Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots 19:39 - Jan 22 with 1287 viewsStuartBrett8

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/lowestoft_protest_group_gathers_against_p

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 19:42 - Jan 22 with 1244 viewsGlasgowBlue

I see Facters was there holding a sign at the back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 19:44 - Jan 22 with 1251 viewsgtsb1966

If someone tries too shoot the president will his bodyguards shout " Donald Duck"?
I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:05 - Jan 22 with 1162 viewsconnorscontract

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 19:44 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

If someone tries too shoot the president will his bodyguards shout " Donald Duck"?

No, they'll be too busy looking for a local small-time crook to frame for what everyone will realise was an inside job.
I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:16 - Jan 22 with 1150 viewsHARRY10

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 19:44 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

I'm not sure how easy it would be to spot a bloke looking like the Tango man with a crop circle on his head

I don't think he will last long enough for a plot to be hatched either
I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:22 - Jan 22 with 1141 viewsJ2BLUE

People need to remember that Trump was elected by the people. Yes he lost the popular vote but that's not how their system works. It's how it should work but it's not how it works in reality.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:26 - Jan 22 with 1134 viewsBinner

We may mock but those people at least care sufficiently that they are prepared to go out and engage with others on political matters. For that I would compliment them...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:29 - Jan 22 with 1118 viewsconnorscontract

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:22 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

People need to remember that Trump was elected by the people. Yes he lost the popular vote but that's not how their system works. It's how it should work but it's not how it works in reality.

Nor ours, for that matter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_1951

"The subsequent Labour defeat was significant for several reasons: the party polled almost a quarter of a million votes more than the Conservatives and their National Liberal allies combined, won the most votes that Labour had ever won (and has ever won as of 2015) and won the most votes of any political party in any election in British political history, a record not surpassed until the Conservative Party's victory in 1992. Despite this, it was the Conservatives who formed the next government with a majority of 16. In addition, under the first past the post electoral system, Labour votes translated into increased majorities for MPs in safe seats, rather than into gaining new seats."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_general_election,_February_1974

"Although the incumbent Conservative government of Edward Heath polled the most votes by a small margin, the Conservatives were overtaken in terms of Commons seats by Harold Wilson's Labour Party due to a more efficiently-distributed Labour vote, and the decision by Ulster Unionist MPs not to take the Conservative whip."
I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:38 - Jan 22 with 1095 viewsDarth_Koont

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:22 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

That's the concern - people getting lied to repeatedly or not caring they're being lied to. I don't think it's "time to move on", more like time to draw a line.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:50 - Jan 22 with 1046 viewscaught-in-limbo

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:38 - Jan 22 by Darth_Koont

That's the concern - people getting lied to repeatedly or not caring they're being lied to. I don't think it's "time to move on", more like time to draw a line.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” - Edmund Burke

I agree we should draw a line under all the lies that our politicians tell us.
I agree with with the Edmund Burke quote you've posted.

Honest, unprovocative question here:

As a good man, what actions have you considered taking?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 00:41 - Jan 23 with 999 viewsDarth_Koont

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 23:50 - Jan 22 by caught-in-limbo

I agree we should draw a line under all the lies that our politicians tell us.
I agree with with the Edmund Burke quote you've posted.

Honest, unprovocative question here:

As a good man, what actions have you considered taking?

There's not much to "do" on this matter which is the real problem. I've volunteered and donated to more tangible causes like homelessness and child poverty. But what we believe and how we arrive at those beliefs is down to complicated social forces, and at the heart there's our political system and mainstream press. Not to mention how the majority of people think.

I suppose the hope is that by engaging people in discussion I can get a few people to at least question the status quo or think differently, as I have done when people have engaged with me.

It does seem as if more and more people are disillusioned with the level of political debate and the standards of reporting. Who knows? An ethical, balanced political party might even emerge that I can get properly involved with. Or some high-ranking journalists and major news providers will take a stand and start boycotting liars instead of courting "entertainers".
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 0:42]

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 00:57 - Jan 23 with 969 viewsjeera

I can see there's a sale on there too, but I can't quite make out the store...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 09:57 - Jan 23 with 813 viewsGeoffSentence

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 00:41 - Jan 23 by Darth_Koont

There's not much to "do" on this matter which is the real problem. I've volunteered and donated to more tangible causes like homelessness and child poverty. But what we believe and how we arrive at those beliefs is down to complicated social forces, and at the heart there's our political system and mainstream press. Not to mention how the majority of people think.

I suppose the hope is that by engaging people in discussion I can get a few people to at least question the status quo or think differently, as I have done when people have engaged with me.

It does seem as if more and more people are disillusioned with the level of political debate and the standards of reporting. Who knows? An ethical, balanced political party might even emerge that I can get properly involved with. Or some high-ranking journalists and major news providers will take a stand and start boycotting liars instead of courting "entertainers".
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 0:42]

What should one 'do' about a legitimate election?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 10:14 - Jan 23 with 764 viewsDarth_Koont

I expect Mr Trump is quaking in his boots on 09:57 - Jan 23 by GeoffSentence

What should one 'do' about a legitimate election?

Learn that legitimacy isn't just about the electoral numbers needed. It's also about standards we expect from our politicians and press coverage.

If the majority of people genuinely don't mind repeating the excesses, mistakes and lies of the Presidential election and Brexit referendum then that's fair enough. But I don't believe there's a majority who want that to be the accepted norm. But getting politicians and the press to change is the struggle because their own interests take precedence over those of the electorate and their markets, and because they've got a monopoly historically and due to the prohibitive cost of entry for new players.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024