Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these Trump threads 19:56 - Jan 22 with 5841 viewsGlasgowBlue

Meanwhile not a word on our Prime Minister being evasive on TV over whether she knew we had a Trident missile misfire last year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All these Trump threads on 20:09 - Jan 22 with 3250 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

You don't like her much from what I've seen GB do you?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

All these Trump threads on 20:09 - Jan 22 with 3245 viewsWeWereZombies

Good point, well made.

Although, depending on the date in June when this happened - which I haven't seen disclosed yet, I would have thought the responsibility for owning up was Fallon's as Defence Secretary or Cameron's rather than the then Home Secretary's.

Be interesting to know whether it landed at sea or whether the US had to 'take it out'.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

All these Trump threads on 20:34 - Jan 22 with 3197 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 20:09 - Jan 22 by The_Romford_Blue

She shows poor judgement at times.

The misfire happened on Cameron's watch. There is a majority in the commons from all sides to renew Trident so she would have had an easy ride had she been upfront about the misfire.

Now she has dug herself into a hole. Thankfuly Jezza will give her a hand to get out of it,

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 3181 viewsJ2BLUE

We only discuss issues involving major world players. Since the Brexit vote we've been a non factor and not worth getting upset about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All these Trump threads on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 3144 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 20:09 - Jan 22 by WeWereZombies

Good point, well made.

Although, depending on the date in June when this happened - which I haven't seen disclosed yet, I would have thought the responsibility for owning up was Fallon's as Defence Secretary or Cameron's rather than the then Home Secretary's.

Be interesting to know whether it landed at sea or whether the US had to 'take it out'.

I would imagine Fallon will be thrown overboard to take the heat of May being evasive.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 20:49]

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 20:55 - Jan 22 with 3096 viewsbluelagos

All these Trump threads on 20:47 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

I would imagine Fallon will be thrown overboard to take the heat of May being evasive.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 20:49]

Next reshuffle maybe sideways. But he is quite the attack dog and has his role come election time.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

All these Trump threads on 20:59 - Jan 22 with 3070 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 20:55 - Jan 22 by bluelagos

Next reshuffle maybe sideways. But he is quite the attack dog and has his role come election time.

A spell as chief whip will be the making of him.

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 2903 viewsWeWereZombies

Seems she was told about it on becoming PM (11/07/2016), but I think she could be excused for dealing with a few other issues at the time. Still, coming clean a week or so later might have headed off the fuss now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38714047
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 16:04]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

All these Trump threads on 16:05 - Jan 23 with 2878 viewsVic

Standard procedure is to not discuss our nuclear deterrent. This is Labour trying to make politic gain and playing with national security.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

All these Trump threads on 16:17 - Jan 23 with 2862 viewsTLA

These kind of posts are where my respect for your views come from GB. We may never vote the same way but I think you're always fair and prepared to pull up people on either side.
All these Trump threads on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 2850 viewsTollycobbold

Of course she knew. She just buys and sells weapons like the good little warmonger she is.
All these Trump threads on 16:21 - Jan 23 with 2841 viewsArcher4721

All these Trump threads on 20:09 - Jan 22 by The_Romford_Blue

He's a Gove Groupie what do you expect.
All these Trump threads on 16:23 - Jan 23 with 2830 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 16:02 - Jan 23 by WeWereZombies

Seems she was told about it on becoming PM (11/07/2016), but I think she could be excused for dealing with a few other issues at the time. Still, coming clean a week or so later might have headed off the fuss now:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38714047
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 16:04]

I think it was important for the HOC to know the full facts before voting. I doubt the vote would have been much different with a shambles of an opposition leader voting against his own party's agreed line.

As you say, it may have headed off the fuss now.

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 16:24 - Jan 23 with 2825 viewsArcher4721

All these Trump threads on 16:17 - Jan 23 by TLA

These kind of posts are where my respect for your views come from GB. We may never vote the same way but I think you're always fair and prepared to pull up people on either side.

Blimey!

