Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" 11:33 - Jan 22 with 1584 viewsbobbyramsey

No-one can seem to make it work, there must be a reason?

Three failures on the trot is odd for Town.
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:07 - Jan 22 with 1516 viewsWeWereZombies

Because a fair number of the supporters have the demeanour of gravediggers? Bit unfair on gravediggers, I know - Peter Green out of Fleetwood Mac was a gravedigger before he was a virtuoso guitarist.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:09 - Jan 22 with 1507 viewsArnieM

Perhaps if you compared ITFC with other clubs you might see we are far from a graveyard. Try the scum up the road for an initial comparator

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:18 - Jan 22 with 1476 viewsWeWereZombies

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:09 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

Perhaps if you compared ITFC with other clubs you might see we are far from a graveyard. Try the scum up the road for an initial comparator

So, not so much a graveyard as a sheltered housing development before the retirement home - not that Roy Keane took the hint.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:20 - Jan 22 with 1463 viewsSwn98

Very good question you can't really use the lack of investment chestnut, as Magilton had some Keane and Jewell squandered plenty.
In years to come when we reflect on the current regime I think it will be seen as a degree of success saved from relegation, play offs, seventh last year I think this year we have been hit by the double wammy of bargain basement purchases and the never ending list of injuries.
I stated at the start of the season that it was folly to pin our main hopes on Williams and Didz because of the injury history the selling of Murphy was a bitter blow and we have really never got off the ropes since then.
I believe that the new signings will get us across the line of safety but a bad result against scum will seal Mccarthy fate.
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 14:11 - Jan 22 with 1360 viewsMillsey

It's because the club is followed by the biggest bunch of whiners when things are not going well! I'm sure this wasn't the case when we were crap in the early seventies
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 14:15 - Jan 22 with 1349 viewspatrickswell

I suppose because ultimately:

Magilton couldn't handle the raised expectations.

Keane wasn't as good as he thought he was.

Jewell - see Magilton but with even more chaos.

Mick - built a base, which none of the others managed, but hasn't been supported with the funds to go beyond that or play the way he wants to play.
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 1244 viewsmadmouse1959

It has become a conveyor belt of managers because there is no one there to kick arse and demand more from the employees. More recently we have had Clegg....Milne...etc more worried about staging a music concert than the standard of football. The manager brings in a few old mates for a final pay day and the team suffers. We either need an owner to inject discipline at this club or a consultant football overlord to make sure the manager is steering the boat. It is apparent that this club is a walk in the park for an easy wage packet. We seem to have the biggest injury list in the Championship and now a lot of discontent we do not know about behind the scenes. .

shampoo dave

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 15:57 - Jan 22 with 1220 viewsPilgrimblue

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 15:38 - Jan 22 by madmouse1959

It has become a conveyor belt of managers because there is no one there to kick arse and demand more from the employees. More recently we have had Clegg....Milne...etc more worried about staging a music concert than the standard of football. The manager brings in a few old mates for a final pay day and the team suffers. We either need an owner to inject discipline at this club or a consultant football overlord to make sure the manager is steering the boat. It is apparent that this club is a walk in the park for an easy wage packet. We seem to have the biggest injury list in the Championship and now a lot of discontent we do not know about behind the scenes. .

You may have something as I feel too that MM is almost standing alone. Milne is weak as was Clegg and we hear nothing from Evans other than he's supporting MM.
Obviously we don't know what is said behind the scenes but there is nothing to suggest that MM is under pressure. Either Evans has given MM funds but can't find the players he wants OR, more likely, there's no new money and MM must find freebies/loans.
We therefore must pray that injuries are overcome asap
Login to get fewer ads

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:17 - Jan 22 with 1183 viewsNo9

It si down to the fact that 'managers' now come with a bus load of helpers many of whom are past their sell by date but the 'maanger' has loyalties (not necessarily a bad thing) which often clashes with those in place at the club they are coiming into.

Remember Keane bladed some good people ?
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 1152 viewsArnieM

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 12:20 - Jan 22 by Swn98

Very good question you can't really use the lack of investment chestnut, as Magilton had some Keane and Jewell squandered plenty.
In years to come when we reflect on the current regime I think it will be seen as a degree of success saved from relegation, play offs, seventh last year I think this year we have been hit by the double wammy of bargain basement purchases and the never ending list of injuries.
I stated at the start of the season that it was folly to pin our main hopes on Williams and Didz because of the injury history the selling of Murphy was a bitter blow and we have really never got off the ropes since then.
I believe that the new signings will get us across the line of safety but a bad result against scum will seal Mccarthy fate.

I still think it will. end in a gentleman's agreement in the summer and. MM walking away with his head held high.

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 1138 viewsNo9

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:30 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

I still think it will. end in a gentleman's agreement in the summer and. MM walking away with his head held high.

You may well be right
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:34 - Jan 22 with 1129 viewsArnieM

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:32 - Jan 22 by No9

You may well be right

problem is this won't get helping Evans sell ST in March will it.

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:35 - Jan 22 with 1122 viewsMattinLondon

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 14:11 - Jan 22 by Millsey

It's because the club is followed by the biggest bunch of whiners when things are not going well! I'm sure this wasn't the case when we were crap in the early seventies

Early seventies? Was that when fans were calling for the head of Bobby Robson? Yeah, no whinners tbem.
Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:40 - Jan 22 with 1110 viewsNo9

Why has Town become a "managers graveyard?" on 16:34 - Jan 22 by ArnieM

problem is this won't get helping Evans sell ST in March will it.

Not at all.
However, missing the early bird sales offers the opportunity to sell at a higher price.

If in June Mr E announced a popular manager was to take over the sales could be very high - maybe?

I think I was the only Town supporter pi$$ed off when RK was announced as Town manager & the bookies made Town favourites to win the division - I never believed it BUT it sold tickets
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024