Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell 10:15 - Jan 23 with 1961 viewsblueblood66

discuss
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:20 - Jan 23 with 1944 viewsHerbivore

In what respect? I'm struggling to see the similarities.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:24 - Jan 23 with 1931 viewsWD19

Think that is a bit of a stretch. However, can see risk of similarity in approach to loan market if we are not careful.

Jewell couldn't control the dressing room because he wanted to be their mate. Mick is never going to get to that level.
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:24 - Jan 23 with 1919 viewsSamuelowen88

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:24 - Jan 23 by WD19

Think that is a bit of a stretch. However, can see risk of similarity in approach to loan market if we are not careful.

Jewell couldn't control the dressing room because he wanted to be their mate. Mick is never going to get to that level.

The cow has gone B&W and rotated again! PANIC!!!!

Poll: England v Wales Score

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 1909 viewsCaptainObvious

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:20 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

i think he/she is referring to pointless loans.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:59 - Jan 23 with 1843 viewsblueblood66

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:20 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

Terrible football, 30 year old plus journeyman loans, supporters want him out, coming out with the same drivel after each match.
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 1834 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well he hasn't.

End of discussion.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:11 - Jan 23 with 1815 viewsGuthrum

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:28 - Jan 23 by CaptainObvious

i think he/she is referring to pointless loans.

But how many of McCarthy's loans have been 'pointless'? One or two may have been injury-prone (Williams, Fraser), but they were good quality players.

Are Diagouraga and Taylor going to be 'pointless'? We don't know, because they've barely arrived, let alone played for the club yet.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:14 - Jan 23 with 1801 viewstheipswichman

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:11 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

But how many of McCarthy's loans have been 'pointless'? One or two may have been injury-prone (Williams, Fraser), but they were good quality players.

Are Diagouraga and Taylor going to be 'pointless'? We don't know, because they've barely arrived, let alone played for the club yet.

Also note our best player by far this season is on loan...
Login to get fewer ads

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:19 - Jan 23 with 1789 viewsDoobDude

Yes I think this has been happening for a while now.

No long term plan, trying to buy experience, loans that block the development of our youth. Dreadful football and an inability to drop players who are woefully out of form.

Although the main difference is that Jewell wasn't best mates with Evans.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:25 - Jan 23 with 1778 viewsHerbivore

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:59 - Jan 23 by blueblood66

Terrible football, 30 year old plus journeyman loans, supporters want him out, coming out with the same drivel after each match.

We've got Lawrence on loan (age 23) and Diagarouga on loan (age 29) so not a single 30 plus loanee and both play in positions where we need them. Diagarouga in particular, people moan when Mick plays Douglas but we've often had no other option other than a young kid who isn't ready. We've signed someone to fill that gap, that's a good use of the loan system. We've rarely had more than 2 players in the first 11 who aren't ours this season. That's far removed from where we were under Jewell.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:02 - Jan 23 with 1733 viewsCaptainObvious

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:11 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

Well 'morphed into' implies he's only just starting to get pointless loans in as opposed to the loans in previous seasons.

i don't think Taylor is a loan.

i think in a situation halfway through the season where we are unlikely to go up or down, it seems pointless loaning in players unless there are with a view to a permanent move

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:06 - Jan 23 with 1722 viewsLankHenners

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:25 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

We've got Lawrence on loan (age 23) and Diagarouga on loan (age 29) so not a single 30 plus loanee and both play in positions where we need them. Diagarouga in particular, people moan when Mick plays Douglas but we've often had no other option other than a young kid who isn't ready. We've signed someone to fill that gap, that's a good use of the loan system. We've rarely had more than 2 players in the first 11 who aren't ours this season. That's far removed from where we were under Jewell.

Now, now, play fair. These facts have no business being here in this highly intellectual debate.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:32 - Jan 23 with 1678 viewsGuthrum

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:02 - Jan 23 by CaptainObvious

Well 'morphed into' implies he's only just starting to get pointless loans in as opposed to the loans in previous seasons.

i don't think Taylor is a loan.

i think in a situation halfway through the season where we are unlikely to go up or down, it seems pointless loaning in players unless there are with a view to a permanent move

As I suggested in another thread, we still have the job of staying in this division for another 19 matches. I think it's highly unlikely we'll fail at that, but it might be a close run thing and a further drop in morale or another key injury or two could change things for the worse.

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:57 - Jan 23 with 1628 viewsrgp1

The difference is that Jewell basically admitted after the hull away game that he wasn't sure he could take the club any further. The trouble is now the Evans has the ice berg warning in his hand whilst captain McCarthy is still allowed to go full steam ahead!
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 13:02 - Jan 23 with 1594 viewsCaptainObvious

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 12:32 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

As I suggested in another thread, we still have the job of staying in this division for another 19 matches. I think it's highly unlikely we'll fail at that, but it might be a close run thing and a further drop in morale or another key injury or two could change things for the worse.

Even then, surely loans of established championship players would be preferable in other positions - striker for example. We've already got Skuse and Hyam coming back for the DM position. I don't think improving the quality of the defensive midfielder (if that's what he does) is going to improve our abysmal goal record.

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 13:04 - Jan 23 with 1581 viewsSuperfrans

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 10:59 - Jan 23 by blueblood66

"30 year old plus journeyman loans"

#shakeshead

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 15:10 - Jan 23 with 1481 viewsGuthrum

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 13:02 - Jan 23 by CaptainObvious

Even then, surely loans of established championship players would be preferable in other positions - striker for example. We've already got Skuse and Hyam coming back for the DM position. I don't think improving the quality of the defensive midfielder (if that's what he does) is going to improve our abysmal goal record.

But it might improve on our recent vulnerability to conceding. I'd rather be 0 - 0 with a chance of scoring, than two goals down with no greater chance of getting the ball in their net.

If we can firm up the base again, prevent the opposition dominating the centre of the park, stop us being on the back foot so much, then it might give our attacking players a better platform to work off.

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 15:19 - Jan 23 with 1456 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Only without the millions that PJ was given and squandered
Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 15:34 - Jan 23 with 1438 viewsCaptainObvious

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 15:10 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

But it might improve on our recent vulnerability to conceding. I'd rather be 0 - 0 with a chance of scoring, than two goals down with no greater chance of getting the ball in their net.

If we can firm up the base again, prevent the opposition dominating the centre of the park, stop us being on the back foot so much, then it might give our attacking players a better platform to work off.

We don't concede that many, the problem is at the other end. When we do concede it tends to be individual errors as opposed to Skuse leaving the defence exposed. And even if he was an improvement on Skuse and gained us say 5 extra points, if he's not back again in August it will have been a waste of time, we'll probably still be in the same division.

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 15:39 - Jan 23 with 1419 viewsDeano69

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:14 - Jan 23 by theipswichman

Also note our best player by far this season is on loan...

And arguably last season too

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 1385 viewsVic

Mick has morphed into his mate Jewell on 11:19 - Jan 23 by DoobDude

Yes I think this has been happening for a while now.

No long term plan, trying to buy experience, loans that block the development of our youth. Dreadful football and an inability to drop players who are woefully out of form.

Although the main difference is that Jewell wasn't best mates with Evans.

"Loans that block the development of our youth". really? REALLY? You mean like Dozzer who hasn't played at all, and Kenlock, and Webster and Emmanuel. Yep, they've all been blocked by that waster Lawrence and the ever present Williams.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024