Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for NFL fans on here 09:56 - Jan 23 with 4347 viewsStenvict

What makes you pick a certain team?

I have to admit I have no interest in the sport at all, and struggle to see how some can simply pick a team at random and claim to be a supporter. It's like when I see a huge amount of Chinese people sporting Leicester City tops, simply because they won the Premier League last year, likewise with all the other big teams.

Obviously I get that the NFL has a draft every year to make it a more level playing field, so you can't really be a glory hunter, but the love I have for ITFC, I could never have for a team that in all likelihood I will never see live.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:45 - Jan 23 with 1841 viewshype313

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:19 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

This is precisely why I don't support an NFL term. It would never feel like Ipswich. I just like NFL and like certain teams but don't support any. I have decent claims to Packers and Patriots but it has never felt natural to nail my colours to their mast.

I don't mean to pick on Rommers but I think it said a lot when, just after seeing his team win their Championship and progress to the Super Bowl, he said 'It was great to see a trophy being lifted. Unfortunately that joy is only 0.00000001% of the joy id get to see ipswich lift a trophy'.

I really enjoy NFL these days having vilified it for years because I didn't understand it, however, I haven't found any real affinity for any particular team and not sure if I will tbh, I just enjoy watching the games.

I'm obviously a big town fan and a huge Wasps fan being mad into my Rugby, but I have links to both of those clubs, whereas I have noting with any NFL team.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:50 - Jan 23 with 1830 viewsmonytowbray

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:57 - Jan 23 by hype313

Thought that Chester Bennington link was bunkem in the end.

Excuse the pun...

There's photo evidence of it!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:59 - Jan 23 with 1812 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:19 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

This is precisely why I don't support an NFL term. It would never feel like Ipswich. I just like NFL and like certain teams but don't support any. I have decent claims to Packers and Patriots but it has never felt natural to nail my colours to their mast.

I don't mean to pick on Rommers but I think it said a lot when, just after seeing his team win their Championship and progress to the Super Bowl, he said 'It was great to see a trophy being lifted. Unfortunately that joy is only 0.00000001% of the joy id get to see ipswich lift a trophy'.

I stand by that comment

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Question for NFL fans on here on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 1796 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Question for NFL fans on here on 12:40 - Jan 23 by TMWWNGAS

Falcons for me, I cant get into a sport unless I follow a team, so after the superbowl, 6 years ago I decided to get into it, so asked my American mate at work who he followed and as he was Falcon, I adopted them!

Good choice! The Falcons are going to be in with a shout of the SB for many years with a top QB, good young defence and loads of weapons on the offence.

Good luck in the Superbowl!

Btw, the Packers supporters are more fickle than Town fans. Didn't make it to the Superbowl and now they want everyone sacked! They should try supporting

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Question for NFL fans on here on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 1772 viewsbritbiker

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:45 - Jan 23 by hype313

I really enjoy NFL these days having vilified it for years because I didn't understand it, however, I haven't found any real affinity for any particular team and not sure if I will tbh, I just enjoy watching the games.

I'm obviously a big town fan and a huge Wasps fan being mad into my Rugby, but I have links to both of those clubs, whereas I have noting with any NFL team.

You may have soon as the London franchise is looking highly likely. Just waiting to see whether it will be Wembley or Tottenhams new stadium. Its a totally different atmosphere. When you go to Wembley you will see fans and shirts from every team all joining in the fun.
Question for NFL fans on here on 15:23 - Jan 23 with 1769 viewsbritbiker

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:04 - Jan 23 by hammo56

Was living in the States at the time and have been a Jets fan since Broadway Joe guaranteed victory against the Colts (Baltimore) before Super Bowl 111.

I see Donald trump has just selected tge jets owner as a special envoy to u k.
Question for NFL fans on here on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 1769 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:30 - Jan 23 by IpswichChris

No. But I live "up the road" so to speak, and have driven by it may times throughout the construction process.

So I sort of know, you know?

Does look like it is going to be pretty good.
Question for NFL fans on here on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 1767 viewsitfcjoe

Generally it's not just random choice - although some people's reasoning will seem random at times there will always be a thought process behind it.

And nowadays it is easier to see your team live with the London games and cheaper travel etc and so easy to follow it with likes of Twitter, Game Pass, Sky Sports etc and I've seen the Vikings both in London and the US, and will again in London this year.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Question for NFL fans on here on 15:50 - Jan 23 with 1714 viewsIpswichChris

Question for NFL fans on here on 15:26 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

Generally it's not just random choice - although some people's reasoning will seem random at times there will always be a thought process behind it.

And nowadays it is easier to see your team live with the London games and cheaper travel etc and so easy to follow it with likes of Twitter, Game Pass, Sky Sports etc and I've seen the Vikings both in London and the US, and will again in London this year.

Interesting that it is the reverse over here in the US really.

Of course the clubs that play here seem to have more fans here - no surprise there.

