Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke chambers 14:47 - Jan 23 with 1650 viewsshoopdelang

If and when we get a new manager would you keep him as captain?
Regardless of his abilities as a RB most would agree he's a good captain.

But he does seem to be a McCarthy puppet...
Luke chambers on 14:49 - Jan 23 with 1626 viewshoppy

Might also depend on whether Chambers is here or not as well, whenever that happens. If he were to leave the club, I don't think I would keep him as captain, personally.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Luke chambers on 14:51 - Jan 23 with 1615 viewsJ2BLUE

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. With Webster first choice RCB should he expect the same contract terms he has now?

I have a feeling he will leave in the summer. I said that about Pitman before last summer so my record isn't great.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Luke chambers on 15:24 - Jan 23 with 1572 viewsdirtyboy

He's certainly one of the few players to bridge the gap between fans and club, regardless of how you view his ability (I think he's done well considering he's not a right back and that's where he's had to play - ie; not his fault, but did a job)

Webster and Chambers are right footed, Berra and Smith lefties. Chambers can play RB and Berra is likely to go, so he'd be ideal to remain at the club if he accepts that Webster may stay ahead of him and Smith will likely partner due to the left foot right foot balance.

I like the bloke, he's not been the best player, but he wants it and he certainly does seem to have a bit about him when talking...he's doing his coaching badges, so perhaps he is future management material...
Luke chambers on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 1528 viewsjimsymBLUE

Would certainly keep him and as captain. Had a good game Saturday and certainly not as culpable as the people around him. Has improved since his move back into the middle (SHOCK) and next year alongside Smith and hopefully Webster will forge a good defence. Its the garbage in front where the problems lie.
Get rid off Dougie/Coke/Skuse/Hyam/Knudson/Berra/Sears and start again.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 15:49]

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Luke chambers on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1478 viewsaardvaark

Luke chambers on 15:43 - Jan 23 by jimsymBLUE

Would certainly keep him and as captain. Had a good game Saturday and certainly not as culpable as the people around him. Has improved since his move back into the middle (SHOCK) and next year alongside Smith and hopefully Webster will forge a good defence. Its the garbage in front where the problems lie.
Get rid off Dougie/Coke/Skuse/Hyam/Knudson/Berra/Sears and start again.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 15:49]

agree with all that apart from get rid of Sears - think a new Manager might play him where's he's meant to be...and not on the wing.

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

Luke chambers on 15:54 - Jan 23 with 1469 viewshype313

If we wan't to get promoted we won't be doing it with Chambers in our back four. He isn't good enough, nice bloke and all that though.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Luke chambers on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 1449 viewsjimsymBLUE

Luke chambers on 15:52 - Jan 23 by aardvaark

agree with all that apart from get rid of Sears - think a new Manager might play him where's he's meant to be...and not on the wing.

He's really struggling atm, it's obviously a lack of confidence in front of goal and maybe a new manager could give him a new lease of life. I personally think he has (like a good number of others) a poor technique. Could still be option off the bench against tiring legs but think we can do better.

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

Luke chambers on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 1421 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Luke chambers on 15:58 - Jan 23 by jimsymBLUE

He's really struggling atm, it's obviously a lack of confidence in front of goal and maybe a new manager could give him a new lease of life. I personally think he has (like a good number of others) a poor technique. Could still be option off the bench against tiring legs but think we can do better.

Apart from his purple patch in that play off season, his goal scoring record is pretty average.. Only making it to double figures in 2 seasons.

Obviously he isn't helped by the role he's asked to play with us, but I don't think he'd get much more than 10 if he was played through the middle like we all want him to.

Decent player though and definitely of great value to us but I think we probably need to consider getting another 'Sears type' striker as an upgrade or hope that Morris can do that for us
Login to get fewer ads

Luke chambers on 20:49 - Jan 23 with 1298 views3_5_2

Luke chambers on 15:52 - Jan 23 by aardvaark

I am really pished off with what has happened to Sears.

Can't help think that MM has destroyed the player he once was.

If he was to go a club that played him in the right position ( up front, playing on the shoulder of the last defended etc.) he would be a real asset again.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Luke chambers on 22:44 - Jan 23 with 1231 viewswarkthisway

How would you know he is a good captain? Doesn't seem that way at the moment- s'pose that's the fans fault as well.

bentnkuqi

Luke chambers on 23:02 - Jan 23 with 1186 viewsshoopdelang

Luke chambers on 22:44 - Jan 23 by warkthisway

How would you know he is a good captain? Doesn't seem that way at the moment- s'pose that's the fans fault as well.

From a fans perspective a good captain. Seems to show leadership on the field and be motivated. It's not hard to tell even from the terraces... Unless you're either blind or stupid which perhaps you are.
Luke chambers on 00:28 - Jan 24 with 1135 viewsbraveblue

Luke chambers on 15:24 - Jan 23 by dirtyboy

He's certainly one of the few players to bridge the gap between fans and club, regardless of how you view his ability (I think he's done well considering he's not a right back and that's where he's had to play - ie; not his fault, but did a job)

Webster and Chambers are right footed, Berra and Smith lefties. Chambers can play RB and Berra is likely to go, so he'd be ideal to remain at the club if he accepts that Webster may stay ahead of him and Smith will likely partner due to the left foot right foot balance.

I like the bloke, he's not been the best player, but he wants it and he certainly does seem to have a bit about him when talking...he's doing his coaching badges, so perhaps he is future management material...

Apart from the times when he shouts and swears at the fans do you mean?
Luke chambers on 10:56 - Jan 24 with 1013 viewsNo9

Watching from he sands there is no other 'player' out their in a Town shirt that looks like having the wherewithal to be skipper.

Maybe Bart but that's it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024