Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off 22:55 - Jan 23 with 5577 viewscruncher

With these ex players players,and management moaning at the fans for not getting behind the team when they are of late constantly playing awful ,they suppose to be professional yet I imagine non of them would be able to handle playing in Greece or Italy in a high tempo match because the fans would put them off,ffs concentrate on your game and ignore the fans as many modern day premiership players do the atmosphere at PR not a touch on the bigger grounds around the country yet they are always complaining about the fans..
[Post edited 23 Jan 2017 22:56]
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:22 - Jan 24 with 2250 viewsLankHenners

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:14 - Jan 24 by Johnny_Boy

Did we (TWTD) not have this exact same discussion on negativity & its detrimental merits when PJ was manager? Apologies if I'm mistaken, but I'm sure Dolly was castigated for daring to suggest a negative PR was essentially poisoning the team & the poor results were a direct factor.

He was told (in no uncertain terms) "How could the fans affect the ability of professional football players?"

I'm not suggesting you were one of those people, but there were quite a lot on here at the time mocking such notions.

There's a few 'Super Fan' factions which want all the fans to 100% get behind the manager/team, yet were vociferous in their anger that we didn't lose to Barnsley all those years back in order to see the back of PJ.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 0:20]

Can't recall exactly, but Jewell and Mick are different scenarios - we were properly crap under Jewell whereas now we're just muddling along at an average to less than average rate.

Back then, I guess everyone kinda knew we were heading right into the sh!t, but know we've seen at times we can pull out good performances now and again, and the players need the fans' support to help them overcome this spell.

FWIW I think McCarthy's lost something he can't get back with the fans and his departure at the end of the season would be a good move for both parties. What we (Evans) does next is vital, and I'm not sure I trust him to make the right decision.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:24 - Jan 24 with 2237 viewsbraveblue

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:02 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Has it not occurred to you that when people with experience in the game keep saying how detrimental it is to the team's performance it is when fans act like utter divs during the match, it's because they're right?

I'm getting a bit pissed off with self-entitled melts pretending that everyone's against them and think it's perfectly acceptable to abuse your own players during the game, then complain when they don't play very well.

The whole 'players should always perform well and I'll only support them when they are' attitude stinks.

Nonsense
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:25 - Jan 24 with 2239 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:20 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Must be pretty disheartening when your own supporters have turned against you. Yes, I know the anger is mainly intended for McCarthy and Evans, but the players are in the firing line.

Not like Nugent, to whom our booing just demonstrates how dangerous he is to us.

I know people like to say Matt Richards & McAuley got clog, but it's nowhere near the venom as the aforementioned current crop are receiving currently.

ITFC have become a Wolves & Villa. Clubs whose fans behaved exactly like ours, which we in turn used to mock for. A sad state of affairs.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:02 - Jan 24 with 2185 viewsmadmouse1959

Luckily, I have only witnessed the boo,s at the END of a poor game usually. Of course the club and ex players will issue the "stick with it " message. What is a disgrace is when the fans turn up at a game and the players don,t. The Lincoln game was the last straw for quite a few fans. (long standing supporters finally cracked)

It is slightly annoying we do not have a closer bond with the manager AND the owner. It is a shame they have little interest in Ipswich either. Both heading out of Suffolk after a game is probably a wise move at the moment. More transparency and being honest with the fans would go a long way to heal the rift with the supporters. Maybe the fans are getting fed up with this lingering saga too. It does not help when you are constantly let down with a very poor game only to listen to a "so be it" and "lets move on " attitude from the manager. Some of McCarthy,s comments were too laid back and maybe he should be seen to demonstrate some passion on the touch line. Not silly post match remarks like (that second goal @ Huddersfield put the game to bed ? ) What incentive do the fans have watching 9 players defend ? That is not how a game should be played. Why is there a communication break down yet the message is keep on suffering ? How come the back up staff avoid any part of this sorry mess and do not step forward ? Poor ol Mick is taking all the flak and all the pressure which is not good for him or the club.

shampoo dave

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:34 - Jan 24 with 2170 viewsmadmouse1959

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:45 - Jan 23 by Guthrum

Lincoln was a dreadful shambles all round (well, maybe Emmanuel did ok). But we've got to put that behind us and fight for League position.

Dyer is calling for the fans to offset some of the lack of confidence in the players, to produce the so-caller "12th man" effect. To remind them that we are on their side.

We might almost all want change in the management and ownership, in the style and results, but we do not actually want the club to go down the pan, disappearing into the lower divisions. The mess will be a heck of a lot more difficult to sort out down there.

It's not like the fans' dissatisfaction has gone unnoticed. Everyone is aware of what we feel. There's no actual need to repeat it all game every game.

We the supporters can help in saving the club on the pitch this season, then maybe things can start changing off it.

