Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... 10:04 - Jan 23 with 2923 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:28 - Jan 23 with 657 viewsSwansea_Blue

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:27 - Jan 23 by CaptainObvious

what a complete waste of time and money.

Not if he helps keep us up, and I bet there's a little bit of that thinking going on inside the club. I'd take anyone who could improve us right now (not that I know whether this guy will or won't).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:36 - Jan 23 with 650 viewsGuthrum

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:35 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough. Do you know of any reason why we just want him on loan? Get the impression he may be on a decent wage at Leeds? Or is due to uncertainty over Mick and Evans will only sanction a loan for someone of that age (not that he's old, but if he was 21/22, I would imagine Evans may have 'splashed the cash' as such).

Could possibly also be down to speed of transaction. A loan must be easier and quicker to sort out than a full-blown permanent transfer, with all the negotiations on personal terms and persuading the player he wants to move, as well as having to square things with the club. Kicks that particular can down the road for a few months.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:43 - Jan 23 with 635 viewsBluebell

I can see why we loan players and it certainly makes sense but, as someone else has said, if they do well it puts them out of our price range.

Look at Chris Wood as an example, we got him fit, Leicester recalled him (if I remember correctly) and now he is scoring goals for fun at Leeds.

At least if loan players don't do well or don't get on with the other players, we haven't spent a fortune on them and they can go back at the end of the season.

Exactly how much has Giles Coke cost us so far?
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 12:04 - Jan 23 with 607 viewstaximan

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:43 - Jan 23 by Bluebell

I can see why we loan players and it certainly makes sense but, as someone else has said, if they do well it puts them out of our price range.

Look at Chris Wood as an example, we got him fit, Leicester recalled him (if I remember correctly) and now he is scoring goals for fun at Leeds.

At least if loan players don't do well or don't get on with the other players, we haven't spent a fortune on them and they can go back at the end of the season.

he's great though cokey

proper bloke
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 567 viewsGuthrum

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:43 - Jan 23 by Bluebell

Tho with Coke having been injured, I believe the club has insurance to cover wages and the like while that is the case.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024