Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 14:47 - Jan 22 with 3026 viewsfactual_blue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38707997

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:52 - Jan 22 with 1165 viewsGuthrum

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:42 - Jan 22 by BlueBadger

I rather suspect that anyone we deal with will want something similar. The yanks will probably want some kind of horrific TTIP-on-speed deal granted unlimited access to to public services 'commissions' for the sort Efficient Private Sector companies we've served us so well in the field of prisons, waste disposal, and healthcare already.

Given the avowedly "America First" tone of the new US administration, we could well see something even more unbalanced than TTIP. They hold all the cards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 1163 viewsGuthrum

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:29 - Jan 22 by pickles110564

Plenty of other cars out there to choose from.

All of them have to be imported, or are manufactured by foreign companies.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 1162 viewsNo9

I rather suspect that anyone we deal with will want something similar. The yanks will probably want some kind of horrific TTIP-on-speed deal granted unlimited access to to public services 'commissions' for the sort Efficient Private Sector companies we've served us so well in the field of prisons, waste disposal, and healthcare already.

For sure, as Trump shuts down existing 'Trade Agreements' he will need places to dump the substandard produce so any deal he wishes to have with the UK will be strongly in favour of America.
It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:57 - Jan 22 with 1139 viewsfactual_blue

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:34 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

Where is your evidence they are housing immigrants in preference to rough sleepers with mental health issues?

Are you taking into account the perennial situation that those with mental health issues (or alcoholism and drug addiction) often find it impossible to maintain living in hostels or provided housing, gravitating back to the streets again when they hit problems?

It used to be a standing instruction for officers of what was then DHSS to ask any people begging who represented themselves as ex-service personnel, get their details and pass the details on to the War Pensions people.

I don't think there is going to be any evidence that migrant families are cheating anybody, let alone former servicemen, out of housing. daily mail, sun or express headlines don't count as evidence.

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 16:05 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewsfactual_blue

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:28 - Jan 22 by pickles110564

Yet again hide from the facts.

Who is the biggest single investor in the UK? I will save you a guess he is not from the EU.
America invests more in our country then the EU.

Incorrect. Investment from just The Netherlands, France, Germany and Luxembourg exceeds that from the USA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/8504723/Who-invests-in-Britain-i

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 16:05 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewsNo9

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:28 - Jan 22 by pickles110564

Yet again hide from the facts.

Who is the biggest single investor in the UK? I will save you a guess he is not from the EU.
America invests more in our country then the EU.

I suggest you go and have a look at facts to see how much German companies have invested in the UK. Not only that, how many £ Bns the UK government has given to German companies since 2010.

& Don't worry about cars - much of what is in UK 'finished cars' comes in component form from Germany = RR, Bentley, Mini, Ford et al.

&, If the UK puts a tarriff on German cars they will just send them to the Uk from a country where our government is gagging to get a trade deal with.

& don't forge we need to Italians to provide parts for helicopters & the French to build our warships

Truth hurts
It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 18:14 - Jan 22 with 1088 viewsfactual_blue

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 19:35 - Jan 22 with 1055 viewseireblue

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:35 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

#gbyc means?

Get Behind Your Cheese, a slogan from the milk marketing board?
Login to get fewer ads

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 20:00 - Jan 22 with 1040 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 16:05 - Jan 22 by factual_blue

Incorrect. Investment from just The Netherlands, France, Germany and Luxembourg exceeds that from the USA.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/yourbusiness/8504723/Who-invests-in-Britain-i

I wouldn't worry too much about that changing when we leave the EU though. We're going to carry on flogging off our companies to overseas investors post-Brexit, whatever country they're from. It's all part of the plan to make us great again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 20:13 - Jan 22 with 1027 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm a massive inner but all these links from either side are pretty pointless. Anyone with an agenda can slant whatever they want when reporting something. Can't really believe that seemingly intellIigent people are still throwing mud about. I'm pretty tired of it all to be quite honest. Point scoring? Pointless? Same same.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 20:30 - Jan 22 with 1004 viewsWeWereZombies

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 20:13 - Jan 22 by Lord_Lucan

I'm a massive inner but all these links from either side are pretty pointless. Anyone with an agenda can slant whatever they want when reporting something. Can't really believe that seemingly intellIigent people are still throwing mud about. I'm pretty tired of it all to be quite honest. Point scoring? Pointless? Same same.

Would you like a link that has a picture of Boris in it instead?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/bank-of-england-financial-stability-survey-2016-11
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 20:31]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 958 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:25 - Jan 22 by BlueBadger

Yeah, who needs investors and employers when you can sell jam?

Bad for the environment though. What we really need is less people and negative growth
It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 22:11 - Jan 22 with 953 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

It's all going swimmingly ##19687543 on 15:34 - Jan 22 by Guthrum

Where is your evidence they are housing immigrants in preference to rough sleepers with mental health issues?

Are you taking into account the perennial situation that those with mental health issues (or alcoholism and drug addiction) often find it impossible to maintain living in hostels or provided housing, gravitating back to the streets again when they hit problems?

Migrants are granted housing in preference to people born here, the rationale being that they haven't had equal chances compared to the native pop and deserve more. I've been told that from two separate sources in different councils.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024