You are ignoring the fact that nearly all the Lincoln City supporters were singing " Ya getting sacked in the morning" and "Championship, your having a laugh" live on BBC television. You are not telling me that does not have an affect on the players ? It had an affect on the Ipswich supporters because some were leaving the stadium after 75 minutes !!! We could not match Lincoln in two games.

Only for no reaction from the players in the next game @ Huddersfield. There again the players and Ipswich supporters had to listen to the Huddersfield supporters sing "Ya getting sacked in the morning"

What ever is said on here. The fact remains that people are tired wasting their time and money. This club is now losing some good supporters who possibly won,t come back till Marcus Evans turns this club around with better ownership. A better idea than a synthetic 5 point plan. The invisible Evans and the mono tone voice and B/S of McCarthy is doing this club no favours.

shampoo dave

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:42 - Jan 24 with 2160 viewsjeera

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:34 - Jan 24 by madmouse1959

You are ignoring the fact that nearly all the Lincoln City supporters were singing " Ya getting sacked in the morning" and "Championship, your having a laugh" live on BBC television. You are not telling me that does not have an affect on the players ? It had an affect on the Ipswich supporters because some were leaving the stadium after 75 minutes !!! We could not match Lincoln in two games.

Only for no reaction from the players in the next game @ Huddersfield. There again the players and Ipswich supporters had to listen to the Huddersfield supporters sing "Ya getting sacked in the morning"

What ever is said on here. The fact remains that people are tired wasting their time and money. This club is now losing some good supporters who possibly won,t come back till Marcus Evans turns this club around with better ownership. A better idea than a synthetic 5 point plan. The invisible Evans and the mono tone voice and B/S of McCarthy is doing this club no favours.

Well done for completely ignoring his actual post and responding with something else.

This is the problem. Some of you don't read what's being said as you're too far gone with your own agendas.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:45 - Jan 24 with 2156 viewsmadmouse1959

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:42 - Jan 24 by jeera

Well done for completely ignoring his actual post and responding with something else.

This is the problem. Some of you don't read what's being said as you're too far gone with your own agendas.

It is not OUR fans singing those songs during the game , but some did join in.

shampoo dave

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:58 - Jan 24 with 2146 viewsmadmouse1959

Maybe I did go off on a tangent. Nowt to do with agenda,s. The rallying calls for town fans to stick with it has been well documented. The club needs to do their bit.

shampoo dave

Login to get fewer ads

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 04:48 - Jan 24 with 2130 viewsBenters

Im not a booer myself i just used to take a sharp intake of breath and shake my head at the end of the game if it was a poor performance i wouldnt clap the players off.

But i dont think all these managers and players or ex players are helping the situation by telling the fans what to do is helping either,it is a mans game after all ! Just as people are saying we have turned a corner after a ok performance,we then usually have two poor games,a draw and a win !

But i can understand why people do boo and are pissed off becuase mostly this season we have been piss poor .

Radio Suffolk did my nut in with MMs interview after the game,its always the same after a loss,they offer him a get out of jail free card by giving him a easy way out .."Huddersfield are a good team hey Mick" wtf is all that about ? How about saying "what a poor week Mick crashing out in the FA Cup to a team 50 places below you in the league" ?

The club is in a total mess and the blue specs brigade cant see we are fkd .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 04:59 - Jan 24 with 2127 viewsBenters

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:02 - Jan 24 by madmouse1959

Luckily, I have only witnessed the boo,s at the END of a poor game usually. Of course the club and ex players will issue the "stick with it " message. What is a disgrace is when the fans turn up at a game and the players don,t. The Lincoln game was the last straw for quite a few fans. (long standing supporters finally cracked)

It is slightly annoying we do not have a closer bond with the manager AND the owner. It is a shame they have little interest in Ipswich either. Both heading out of Suffolk after a game is probably a wise move at the moment. More transparency and being honest with the fans would go a long way to heal the rift with the supporters. Maybe the fans are getting fed up with this lingering saga too. It does not help when you are constantly let down with a very poor game only to listen to a "so be it" and "lets move on " attitude from the manager. Some of McCarthy,s comments were too laid back and maybe he should be seen to demonstrate some passion on the touch line. Not silly post match remarks like (that second goal @ Huddersfield put the game to bed ? ) What incentive do the fans have watching 9 players defend ? That is not how a game should be played. Why is there a communication break down yet the message is keep on suffering ? How come the back up staff avoid any part of this sorry mess and do not step forward ? Poor ol Mick is taking all the flak and all the pressure which is not good for him or the club.

Huddersfields first goal MM said was a " Worldie" really ?

MM has turned into Mike Bassett only not as likeable.

Gentlybentley

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 06:11 - Jan 24 with 2108 viewsBenters

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 03:34 - Jan 24 by madmouse1959

this

Gentlybentley

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 06:13 - Jan 24 with 2104 viewsBenters

May i ask do you go and watch ?

If not did you see our performance v Forest and Lincoln ?

