Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3 worst managers in a row Town have had 11:11 - Jan 22 with 3749 viewsRickOShea

this has to lay at Evans feet as he appointed them all.
We have a non football man owning our club with mouthpieces such as Clegg and now Milne who equally know sod all.
As fans we need to demonstrate to him enough is enough.
Do we not attend anymore as many have done, do we not renew season tickets (Many will of course unconditionally) ,wait and get relegated, a possibility at present.
Answers anyone ?
Hurray! on 13:28 - Jan 22 with 1237 viewsDyland

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:09 - Jan 22 by Radlett_blue

Keane was far worse than Jewell. He inherited a team that had finished just outside the play-offs, spent a fortune & turned them into relegation candidates. Jewell inherited a mess, briefly turned it around & then left another mess.

A who was worse Keane or Jewell debate :-) I'm absolutely with you on this one btw.

Who was better, Shefki or Pablo?

Who was worse, Harbey or Creaney?

Who destroyed the club, Sheepshanks or Burley?

Soft cheese, or hard cheese, or semi-on cheese? Hang on, what?

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 1233 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:25 - Jan 22 by Dyland

It's been up and down Murders. Certainly every time we seem to progress the style/tactics, we revert in the blink of an eye. Agreed.

Not gonna argue with people who want someone else in charge of the team but I will argue vehemently with fans who are so blinkered and biased that they think McCarthy is one of the worst managers ITFC have had. It's an absurd, borderline delusional position.

I agree that his hands are tied because of lack of money and, under those circumstances, he can t be considered one of the worst. But the style.... the awful style means he can't be remembered as anything above average. A safe pair of hands when needed.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:33 - Jan 22 with 1224 viewsBlue_Moses

Mick is certainly the most negative I can remember.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 15:04 - Jan 22 with 1196 viewsDarth_Koont

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:09 - Jan 22 by Radlett_blue

Keane was far worse than Jewell. He inherited a team that had finished just outside the play-offs, spent a fortune & turned them into relegation candidates. Jewell inherited a mess, briefly turned it around & then left another mess.

We were never really threatening the playoffs in Jim's last season and that even included winning the last three games to put us 8 points back.

Even though Jim looked to have lost his ability to build/manage the team, in retrospect Keane certainly made things worse. But then Jewell took it to a new level. Given money, time and patience from ME, he ended up with an expensive squad adrift at the bottom of the table, and most concerning, with far too many loanees and scarcely a youngster in sight. I liked Jewell as a person but it was a nearly fatal spell in charge.

Pronouns: He/Him

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 16:56 - Jan 22 with 1161 viewsgazzer1999

Lets be honest about this Mick is clearly not to be labelled among the worst managers we have had. Put it all in prospective, the 'dark lord' Keane is the man we should be blaming for all this and is head and shoulders above all the others as the worst.
Good managers can coach poor players to play, if you spend and buy 'good players' you don't need to coach them, much like international managers, you will always win more than you lose.
The true mark of a coach is have no money to spend, you get in free transfers and cast offs, and teach them to play well. Keane just bought in players who he thought would play well and when it failed he was clueless in how to coach them.
Sir Bobby had hardly any money to spend, Bobby Ferguson had no money and then saw his team sold beneath him, and still made the playoffs. George had to sell a player each year to balance the books, still made the playoffs, and finally made it.
Just look at Keanes record of players bought and players given away, again clueless. Jewell was on a hiding to nothing and Mick has just had to pick the pieces up from both.
Worst 3 Managers 1) Roy Keane 2) Roy Keane 3) Roy Keane.
Maybe it is time for Mick to go, however the hate on this site is unwarranted, if he had the backing from the owner to the extent that Keane had, and still got us to mid table you could argue, however he has had none of that and done the best of a bad job with what he had available.
I have watched ITFC since 1969 and this is the darkest period, but remember who started the rot R.K. still getting back at Mick after all these years, just wish we could wave a magic wand for Mick to put one over Keane.
Come on Mr Evans if you love our club as much as you say, back Mick with funds you gave to the others, he may just give you what you want.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 1134 viewsbournemouthblue

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 13:33 - Jan 22 by Blue_Moses

Mick is certainly the most negative I can remember.

More negative than Keane, surely not?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 18:56 - Jan 22 with 1068 viewstractorboy1978

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:49 - Jan 22 by Superfrans

True enough. But Magilton had a strong, solid foundation to build on - compared to McCarthy, who had to drag a pretty much relegated side to safety, restructure a squad the following summer and then turned it into a play-off challenging team within two seasons. Had his career here ended there, he would have been viewed one of our best managers. It's simply slid since then.

Magilton inherited the worst Ipswich side we've had on a paper in my time - 20 years.
3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 19:55 - Jan 22 with 1033 viewsottovonbismark

What difference will a change of manager make if we have identified the owner as the problem, which I agree with. Unfortunately Mick has past the point of no return I think as the standard of football is generally shocking.

But we could hire another manager and another manager and another who will all face the same reality as Mick - no money, loans and free transfers, players well past their best etc. It's a recipe for stagnation and a slow slide into low morale and dissatisfaction all round.

It's not possible to succeed under the circumstances Evans has created at Town. He is a business man doing his utmost to reduce his tax liability, that's his real priority. Not the football club.
Login to get fewer ads

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 19:57 - Jan 22 with 1026 viewsSuperfrans

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 18:56 - Jan 22 by tractorboy1978

Magilton inherited the worst Ipswich side we've had on a paper in my time - 20 years.

It wasn't as bad as the squad Jewell left behind. The league positions are clear evidence of this.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 06:24 - Jan 23 with 943 viewshype313

3 worst managers in a row Town have had on 11:50 - Jan 22 by blueblueburleymcgrew

I would never put Mick in the same bracket as Jewell and Keane. You are just plain wrong on that.

Indeed, people forget that Jim, PJ and Keane were all given cash, Mick hasn't.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024