Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... 10:04 - Jan 23 with 2924 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 2202 viewstaximan

all part of the plan
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:12 - Jan 23 with 2179 viewsSwailsey

Presumably that is because Mick said he would look at his position in the summer and any player coming in wouldn't want that uncertainty/the club wouldn't want the bad reputation/possible tribunal that would come from then rejecting him if MM did move on (see Stewart and Leeds)?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:18 - Jan 23 with 2135 viewsTLA

I have to admit that loan signings right now seem to be the last thing we need.

If he does well we might try to keep him, especially if Leeds go up and look at a different market. But, Like Lawrence, the better Diagouraga does, the less likely we are to be able to compete for his permanent signature.

If we were a couple of points of the playoffs or relegation, I'd be wanting this kind of loan but I struggle to see the purpose right now.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:24 - Jan 23 with 2106 viewsRadlett_blue

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:18 - Jan 23 by TLA

If he does well we might try to keep him, especially if Leeds go up and look at a different market. But, Like Lawrence, the better Diagouraga does, the less likely we are to be able to compete for his permanent signature.

If we were a couple of points of the playoffs or relegation, I'd be wanting this kind of loan but I struggle to see the purpose right now.

Everything points to Mick going by mutual consent in the summer, notably the padding out the squad with short term deals which, hopefully, should be enough to keep us up & we can get a new man in early to start the rebuilding process & Evans will give him some transfer funds. We did buy Webster & Ward in the summer so hard to think that no funds will be available.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:27 - Jan 23 with 2079 viewsCaptainObvious

what a complete waste of time and money.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:27 - Jan 23 with 2070 viewsITFC_Forever

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:18 - Jan 23 by TLA

Isn't that the same with any loan for any club?

The better they do, the more it would cost to buy them?

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 2060 viewsKieran_Knows

Totally agree. What I find frustrating about this deal is, is that Diagouraga (in my opinion) is a very good player at this level and would have been a very good permanent signing. Just annoying that he'll probably go back to Leeds at the end of the season.

Hey ho!

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 2047 viewsTLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:24 - Jan 23 by Radlett_blue

Everything points to Mick going by mutual consent in the summer, notably the padding out the squad with short term deals which, hopefully, should be enough to keep us up & we can get a new man in early to start the rebuilding process & Evans will give him some transfer funds. We did buy Webster & Ward in the summer so hard to think that no funds will be available.

I think you're right. I don't know whether it would be worth announcing that officially, just so everyone knows the score.

If Mick stays and we win several of our last games and get some injured players back in the squad, it might lead to maintaining the status quo - then next season starts, we get injuries, play poor football etc., and we're back to where we are now.

it would be great to know what Evans is thinking. His five point plan seems to have been announced at precisely the wrong time!
Login to get fewer ads

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 2054 viewsPhilTWTD

Mick said essentially the same on Saturday. Obviously if he does well then they'd presumably look at it then.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 2043 viewsPhilTWTD

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:30 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Totally agree. What I find frustrating about this deal is, is that Diagouraga (in my opinion) is a very good player at this level and would have been a very good permanent signing. Just annoying that he'll probably go back to Leeds at the end of the season.

Hey ho!

Don't get the impression he's wanted there, though. They were trying to sell him to Rotherham rather than loaning him there.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 2031 viewstaximan

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:27 - Jan 23 by ITFC_Forever

i have a radical idea

how about agree a fee with the parent club before the player signs on loan
if the player impresses you sign him for the agreed fee
the player is aware of what is in place, so in effect it is like a trial period
if the player is sh1t you don't sign him
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:35 - Jan 23 with 1975 viewsKieran_Knows

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:31 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Don't get the impression he's wanted there, though. They were trying to sell him to Rotherham rather than loaning him there.

Fair enough. Do you know of any reason why we just want him on loan? Get the impression he may be on a decent wage at Leeds? Or is due to uncertainty over Mick and Evans will only sanction a loan for someone of that age (not that he's old, but if he was 21/22, I would imagine Evans may have 'splashed the cash' as such).

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:37 - Jan 23 with 1946 viewsTLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:27 - Jan 23 by ITFC_Forever

Of course, but it's not a case of us having to pay more to buy someone and more a case of not being able to compete to buy them.

it would be a risk to make a purchase, rather than a loan now - however, if a player we buy does well, we benefit from having them or selling them. If a player on loan does well, we just can't compete with others to sign them.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:38 - Jan 23 with 1933 viewsRadlett_blue

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:30 - Jan 23 by TLA

I think you're right. I don't know whether it would be worth announcing that officially, just so everyone knows the score.