I have no agenda ..

Gentlybentley

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:25 - Jan 24 with 2024 viewsnoitan

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:01 - Jan 23 by Fixed_It

I think the point they are trying to make is that the fact that they are 'constantly playing awful' might be because the fans are on their back. Whether they should be able to ignore it or not, the point is that they aren't able to and therefore getting on their backs is not exactly helping.

I don't know why you bother explaining. Impossible to get through to some.

Curlew

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:32 - Jan 24 with 2013 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:25 - Jan 24 by noitan

I don't know why you bother explaining. Impossible to get through to some.

And that's the thing, isn't it? Whatever is suggested will simply be dismissed, no chance of changing their stance when they're this rabid.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:32 - Jan 24 with 2012 viewsartsbossbeard

You should buy a season ticket and no longer attend.

That'll learn 'em.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:34 - Jan 24 with 2004 viewsnoitan

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:32 - Jan 24 by artsbossbeard

And that's the thing, isn't it? Whatever is suggested will simply be dismissed, no chance of changing their stance when they're this rabid.

Very true.

Curlew

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 08:54 - Jan 24 with 1980 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:17 - Jan 23 by cruncher

I would ignore it and if I was on their Sort of money I would over ride it absolutely ,and if I didn't perform at my job I would expect criticism and try to improve no matter who was yelling at me I just think they should look at them selves before blaming the crowd after all the crowd goes some way to paying their wages.

Course you would.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:08 - Jan 24 with 1959 viewsmanchego

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 00:20 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

Must be pretty disheartening when your own supporters have turned against you. Yes, I know the anger is mainly intended for McCarthy and Evans, but the players are in the firing line.

Not like Nugent, to whom our booing just demonstrates how dangerous he is to us.

I don't know how you are supposed to become enthused when attempted hoofs
fly off shins into the crowd multiple times.
What's the correct chant for that ?
"It's like watching my pub team ! "
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:10 - Jan 24 with 1952 viewsPJH

It seems quite reasonable to expect the supporters of a team to support their team.
It is certainly reasonable to expect that supporters of a team are not 'against' their team-at that point they cease to be supporters of that team.
I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:17 - Jan 24 with 1917 viewsBarneycurley

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:10 - Jan 24 by PJH

It seems quite reasonable to expect the supporters of a team to support their team.
It is certainly reasonable to expect that supporters of a team are not 'against' their team-at that point they cease to be supporters of that team.

No - they are supporters of a CLUB not the team. The TEAM currently don't seem to much care about the CLUB. There's a difference

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:34 - Jan 24 with 1889 viewssotd78

I think the players ought to work out that in a crowd of 15,000 there's possibly no more than a few hundred getting verbal - that's true either when the fans are for the players or against them. We aren't exactly the most vociferous fanbase.
I sit in the lower Britannia....we have been the most patient, loyal and "quiet" bunch of fans since time began. The players cannot have it both ways; nor can the management. The fan base now want to see a proper game plan; a system in which our OWN players get picked - win, lose or draw. Dropping Josh Emmanuel when I have yet to see him have a bad game is indicative of the management malaise. Telling fans to Eff-off when calling for Sears or Bru to replace the average carthorse in the middle is not acceptable - and that my friends happened 18 months ago. The club have succeeded in pee-ing off even the thermal blanket and flask brigade - boy that took some doing..

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:37 - Jan 24 with 1882 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:02 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

Has it not occurred to you that when people with experience in the game keep saying how detrimental it is to the team's performance it is when fans act like utter divs during the match, it's because they're right?

I'm getting a bit pissed off with self-entitled melts pretending that everyone's against them and think it's perfectly acceptable to abuse your own players during the game, then complain when they don't play very well.

The whole 'players should always perform well and I'll only support them when they are' attitude stinks.

If I could give 10 up arrows to this I would.

Do you think these people sit at home and boo and shout obscenities at their families when they don't agree with them? It's bleedingly obvious that making people feel like cr@p isn't going to get the best out of them.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 9:41]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:39 - Jan 24 with 1876 viewsITFC_Forever

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 23:53 - Jan 23 by Johnny_Boy

Oh I see. Gotcha.

Is there conclusive proof that this is the case?

Every player we boo seems to score against us, so yes.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:42 - Jan 24 with 1863 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:39 - Jan 24 by ITFC_Forever

Every player we boo seems to score against us, so yes.

Has Douglas scored many own goals this season then?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off on 09:56 - Jan 24 with 1826 viewsPinewoodblue

Things are in dissaray. We have an owner who dithers, a manager who is clueless, or just doesn't care, players who lack the confidence to do the things they know need doing and a fan base that is divided.

Kieron is calling for unity and where better to start then with the fans. What seems to concern many fsns is if they get behind the club in the long run things won't improve. The owner will still dither, Mick will remain clueless and he and the players will keep banking wages , in other words just think of themselves.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024