Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Honesty test 14:13 - Jan 23 with 6304 viewslegoman

The white grass protective mats drew peoples eyes to the area. This is the first time they have been used. Buy two bags of jelly babies, mark out two areas on your lawn (pref) patio or carpet, Put something white on one of the areas and sprinkle the jellies over both areas, stand back and see which one stands out.

Despite knowing this the hateful press and other hateful idiots don't care to consider. Why do people love to hate when the man has given up his comfortable life for the love of his country and its people. I despair..

The cares how many were there? Most of the people that need him couldn't afford to travel there.

Hope Maggie and Trump form a good bond.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

Honesty test on 11:21 - Jan 24 with 579 viewsconnorscontract

Honesty test on 14:22 - Jan 23 by J2BLUE

Trump has done himself no favours by making this into an issue. It should have been answered and put to bed within 30 seconds.

The simple answer would have been "We wanted to hold it in Iowa where the turnout would have been tremendous. Of course not as many people in Washington turned out for Trump as Obama as we're going to tackle the vested interests and that threatens them."

Simple and re-affirms the message to the core vote. Really easy to spin that, but Spicer messed up.
Honesty test on 11:29 - Jan 24 with 579 viewsVic

Honesty test on 00:00 - Jan 24 by caught-in-limbo

While PBS have a perfectly good motive to distort things, I don't think they did.

Like I said to Lowhouse, "fine, lots more people at Obama's first inauguration".

But what's the point of all this?

I don't think down republican/democrat or Trump lover/hater lines, so my question is sincere: Why is US politics such a circus? The months before the election were a circus. The time between the election and the inauguration was a circus and it goes on.

The press appears to be the circus master and all the actors are playing along just perfectly. What the hell is going on? Looks like someone is trying to con the masses into thinking some sort of democracy is going on - despite the fact that the presidential run in was between two hugely disliked and highly polarising individuals. Some democracy!

"The press appears to be the circus master and all the actors are playing along just perfectly."

And there is the nub of the issue I think. We come at things from a different starting point. You start from position of doubting the press, I start from doubting Trump. I see him as the wannabe circus master who wants to control everything.

Why? Because everything that I've heard about him, seen of him and heard from his mouth suggests that he considers himself, Donald Trump to be the last word on everything. He's a born leader I'll give him that and I believe increasingly that people are wanting that. I think he's wrong, but a lot of people love what he's saying and his convenient sloganeering against the establishment.

We've seen the same to a much smaller degree in the Labour party in this country with the election of Corbyn. I loath just about everything I hear from the man, but respect him in a strange way because he will not shift on what he sees as his principles. That's chimed with a lot of people.

You on the other hand have a built in bias against the press and establishment. so blame them for a conspiracy.

So truth is, we both see circus masters, simply different ones! Time will tell which is which. Interesting times!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Honesty test, on 11:33 - Jan 24 with 576 viewsVic

Honesty test on 10:48 - Jan 24 by caught-in-limbo

Lowhouse, it's all theatre and you know it is. Stop pretending the press are earnest truth seekers impartially exposing politicians of all stripes when they lie and generally holding them to account.

But CIL - when the president of the USA stands up and tells a bare faced lie which is plain for most to see, that's not theater, that's not playing, that's serious, very serious. He could do it when electioneering, but to do it as president? Shocking.

Honesty test, on 11:43 - Jan 24 with 562 viewsconnorscontract

Honesty test, on 11:33 - Jan 24 by Vic

But CIL - when the president of the USA stands up and tells a bare faced lie which is plain for most to see, that's not theater, that's not playing, that's serious, very serious. He could do it when electioneering, but to do it as president? Shocking.

And when his newly appointed Press Secretary fluffs such an easy one, at the first time of asking, you have to a) be concerned about his ability to handle a genuinely important complex situation and b) raise questions over Trump's discernment in putting his team together.

Re b) the biggest factor seems to be "unquestioning loyalty to Trump" rather than "Cabinet of talents".
Honesty test, on 12:58 - Jan 24 with 520 viewscaught-in-limbo

Honesty test, on 11:43 - Jan 24 by connorscontract

And when his newly appointed Press Secretary fluffs such an easy one, at the first time of asking, you have to a) be concerned about his ability to handle a genuinely important complex situation and b) raise questions over Trump's discernment in putting his team together.

Re b) the biggest factor seems to be "unquestioning loyalty to Trump" rather than "Cabinet of talents".

Sounds more like bad acting to me. That's theatre.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Honesty test, on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 486 viewscaught-in-limbo

Honesty test, on 11:33 - Jan 24 by Vic

I'd argue that if he's lying about something "which is plain for most to see", it's not really that serious.

Couple that with the nature of the lie: "the number of people at a peaceful gathering", then it's not serious at all.

In fact, it is just silly. It's not serious, and it's not shocking. It's as ridiculous as any claim that it is "serious, very serious".

It's just really ham acting and the response to it is totally blown out of proportion hysteria.

Theatre.

#toxic

Honesty test, on 15:49 - Jan 24 with 477 viewsVic

Honesty test, on 15:43 - Jan 24 by caught-in-limbo

I'd argue that if he's lying about something "which is plain for most to see", it's not really that serious.

Couple that with the nature of the lie: "the number of people at a peaceful gathering", then it's not serious at all.

In fact, it is just silly. It's not serious, and it's not shocking. It's as ridiculous as any claim that it is "serious, very serious".

It's just really ham acting and the response to it is totally blown out of proportion hysteria.

Theatre.

Hmm - OK, we'll agree to disagree!

But you're still wrong

Honesty test, on 16:01 - Jan 24 with 461 viewscaught-in-limbo

Honesty test, on 15:49 - Jan 24 by Vic

Hmm - OK, we'll agree to disagree!

But you're still wrong

On day you and thousands of others will look back on events such as this and think "why was I taken in by such blatant nonsense?"

#toxic

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024