If Mick stays and we win several of our last games and get some injured players back in the squad, it might lead to maintaining the status quo - then next season starts, we get injuries, play poor football etc., and we're back to where we are now.

it would be great to know what Evans is thinking. His five point plan seems to have been announced at precisely the wrong time!

Announcing it would be a complete disaster as MM would lose what little authority he still has.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:39 - Jan 23 with 1927 viewsPhilTWTD

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:35 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Fair enough. Do you know of any reason why we just want him on loan? Get the impression he may be on a decent wage at Leeds? Or is due to uncertainty over Mick and Evans will only sanction a loan for someone of that age (not that he's old, but if he was 21/22, I would imagine Evans may have 'splashed the cash' as such).

Not sure. I would guess he'd be on decent money at Leeds. 29 isn't old, could have a good few years in him yet, so I doubt that would come into it. Think it's just a situation where it'll be looked at in the summer if he does well, if the manager's the same etc.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:40 - Jan 23 with 1896 viewsKieran_Knows

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:39 - Jan 23 by PhilTWTD

Not sure. I would guess he'd be on decent money at Leeds. 29 isn't old, could have a good few years in him yet, so I doubt that would come into it. Think it's just a situation where it'll be looked at in the summer if he does well, if the manager's the same etc.

Good player though, will be interesting to see if Mick puts him in alongside Skuse and Dozzell. Think that would be a very good midfield 3.

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:41 - Jan 23 with 1880 viewsTLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:32 - Jan 23 by taximan

i have a radical idea

how about agree a fee with the parent club before the player signs on loan
if the player impresses you sign him for the agreed fee
the player is aware of what is in place, so in effect it is like a trial period
if the player is sh1t you don't sign him

That's a great idea in principle, but it benefits the club loaning the play very heavily. If he's great and there's interest that would drive up the price, why would the loaning club agree to it?

Surely they'd give us a price that we could sign the player for permanently and we take the risk, or we have to accept that if he does well, we pay more or face competition to sign him. They hold the cards really.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:44 - Jan 23 with 1832 viewsPhilTWTD

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:40 - Jan 23 by Kieran_Knows

Good player though, will be interesting to see if Mick puts him in alongside Skuse and Dozzell. Think that would be a very good midfield 3.

Does sound like a replacement for Douglas, someone better on the ball but still combative. Think that trio - or Bru or Bishop for Dozzell - would be how I'd see things.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:47 - Jan 23 with 1795 viewstaximan

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:41 - Jan 23 by TLA

That's a great idea in principle, but it benefits the club loaning the play very heavily. If he's great and there's interest that would drive up the price, why would the loaning club agree to it?

Surely they'd give us a price that we could sign the player for permanently and we take the risk, or we have to accept that if he does well, we pay more or face competition to sign him. They hold the cards really.

true

highlights what a load of short sighted b0ll0x the loan system really is

especially the way our club uses it
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 1787 viewsTLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:38 - Jan 23 by Radlett_blue

Announcing it would be a complete disaster as MM would lose what little authority he still has.

I do get that that but he's already said he'll consider his future in the summer publicly, which effectively does the same thing when it comes to players signing for him etc. If it was a discussion between ME and MM, why was anything announced? It just leaves us in limbo.
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 1779 viewsKeno

maybe we are waiting to see what division we are in next season?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:51 - Jan 23 with 1749 viewstextbackup

Another loan to cover injured loans.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:52 - Jan 23 with 1738 viewsTLA

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:47 - Jan 23 by taximan

true

highlights what a load of short sighted b0ll0x the loan system really is

especially the way our club uses it

I understood the loans we made in the summer - we were building a squad for one year with a view to the playoffs so a couple of decent looking season long loans is fine.

Similarly, taking players on loan to push on at this stage, or to battle relegation makes short term sense. We seem to be in a perfect position to make astute purchases or bring through our own players with little risk, which is why loans don't seem to be the answer to me right now.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 10:53]
No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 1682 viewsReuser_is_God

Wonderful.

Evans out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

No option to purchase Diagouraga at end of season/loan..... on 11:23 - Jan 23 with 1589 viewsGuthrum

To make sure we stay more than a couple of points off relegation.

Would fans rather Douglas was sent on to shore things up during a crisis, or give the reasonably well-rated (and five years younger) Diagouraga a go?

Keep the evidently badly rattled Berra in at CB, or try someone who's made 194 appearances in the Prem (and 21 in the Championship) for Newcastle?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024