Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My views on Mick (short version) 13:15 - Jan 23 with 804 viewshype313

He's doing his job with one hand tied behind his back, it's not pretty, it's not exciting, it's not innovative but he's essentially doing the best he can given the constraints.

Sack him yes, but the next bloke will walk into the same circumstances and right now we are not a great sell to any new managers, bar the fact that the owner gives them time.

Unless Marcus dips into his wallet, we are going to tread water for the foreseeable.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:18 - Jan 23 with 753 viewsbraveblue

So every manager would play 7 at the back.
Every manager would have a good result, fans cheering, and then go 100% defensive for next two games.
Every manager would drop youngsters who play well for their proper blokes.

Do me a favour.
My views on Mick (short version) on 14:29 - Jan 23 with 721 viewsVaughan8

The style of play cannot be blamed on the budget. We were outplayed last season by Portsmouth and this season by Lincoln.

Our style of play is what is my biggest gripe. I don't want to play like Barcelona, but a bit more attacking threat would be nice.

I think if Mick had £20m to spend, we would still play this style, with maybe slightly better players.

He would still think Berra and Skuse were Premier league players.
My views on Mick (short version) on 14:35 - Jan 23 with 702 viewsBLUEBEAT

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:29 - Jan 23 by Vaughan8

The style of play cannot be blamed on the budget. We were outplayed last season by Portsmouth and this season by Lincoln.

Our style of play is what is my biggest gripe. I don't want to play like Barcelona, but a bit more attacking threat would be nice.

I think if Mick had £20m to spend, we would still play this style, with maybe slightly better players.

He would still think Berra and Skuse were Premier league players.

Yes.

Poll: W or W

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:37 - Jan 23 with 691 viewsHARRY10

MM was under the same constraints when he took over from Jewell - yet turned it round.

I think MM may well go of his accord by May, allowing him the chance to pick up another job without any real failing here.

The Championship can be 'robust' and I agree with MM that a certain number of proper blokes are needed to get stuck in. What I disagree with him is his choice. Douglas is certainly not up to it. He looks and players like a man in his 50's. If we are reliant upon bringing in players with a short 'shelf life' because of their age, then stop trying to wring a few more seasons out of them.

And stop keep bringing in players who maybe cheap, but have re-occuring injury problems. How many games have we had out of Williams and Best ?

Nothing suggests like term planning, just patching up and making do. Maybe that's what MM has been tasked to do.

Whatever way it is the slow slide is still downward.
My views on Mick (short version) on 14:41 - Jan 23 with 665 viewshype313

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:18 - Jan 23 by braveblue

Every manager would have a good result, fans cheering, and then go 100% defensive for next two games.

Do me a favour.

"Every manager would drop youngsters who play well for their proper blokes. "

What does that mean?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:47 - Jan 23 with 638 viewsrickw

I don't think we'll get a manager who is used to the Premier league anymore, however we still have a bigger turnover than just about every club in the leagues below us, so any confident ambitious manager from that level will see us as having a better chance of getting them the success they're after.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

My views on Mick (short version) on 15:12 - Jan 23 with 591 viewsMartus

Better version....

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/396558/my-views-on-mick/#29

"Bobby conquered Europe!!! And we won the FA cuuuuup!"

My views on Mick (short version) on 15:26 - Jan 23 with 562 viewsSwn98

My views on Mick (short version) on 14:18 - Jan 23 by braveblue

Do me a favour.

I'm sure he gets what he can it's obvious players that can demand fee don't see Ipswich as there destination of choice.
Proper blokes well seeing he hasn't got many players to choose from he's not going to call them a load of crap blokes then expect them to go and do a job for him.
When it comes to youth Dozzell not strong enough yet play 90 minutes,that would be the quickest way to ruin him the only one that does appear to be fit and mentally strong enough is Josh.
Yes bring in a new manager he has got the same cards let's see if he can shuffle them into a better game if he fails it could be catastrophic for the club.
Evans could always sell the lease back to the council I'm sure they could get plenty of houses and flats on the land don't think it couldn't happen If kempton park racetrack littered with history and prestige can be sold for housing no where is safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024