinion of course, but I think it is going to be a real struggle to avoid the bottom 3. I just wonder if we will have enough in the tank to pull clear by then?

Yet, if you look at our last two seasons, we've often done better better away against decent sides than at home against poorer ones.

But by the way, there is a big difference between being concerned that we could easily get dragged in and it being "without a doubt". It isn't. It's possible, it might even be likely that we're going to slip further, but it's not beyond doubt.

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:58 - Jan 22 with 1700 viewsjas0999

These signings are hopeless and will make little difference if MM is here or not. Two are short term deals for players no one else wants. One is far from complete. The final one - the best of the bunch is for a player not good enough to play for Forest Green. All very very cheap signings. No likelihood of any real fees being spent.
Surely ME wouldn't on 12:01 - Jan 22 with 1666 viewschristiand

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:53 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

Yet, if you look at our last two seasons, we've often done better better away against decent sides than at home against poorer ones.

But by the way, there is a big difference between being concerned that we could easily get dragged in and it being "without a doubt". It isn't. It's possible, it might even be likely that we're going to slip further, but it's not beyond doubt.

You'd also have to admit that in terms of our play and structure we were in a better place on the pitch, than currently. We look rudderless at the moment. That result against Lincoln will have a long lasting effect both mentally and physically on the players and management. We're just not showing that resilience that MM first instealled to make us tough to break down. Soon as we goal a goal down....game over!!

Surely ME wouldn't on 15:55 - Jan 22 with 1439 viewsbraveblue

He will be as ME knows nothing about football or managers. ME will see his mistake when thousands don't renew season tickets.
Surely ME wouldn't on 16:03 - Jan 22 with 1405 viewsHerbivore

Surely ME wouldn't on 11:47 - Jan 22 by christiand

Even if we lose all 7 of those games, which seems unlikely, there is a 9 point gap between us and the bottom three that is unlikely to be bridged over a period of 7 games at the rate those teams in the bottom 3 are picking up points. I expect that this season another 12 points will see us safe and we've got 19 games in which to pick them up. Even factoring in a possible dip in form it seems unlikely that we're going to go on a run bad enough for us to fail to pick up at least 12 points from our remaining games.

Surely ME wouldn't on 16:14 - Jan 22 with 1371 viewsNo9

We don't know what the 'contract' says

I agree with your second para tho'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024