Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for NFL fans on here 09:56 - Jan 23 with 4348 viewsStenvict

What makes you pick a certain team?

I have to admit I have no interest in the sport at all, and struggle to see how some can simply pick a team at random and claim to be a supporter. It's like when I see a huge amount of Chinese people sporting Leicester City tops, simply because they won the Premier League last year, likewise with all the other big teams.

Obviously I get that the NFL has a draft every year to make it a more level playing field, so you can't really be a glory hunter, but the love I have for ITFC, I could never have for a team that in all likelihood I will never see live.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Question for NFL fans on here on 10:04 - Jan 23 with 2480 viewsTIB

My old man is from Maine which makes me eligible to support the Pats. Although a lad at my work recently felt left out as he didn't follow a team so we put all the teams in a hat and he got to pick one out that he would then support...he pulled out the Jaguars and ditched them when he knew they were dogs*t.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Question for NFL fans on here on 10:08 - Jan 23 with 2471 viewsmonytowbray

Cards. Based on Chester Bennington being an Ipswich supporter from Arizona. So I'm now a Cards fan from Suffolk.

Lose connection, but all I had to go on.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Question for NFL fans on here on 10:17 - Jan 23 with 2442 viewstok2000

Vikings, purely because it was the first team I watched when younger. Then with all other American sports I stick to Minnesota, feels like you have a connection to the area for some reason.
Question for NFL fans on here on 10:22 - Jan 23 with 2420 viewspoppiesman

I chose the Washington Redskins about 25 years ago, purely based on the fact I loved their badge and the name Redskins.
But since then I have followed them avidly, used to belong to the Redskins UK Supporters Club until it disbanded two years ago.
And was gutted when they just failed to reach the play offs this season.
Question for NFL fans on here on 10:25 - Jan 23 with 2414 viewsCaptainObvious

I love it when they say they "support" Houston Rednecks or whoever despite never having even set foot in the place.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 11:58]

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Question for NFL fans on here (n/t) on 11:16 - Jan 23 with 2348 viewsbritbiker

Question for NFL fans on here on 10:25 - Jan 23 by CaptainObvious

I love it when they say they "support" Houston Rednecks or whoever despite never having even set foot in the place.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 11:58]

Question for NFL fans on here (n/t) on 11:32 - Jan 23 with 2326 viewsbritbiker

Question for NFL fans on here (n/t) on 11:16 - Jan 23 by britbiker

Why not, maybe a "fan" would be a more suitable term or follower. I think supporter is better suited to someone who puts money into a team either by purchasing tickets or buying direct from the company ( team. Franchise). I follow and have an interest in the results etc of fortuna dussledorf, purely because of their connection to ipswich and they are also underdogs. Just because I havnt been there doesn't meen I can't have an interest in them. If I eventually get the chance to go to Germany I would try to fit a game of theirs into the schedule.

With regards to nfl, I played for colchester gladiators for many years in the 1980"s and nominated the raiders as my team as they were rubbish at the time. I have since been to see them play. I now also follow the jags as they are also rubbish and they are a nominated home team at Wembley each year. I will always follow an underdog such as ipswich in the hope of the odd year when everything comes good
Question for NFL fans on here on 11:35 - Jan 23 with 2311 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Seahawks..

My incredibly tenuous link is that I have some distant family in the Vancouver area (who support the Seahawks)
Login to get fewer ads

Question for NFL fans on here on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 2285 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I have no links to falcons but when asked have always said Falcons fan. This is our year.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Question for NFL fans on here on 11:58 - Jan 23 with 2242 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Question for NFL fans on here on 11:45 - Jan 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I have no links to falcons but when asked have always said Falcons fan. This is our year.

i think u maybe right

i hope last night wasn't a peak performance.
Question for NFL fans on here on 12:11 - Jan 23 with 2219 viewsBehindBlueEyes

Packers - because they were the first game shown on Channel 4 in 1982 and came back from 23-0 down at half time to win. Had to support them after that, been following them ever since.

Could've done with a second half revival like that last night!

Blog: Kundai Benyu – The Golden Shot?

Question for NFL fans on here on 12:40 - Jan 23 with 2159 viewsTMWWNGAS

Question for NFL fans on here on 12:11 - Jan 23 by BehindBlueEyes

Packers - because they were the first game shown on Channel 4 in 1982 and came back from 23-0 down at half time to win. Had to support them after that, been following them ever since.