You obviously don't get on here much then.
All these Trump threads on 16:24 - Jan 23 with 2824 viewsIpswichIrish

The tories have religiously spouted the sun, daily mail, daily express bile that Corbyn is a security threat, now they refuse to answer questions on something as serious as this. For the record, I think trident is absolutely useless, un-usable, and a toxic waste of money. The NHS is on it's knees and May, 100% unelected is itching to jet off and see that orange block of lard in the states, the pervo Trump. Pathetic
All these Trump threads on 16:25 - Jan 23 with 2824 viewsStokieBlue

Is it such a big deal though?

Every missile has a self-disrupt and it's clearly not happened before. Sometimes things go wrong.

As for May in general, I started off hopeful but I lose hope day by day with the way she is going about things. incredibly disappointing thus far.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All these Trump threads on 16:28 - Jan 23 with 2813 viewsITFC_Cotton

This is the reason they have tests for these missiles. The area they test the missiles in is large enough to allow for risks like this and as for no one finding out, the government will not disclose sensitive information about things like this.
All these Trump threads on 16:29 - Jan 23 with 2804 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

.. Because it's a Football forum?
All these Trump threads on 16:32 - Jan 23 with 2794 viewsblueislander

All these Trump threads on 16:25 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

Every missile has a self-disrupt and it's clearly not happened before. Sometimes things go wrong.

As for May in general, I started off hopeful but I lose hope day by day with the way she is going about things. incredibly disappointing thus far.

SB

It seems very muddled thinking on her part not to admit yesterday that she did know. There would have been a minor kerfuffle, but , given that the truth was bound to come out, she has made a molehill into a mountain.
In much the same way, it is oddt to me that Trump and histeam have made such a big deal of the attendance at the inauguration. I guess that is just an ego thing. If he reacts like this continually he is going to make even more enemies.
All these Trump threads on 16:33 - Jan 23 with 2791 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 16:24 - Jan 23 by IpswichIrish

The tories have religiously spouted the sun, daily mail, daily express bile that Corbyn is a security threat, now they refuse to answer questions on something as serious as this. For the record, I think trident is absolutely useless, un-usable, and a toxic waste of money. The NHS is on it's knees and May, 100% unelected is itching to jet off and see that orange block of lard in the states, the pervo Trump. Pathetic

You keep peddling this line that she is unelected. That's clearly nonsense.

She was elected by her constituents to serve as a member of parliament. As a member of parliament she has every right to lead her party if she receives enough nominations.

As the country voted in a Conservative government at the last general election she, as leader of the Conservative party, has a mandate to run the country.

It may be of interest for you to know that in the past 100 years, half of our Prime Ministers have reached their position without winning a general election.

Most recently the list includes Jim Callaghan, John Major and Gordon Brown.

Our greatest Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill, became PM without having to win a general election.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 16:35]

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 2779 viewsArcher4721

All these Trump threads on 16:25 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

SB

Of course it's a big deal.

This happened just before the vote in Parliament on renewing Trident.
All these Trump threads on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 2775 viewsBackToRussia

All these Trump threads on 16:33 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

You keep peddling this line that she is unelected. That's clearly nonsense.

She was elected by her constituents to serve as a member of parliament. As a member of parliament she has every right to lead her party if she receives enough nominations.

As the country voted in a Conservative government at the last general election she, as leader of the Conservative party, has a mandate to run the country.

It may be of interest for you to know that in the past 100 years, half of our Prime Ministers have reached their position without winning a general election.

Most recently the list includes Jim Callaghan, John Major and Gordon Brown.

Our greatest Prime Minister, Sir Winston Churchill, became PM without having to win a general election.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 16:35]

Didn't you bang on about Brown being unelected the whole time he was PM?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

All these Trump threads on 16:37 - Jan 23 with 2750 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 16:35 - Jan 23 by Archer4721

So what's your point?

You cancel something based on one failure rather than far more numerous successes? Surely the argument against Trident was a moral rather than technical one in the house?

Muddled thinking.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All these Trump threads on 16:38 - Jan 23 with 2740 viewsTLA

All these Trump threads on 16:24 - Jan 23 by Archer4721

Blimey!

You obviously don't get on here much then.

I'm on here a lot Archer; have been for years.
All these Trump threads on 16:39 - Jan 23 with 2731 viewsblueislander

All these Trump threads on 16:35 - Jan 23 by Archer4721

The vote on Trident was overwhelming . It is difficult to believe that it would have been different had parliament been told of the failed test. Not that I would defend the decision not to announce it though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024