Over the last few years Charlotte has hosted:
Bayern v Inter
Chelsea v PSG
Liverpool v (I forget.. didn't make this one) edit: AC Milan
Mexico v Trinidad and Tobago
Mexico v Iceland

I obviously don't care about any of these clubs, but it is still nice to see a match from time to time. I do some traveling to catch international matches across the country as well.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 15:52]
Question for NFL fans on here on 16:48 - Jan 23 with 1657 viewswitchdoctor

Question for NFL fans on here on 15:50 - Jan 23 by IpswichChris

Interesting that it is the reverse over here in the US really.

Of course the clubs that play here seem to have more fans here - no surprise there.

Over the last few years Charlotte has hosted:
Bayern v Inter
Chelsea v PSG
Liverpool v (I forget.. didn't make this one) edit: AC Milan
Mexico v Trinidad and Tobago
Mexico v Iceland

I obviously don't care about any of these clubs, but it is still nice to see a match from time to time. I do some traveling to catch international matches across the country as well.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 15:52]

do you live in Charlotte itself Chris?...I only ask as I have family in Shelby and was over there in October
Question for NFL fans on here on 17:07 - Jan 23 with 1634 viewsIpswichChris

Question for NFL fans on here on 16:48 - Jan 23 by witchdoctor

do you live in Charlotte itself Chris?...I only ask as I have family in Shelby and was over there in October

Concord, a suburb of Charlotte, yes.

Next time you are around let me know and we can grab a drink if you have the free time. Don't get to talk with many other Town supporters locally (read: none).

By the way, ever watch "Eastbound & Down"? One of Shelby's claims to fame I'd say lol
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 17:08]
Question for NFL fans on here on 17:51 - Jan 23 with 1610 viewsbrogansnose

49'ers on the back of my American uncle coming from there and supporting them coupled with when NFL first came on UK tv Joe Montana was the QB who was magnificent. The boy supports the Viking because we knew a wonderful American bloke who came from Minnesota and supported them and it rubbed off. The boy is more into supporting the Vikings then Towen these days and certainly gets more upset when they lose.

Personally I quite like being pretty much neutral and enjoying the games as such and its made easier because I don't hate clubs like I do over here with football. The rivalries don't sink in.
Question for NFL fans on here on 17:57 - Jan 23 with 1603 viewsTractorCam

I picked the Pittsburgh Steelers when i was a youngster after my dad took me to the first nfl match at the new wembley, i just looked in the programme and picked a team based off a badge I like

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Question for NFL fans on here on 18:01 - Jan 23 with 1593 viewsJakeITFC

I picked the NY Giants because they played in blue, had TIKI Barber and I was 12 years old and liked playing with them on Madden. I've followed them since but really started supporting them when I was about 16 as a few other kids at school were into it. Now I watch every game I can and follow as much as possible, which has become much easier since the rise of twitter.

I've never been to New York, but hope to remedy that soon.
Question for NFL fans on here on 18:09 - Jan 23 with 1574 viewsunbelievablue

Same reason I love ITFC I guess: my Dad (who himself had family connections).

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Question for NFL fans on here on 18:22 - Jan 23 with 1565 viewsunbelievablue

I think the base assumption that "someone can simply pick a team at random and claim to be a supporter" is not representative.

In the genuine cases of that which you describe, I tend to agree, to an extent.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Question for NFL fans on here on 20:18 - Jan 23 with 1517 viewsGogs

Broncos: Horse emblem; colours of blue, white (& orange)
Jaguars: seen them at wembley twice, they're sh!t but they've won both games i've seen, and I like their black/teal shirts too
Question for NFL fans on here on 20:20 - Jan 23 with 1510 viewsIpswich1984

NYC was the 1st place I went to in the US so decided to go with one of the teams, Giants were the obvious choice as they wear the colours of ITFC.

Poll: Should there be a lap of honour after the Sheffield United game?

Question for NFL fans on here on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 1488 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Question for NFL fans on here on 17:07 - Jan 23 by IpswichChris

Concord, a suburb of Charlotte, yes.

Next time you are around let me know and we can grab a drink if you have the free time. Don't get to talk with many other Town supporters locally (read: none).

By the way, ever watch "Eastbound & Down"? One of Shelby's claims to fame I'd say lol
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 17:08]

Kenny f*cking Powers

There's no I in team, but there is a u in c*nt so none of you's be c*nts, yeah?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Question for NFL fans on here on 20:37 - Jan 23 with 1481 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Packers as liked playing as them on Madden and loved Favre

We'll not mention last night

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Question for NFL fans on here on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 1452 views3_5_2

When the NFL was on C4 ( Mick luckhurst etc) I admit to liking the Dolphins.

However I saw a program about the packers and the fact they operate in the way they do ( frozen north, major city employer, massive 100% local fan base) I follow them

Gutted about last night but Rogers is a total star
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 21:12]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Question for NFL fans on here on 21:57 - Jan 23 with 1430 viewschristiand

Do you watch the america's game documentaries Stenvict? I love these, really enjoy listening to the key player's views about their run to winning the super bowl.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024