Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All these Trump threads 19:56 - Jan 22 with 5843 viewsGlasgowBlue

Meanwhile not a word on our Prime Minister being evasive on TV over whether she knew we had a Trident missile misfire last year.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

All these Trump threads on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 1296 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 16:58 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

It's not a deterrent though is it? It's a weapon.
You only need weapons if you attack. We do a lot of that. I don't appreciate it being done with my tax money and in my name.

Please define what you think a deterrent is then?

Usually it's some form to do the same damage to the perpetrator that you suffered, usually that involves a weapon of some form, be it military, political, social or economical.

I would argue that as a deterrent it has worked incredibly well over the last 70 years. Nobody with them has ever gone to war against each other because the consequences are so great. Hence, an excellent deterrent.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

All these Trump threads on 17:13 - Jan 23 with 1296 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 17:08 - Jan 23 by ITFC_Cotton

Of course it's a deterrent, us having Trident stops countries that also have nuclear weapons from trying anything. Better to have it and not need it than to not have it and need it.

Why would you nuke somewhere? If you wanted to take it over nuking it is retarded at best as the land would uninhabitable for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Secondly , if you don't go round upsetting other countries by bombing them and looting them, they tend not to pick fights.
All these Trump threads on 17:24 - Jan 23 with 1270 viewsITFC_Cotton

All these Trump threads on 17:13 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Why would you nuke somewhere? If you wanted to take it over nuking it is retarded at best as the land would uninhabitable for hundreds if not thousands of years.
Secondly , if you don't go round upsetting other countries by bombing them and looting them, they tend not to pick fights.

It's not a case of nuking somewhere it's a case of if only one country had them then they would be free to bully the rest of the world knowing that ultimately they could win any war.

Obviously in a perfect world no one would want them to exist but we don't live in that world. Russia will never give them up therefore it falls to the US and UK to respond with the same attitude in order to provide a deterrent.

Do you think the US would have bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WW2 if Japan could have responded with the same? No and that's why a deterrent is always needed.
All these Trump threads on 17:25 - Jan 23 with 1268 viewsThe_Last_Baron

All these Trump threads on 20:40 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

We only discuss issues involving major world players. Since the Brexit vote we've been a non factor and not worth getting upset about.

The PM was right to be evasive.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

All these Trump threads on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 1259 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 17:25 - Jan 23 by The_Last_Baron

The PM was right to be evasive.

Not on whether she knew or not. The information was in the public domain.

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 1253 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 17:24 - Jan 23 by ITFC_Cotton

It's not a case of nuking somewhere it's a case of if only one country had them then they would be free to bully the rest of the world knowing that ultimately they could win any war.

Obviously in a perfect world no one would want them to exist but we don't live in that world. Russia will never give them up therefore it falls to the US and UK to respond with the same attitude in order to provide a deterrent.

Do you think the US would have bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki in WW2 if Japan could have responded with the same? No and that's why a deterrent is always needed.

Russia will never give them up? I think USA are far worse for that then the Russians ever will be.

It doesn't take Einstein to realise that the biggest bullies in teh world are the Americans, abley followed around by the UK and Israel.
All these Trump threads on 17:29 - Jan 23 with 1245 viewsfeelingblue

All these Trump threads on 16:47 - Jan 23 by IpswichIrish

Greatest ever PM
Resume
Gassed kurds
Starved Indians
Sent 10,000 soldiers with machine guns to hound Scots
Never believed in democracy
Loathed the poor
Hated by the working class
Unleashed black and tan terrorists on the Irish
Outclassed by de Valera

I think Churchill's career was mostly a disaster, but you are being a bit silly.

Never believed in Democracy? Read this carefully.

'Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…'

And how on earth was he outclassed by the appalling de Valera?
All these Trump threads on 17:30 - Jan 23 with 1234 viewsITFC_Cotton

All these Trump threads on 17:27 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Russia will never give them up? I think USA are far worse for that then the Russians ever will be.

It doesn't take Einstein to realise that the biggest bullies in teh world are the Americans, abley followed around by the UK and Israel.

I think you need to read some history books before you start commenting on these sorts of posts, if you did you'd learn that pacifism has never been helpful to any country that believes in it.
Login to get fewer ads

All these Trump threads on 17:37 - Jan 23 with 1220 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 17:30 - Jan 23 by ITFC_Cotton

I think you need to read some history books before you start commenting on these sorts of posts, if you did you'd learn that pacifism has never been helpful to any country that believes in it.

And I think you need to stop looking backwards and look forwards. Clearly all wars have had fabulous outcomes.
All these Trump threads on 17:39 - Jan 23 with 1213 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 17:37 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

And I think you need to stop looking backwards and look forwards. Clearly all wars have had fabulous outcomes.

In the last few years and continuing Russia have annexed Crimea and interfered in Eastern Ukraine. They have also been bombing Syria.

Nothing to see here then.

SB

All these Trump threads on 17:42 - Jan 23 with 1205 viewsITFC_Cotton

All these Trump threads on 17:37 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

So you'd rather be living under Nazi occupation? Clearly you don't have a clue on how the real world works.
All these Trump threads on 17:44 - Jan 23 with 1193 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 17:39 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

In the last few years and continuing Russia have annexed Crimea and interfered in Eastern Ukraine. They have also been bombing Syria.

Nothing to see here then.

SB

That would be Crimea that the US had moved to control? Syria that that America started.

I say America, I mean of course the controllers of their federal reserve, but essentially America.

I'd get off here and research the world a bit more.
All these Trump threads on 17:57 - Jan 23 with 1170 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 17:44 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

That would be Crimea that the US had moved to control? Syria that that America started.

