Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s game today. 22:51 - Jan 22 with 865 viewsFather_Jack

Went down to Prenton Park as it's my local ground. Bloke at the turnstile asked me if I was "an adult or a senior citizen". I decided against decking him and instead went for the senior citizen concession, getting in for £1. When I said something about good value he said "you have to pay to get out of this stadium". Those scousers eh?

Liverpool gave Matip and Moreno a run-out - Gomez, Ojo, Woodburn and Stewart were also names I recognised. We lined up 4-5-1 with Bishop trying to support Morris from midfield. Mick not present.

Pattern was Liverpool probing with Town trying to hit on the counter - generally not particularly effectively. No hoofball in sight - Liverpool played a pressing game and we tried to play out in intricate little triangles. Heartening I suppose, but also heart-stopping. All goals came from fairly calamitous defending - a tendency in particular not to clear when several opportunities to do so presented themselves. For the second the ball rebounded out of the area to Adam McDonnell who decided to head it back IN to an unsuspecting centre half - bounced of him to the centre forward.

Noteworthy performances from Monty Patterson who caused problems every time he had the ball (which in fairness wasn't that often), and Luke Wolfenden who marshalled Ojo pretty well and whose height was useful when we went a bit more direct in the second half.

Bishop looked rusty - kept dribbling into people and then falling over. Had our only shot on target though. I'm not sure if Ben Morris had a kick the whole game. Bit of a day off for Matip.

Sorry Mullers - I'm not as good at this as you.

Less is more.

U23s game today. on 23:29 - Jan 22 with 740 viewscoolcat

Useful to read. I follow all the Academy games. Interesting it was in Prenton Park as I was born in the Prenton area myself (been gone too long to form any attachment to the area).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024