Could've done with a second half revival like that last night!

Falcons for me, I cant get into a sport unless I follow a team, so after the superbowl, 6 years ago I decided to get into it, so asked my American mate at work who he followed and as he was Falcon, I adopted them!
Question for NFL fans on here on 13:38 - Jan 23 with 2100 viewsBlueRaider

First match I saw was Raiders v Packers. Packers wear green and yellow, so Raiders for me

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:50 - Jan 23 with 2081 viewsBlue_Order

Raiders, cause they've the coolest badge and colours.

Don't really follow it though, but I do the NBA. Portland's my team cause one of my best mates is from there and supports them. He sends me Blazers gear over. Hoping to get out there for a game in the next few years.
Question for NFL fans on here on 13:55 - Jan 23 with 2067 viewschristiand

Dallas Cowboys. Used to see their stadium on the credits of Dallas (TV programme), used to love the kit and the lone star symbol. When I got into American football during the 80s it was being shown on channel 4 and we were pretty terrible, until Jerry Jones bought them and appointed Jimmy Johnson- now they were a team for a couple of seasons - I was hooked!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:56 - Jan 23 with 2058 viewsKeno

Dolphins cos i liked the style of play when I started watching in the '80s

May have been the packers had they not played in daft colours

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 2054 viewsBOjK

When I was a lad and American football was on TV for the first time I plumped for the Dolphins on the grounds that I liked their name.

Now I keep an eye on the Cowboys having visited their (hugely impressive) stadium a couple of years ago.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:57 - Jan 23 with 2053 viewshype313

Question for NFL fans on here on 10:08 - Jan 23 by monytowbray

Cards. Based on Chester Bennington being an Ipswich supporter from Arizona. So I'm now a Cards fan from Suffolk.

Lose connection, but all I had to go on.

Thought that Chester Bennington link was bunkem in the end.

Excuse the pun...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:04 - Jan 23 with 2045 viewshammo56

Was living in the States at the time and have been a Jets fan since Broadway Joe guaranteed victory against the Colts (Baltimore) before Super Bowl 111.
Question for NFL fans on here on 14:11 - Jan 23 with 2023 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Question for NFL fans on here on 13:57 - Jan 23 by BOjK

When I was a lad and American football was on TV for the first time I plumped for the Dolphins on the grounds that I liked their name.

Now I keep an eye on the Cowboys having visited their (hugely impressive) stadium a couple of years ago.

Amazing what money will buy. I do like it and it's a good atmosphre for a game. Art galleries in all. There are better stadiums in the league now though
Question for NFL fans on here on 14:14 - Jan 23 with 2012 viewsIpswichChris

I live in the US (specifically, Charlotte, home of the Panthers) and am not that into it - never have been.

My family back home in Ipswich follow the 49ers though and because of that I guess I always sort of picked them when asked who I leaned to.

When the Panthers do well though, I like the positivity I see around the city.

I will be in Vegas during the Superbowl though so will probably put some money on a Patriots loss (spread should be decent)
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 14:15]
Question for NFL fans on here on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 2004 viewsIpswichChris

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:11 - Jan 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Amazing what money will buy. I do like it and it's a good atmosphre for a game. Art galleries in all. There are better stadiums in the league now though

The new Falcons stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, is out of this world.
Question for NFL fans on here on 14:19 - Jan 23 with 1995 viewsJ2BLUE

This is precisely why I don't support an NFL term. It would never feel like Ipswich. I just like NFL and like certain teams but don't support any. I have decent claims to Packers and Patriots but it has never felt natural to nail my colours to their mast.

I don't mean to pick on Rommers but I think it said a lot when, just after seeing his team win their Championship and progress to the Super Bowl, he said 'It was great to see a trophy being lifted. Unfortunately that joy is only 0.00000001% of the joy id get to see ipswich lift a trophy'.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:27 - Jan 23 with 1985 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:17 - Jan 23 by IpswichChris

The new Falcons stadium, the Mercedes-Benz Stadium, is out of this world.

You don't know, you've never been, it's not open yet.
Question for NFL fans on here on 14:30 - Jan 23 with 1966 viewsIpswichChris

Question for NFL fans on here on 14:27 - Jan 23 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

You don't know, you've never been, it's not open yet.

No. But I live "up the road" so to speak, and have driven by it may times throughout the construction process.

So I sort of know, you know?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024