I say America, I mean of course the controllers of their federal reserve, but essentially America.

I'm struggling to see how America started the Syrian conflict.

The people in Syria, like a lot of middle eastern and north African countries were part of the Arab Spring.

Unfortunately for the people of Syria, Assad decided he was going nowhere and unleashed chemical weapons on innocent women and children.

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 17:59 - Jan 23 with 1165 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 17:57 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I'm struggling to see how America started the Syrian conflict.

The people in Syria, like a lot of middle eastern and north African countries were part of the Arab Spring.

Unfortunately for the people of Syria, Assad decided he was going nowhere and unleashed chemical weapons on innocent women and children.

Oh and that happened completely organically?

Keep drinking the water.
All these Trump threads on 18:03 - Jan 23 with 1156 viewsGlasgowBlue

All these Trump threads on 17:59 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Oh and that happened completely organically?

Keep drinking the water.

So you object to ordinary people rising up against brutal dictators do you?

Iron Lion Zion

All these Trump threads on 18:09 - Jan 23 with 1150 viewsWeWereZombies

All these Trump threads on 17:29 - Jan 23 by feelingblue

I think Churchill's career was mostly a disaster, but you are being a bit silly.

'Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…'

I like the Churchill quote on democracy a lot and it's one that should be remembered every time we get exasperated with our form of government. However, Churchill was no supporter of universal suffrage - he regarded the Atlantic Charter (a precursor to the United Nations and a counterpart to Roosevelt's Four Freedoms) as only applying to the white races. We can say he was a product of his time but if we use that excuse then there is no progress. Arthur Lee would have had even fewer freedoms...

I think the'outclassed by de Valera' jibe comes from one exchange that included:

if Germany had won the war and occupied England for a number of years, finally giving freedom to England with the exception of six southern counties, would Churchill be prepared to “lead this partitioned England to join with Germany in a crusade...”
http://www.rte.ie/archives/exhibitions/681-history-of-rte/684-rte-1940s/289798-e

But, yes, de Valera was generally on the back foot when dealing with Churchill - he didn't have the forces that Britain had, especially when 50,000 of his citizens had gone to fight for the Allies...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

All these Trump threads on 18:22 - Jan 23 with 1128 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 17:44 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Wow.

You've gone full pazelle there.

Russia obviously blameless. How about South Ossetia's annexation from Georgia? Also the US fault?

SB
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 18:23]

All these Trump threads on 18:54 - Jan 23 with 1089 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 18:03 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

So you object to ordinary people rising up against brutal dictators do you?

Amazing how many of these people rise up once encouraged to by certain groups, groups that later it appears are funded by George Soros and so very often in countries that don't use US petro dollars. Amazing coincidence.
All these Trump threads on 18:56 - Jan 23 with 1082 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 18:54 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Amazing how many of these people rise up once encouraged to by certain groups, groups that later it appears are funded by George Soros and so very often in countries that don't use US petro dollars. Amazing coincidence.

Oil is traded in USD so not really sure what you point is.

Syria also has less oil than the UK so your point is seeming less valid the more you go on.

SB

All these Trump threads on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 1069 viewsTollycobbold

All these Trump threads on 18:56 - Jan 23 by StokieBlue

Oil is traded in USD so not really sure what you point is.

Syria also has less oil than the UK so your point is seeming less valid the more you go on.

SB

For all your intelligence, you are actually remarkably uninformed. Bless you in your stockholm syndrome of ignorance.
All these Trump threads on 19:01 - Jan 23 with 1049 viewsIpswichIrish

All these Trump threads on 17:29 - Jan 23 by feelingblue

How was de Valera 'appalling'
Like the great James Connolly said 'we serve king nor Kaiser but Ireland'

I'm glad the Nazis were defeated, obviously, but Ireland being neutral is fine by me, we were and are a tiny country oppressed for 700+years by the British crown, so why should we have supported Churchill's warmongering?
All these Trump threads on 19:06 - Jan 23 with 1024 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 18:57 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

For all your intelligence, you are actually remarkably uninformed. Bless you in your stockholm syndrome of ignorance.

Many thanks.

You were discussing Syria specifically. What part of what I said was incorrect? The UK does have more oil reserves than Syria and internationally oil is traded in USD by everyone except a very few individual deals between countries.

Not really sure you can use stockholm syndrome in that context, it doesn't really work.

Interested to hear more about your Soros theories though so please enlighten me.

SB

All these Trump threads on 19:12 - Jan 23 with 1017 viewsIpswichIrish

Trident is a a c0ck extender for little Englander warmongers. Like my grandad on my mammys side, who was in the royal navy, used to say, you'll never see a trigger happy MP in an army uniform. The issue with nukes for me, is how come Iran, who haven't got them are not allowed them, but Israel can have them, and the fat orange lard Trump and far right neocons say Iran are 'a threat' who have Iran ever invaded? what have they ever done to Britain? Israel who are allowed nukes, but deny they have them, exposed by Christian whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu, have broken more international laws than anyone and are supported, it stinks of hypocrisy
All these Trump threads on 19:25 - Jan 23 with 991 viewsBOjK

She continues to remind me of Gordon Brown, a man paralysed as leader by indecision and caution.

Of course he was also facing a dynamic leader of the opposition who was an excellent communicator.

May faces Jeremy Corbyn.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

All these Trump threads on 10:11 - Jan 24 with 881 viewsStokieBlue

All these Trump threads on 18:54 - Jan 23 by Tollycobbold

Still waiting to be enlightened on the George Soros connection to all this.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024