Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... 21:07 - Jan 22 with 1124 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...there's been no left option for decades, just neoliberalism, whatever that's ment to be ! John Pilger

http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/01/17/the-issue-is-not-trump-it-is-us/

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:10 - Jan 22 with 1098 viewsJ2BLUE

How can you be a debt slave when debt is optional?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:21]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:20 - Jan 22 with 1072 viewsGlasgowBlue

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:10 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

You got a down vote from Cotty for pointing out the bleeding obvious.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:20 - Jan 22 with 1077 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This one is pretty good too... Plato, democracy and tyranny.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 1047 viewsJ2BLUE

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:20 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sure he has his reasons.

Truly impaired.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 1043 viewsGlasgowBlue

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:20 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

This one is pretty good too... Plato, democracy and tyranny.

Do you think the royal family are lizzards?

Iron Lion Zion

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 1038 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:10 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

All money is created from the issuance and servicing of debt .... well97% anyway.

http://positivemoney.org/how-money-works/how-banks-create-money/
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:27]

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 1025 viewsJ2BLUE

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

All money is created from the issuance and servicing of debt .... well97% anyway.

http://positivemoney.org/how-money-works/how-banks-create-money/
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:27]

Fair point. Have you seen hidden secrets of money by Mike Maloney?

Truly impaired.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:28 - Jan 22 with 1006 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

No but I think you must be a very fast reader !....Do lizards watch newsnight then or something you superhero you!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 21:32]

Login to get fewer ads

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:33 - Jan 22 with 977 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:26 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Fair point. Have you seen hidden secrets of money by Mike Maloney?

No

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:35 - Jan 22 with 959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

No but I do think Ch5 should make a benefits scroungers programme about them !

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:37 - Jan 22 with 946 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:20 - Jan 22 by GlasgowBlue

Not so "bleeding obvious " after all then !

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:45 - Jan 22 with 924 viewsGlasgowBlue

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:37 - Jan 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not so "bleeding obvious " after all then !

I take issue with this part of the article;

“for the first time in two centuries, there is no eminent British poet, playwright or novelist prepared to question the foundations of the western way of life”.

No Shelley speaks for the poor, no Blake for utopian dreams, no Byron damns the corruption of the ruling class, no Thomas Carlyle and John Ruskin reveal the moral disaster of capitalism. William Morris, Oscar Wilde, HG Wells, George Bernard Shaw have no equivalents today. Harold Pinter was the last to raise his voice.

Taking aside the fact that the likes of HG Wells and George Bernard Shaw had particularly Hitleresque views on the poor, black and disabled members of our society, has Pilger not heard of Russell Brand?

Iron Lion Zion

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:59 - Jan 22 with 889 viewsCotty

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:25 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

I'm sure he has his reasons.

Indeed I do. You seem to be completely disconnected from/ignorant of those in society for whom debt is often not an "option".

But still. Let's hope Sterling tanks a bit more, eh?
Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 856 viewsJ2BLUE

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 21:59 - Jan 22 by Cotty

Indeed I do. You seem to be completely disconnected from/ignorant of those in society for whom debt is often not an "option".

But still. Let's hope Sterling tanks a bit more, eh?

I have debt. I was just making the point that in theory it is possible to not take out credit cards, to rent instead of buy a home and invest in income producing assets for retirement.

Yes that would be great. One to one with the EUR would be wonderful.

I'm getting bored of you replying to me as if i'm some sort of selfish idiot to be honest. I used to really dislike you because you were smug and arrogant. Then you changed for a good few years. Keep it up and soon I won't even see your replies.

Truly impaired.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 834 viewsCotty

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:06 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

I have debt. I was just making the point that in theory it is possible to not take out credit cards, to rent instead of buy a home and invest in income producing assets for retirement.

Yes that would be great. One to one with the EUR would be wonderful.

I'm getting bored of you replying to me as if i'm some sort of selfish idiot to be honest. I used to really dislike you because you were smug and arrogant. Then you changed for a good few years. Keep it up and soon I won't even see your replies.

The day that we cannot accept people challenging our views any longer, is the day that we should challenge those views ourselves. Goodnight.
Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:18 - Jan 22 with 827 viewsJ2BLUE

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:16 - Jan 22 by Cotty

The day that we cannot accept people challenging our views any longer, is the day that we should challenge those views ourselves. Goodnight.

Challenge my views? That's all i've had for the last 6 months and I have no problem with that. The manner you and 1-2 others do it is grating. Especially when you ignore my explanations and keep going.

Truly impaired.

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:41 - Jan 22 with 791 viewsGlasgowBlue

Food for thought for the politicos amongst us (so everyone)...... on 22:16 - Jan 22 by Cotty

"The day that we cannot accept people challenging our views any longer, is the day that we should challenge those views ourselves. Goodnight."

Arf!

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024