Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 steps back 3 forward 04:57 - Jan 24 with 3309 viewsBarneycurley

I'd honestly take relegation right now. The dead wood including the overachiever mcarthy would go. We would get hopefully a young (cheap) up and coming manager in. Nothing to lose, youth would have to be given a chance. The crowds I am in doubt would improve and we'd get some semblance of atmosphere back at FPR in the shape of a decent promotion push.

What's not to like?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:12 - Jan 24 with 1253 viewsartsbossbeard

2 steps back 3 forward on 06:05 - Jan 24 by EdwardStone

Insane wish

For every club that springs forward, Nodge, Southampton. Leicester

There are countless that sink after relegation

Luton

Bradford

Plymouth

Oxford

Sheff U

Plymouth

Portsmouth

We all want the same thing, we all want what is best for Ipswich

But that should never include relegation

The "on this day story" on here today features Portsmouth going into liquidation in 2012, Ipswich sniffing around for 2 of their players and the fire sale of all fire sales.

I'd much prefer mid table championship ambiguity any day of the week.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:19 - Jan 24 with 1235 viewsBarneycurley

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:12 - Jan 24 by artsbossbeard

The "on this day story" on here today features Portsmouth going into liquidation in 2012, Ipswich sniffing around for 2 of their players and the fire sale of all fire sales.

I'd much prefer mid table championship ambiguity any day of the week.

Oh wow... you been on the gin? You honestly aren't fussed about a change and the possibility a relegation nightly galvanize the club and bring about some deep deep change?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:21 - Jan 24 with 1219 viewsartsbossbeard

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:19 - Jan 24 by Barneycurley

Oh wow... you been on the gin? You honestly aren't fussed about a change and the possibility a relegation nightly galvanize the club and bring about some deep deep change?

I don't share your views on this, correct.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 1204 viewsPJH

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:19 - Jan 24 by Barneycurley

So on that basis any club struggling at or near the bottom of a division and fighting to stay in it are getting it wrong.
What they should be fighting for is to get relegated because that is the way forward.
Is that what you are saying?
2 steps back 3 forward on 09:28 - Jan 24 with 1193 viewsDoobDude

Relegation with this owner would be a disaster.
He would merely reduce spending to match a poor league 1 team.
And then he would get bored and complete his asset stripping and liquidation of the club.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:28 - Jan 24 with 1195 viewsBarneycurley

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:25 - Jan 24 by PJH

So on that basis any club struggling at or near the bottom of a division and fighting to stay in it are getting it wrong.
What they should be fighting for is to get relegated because that is the way forward.
Is that what you are saying?

no i am saying this club is drifting no strategy and weve been in this league for 15 years. We are going nowhere. I put out there an opinion that rather than drifting along the chance that a relegation could shake us up.

I never said teams should aspire to this but that it might be a blessing in disguise. I guess it's only me..

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:33 - Jan 24 with 1182 viewsPJH

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:28 - Jan 24 by Barneycurley

no i am saying this club is drifting no strategy and weve been in this league for 15 years. We are going nowhere. I put out there an opinion that rather than drifting along the chance that a relegation could shake us up.

I never said teams should aspire to this but that it might be a blessing in disguise. I guess it's only me..

I do understand the point that you are making but I (and apparently several on here)do not see how relegation can possibly be a good thing.
On a few occasions it does turn out to be the start of a revival but such things are rare and I think that suggesting it should be welcomed is wrong.
2 steps back 3 forward on 09:37 - Jan 24 with 1178 viewsyorkshireblue

2 steps back 3 forward on 08:10 - Jan 24 by bournemouthblue

Sheffield United are the club most like us in that lot, I'm staggered to see them still in League One.

There's a club with a similar number of play-off failures to us

A quick look at their attendances will tell you that they are in a much better shape than we would be if we were to go down, and this is their 6th season down there.
Login to get fewer ads

2 steps back 3 forward on 09:39 - Jan 24 with 1172 viewsPinewoodblue

Carry on the way we are and, at some time in the future, we will be relegated. We don't have to be relegated however to be rejuvenated.

Marcus is the problem and I am not suggesting a lack of investment as he in fact receives a poor return on the money already invested. He needs to be more ruthless. Mick is the fourth manager that he has mismanaged. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes which is odd for a successful businessman.

Mick will be the fourth manager to be given more time to sort things out, time that in the long run is wasted and leads to more short term thinking and another wrong appointment.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

2 steps back 3 forward on 10:18 - Jan 24 with 1141 viewsGuthrum

Why do you think any of those things might happen?

Rather instead that we would have to sell off our best players. Play the youth whether they're good enough/ready or not - if they aren't signed up by Championship clubs. Alternatively, sign the kind of free/cheap transfers who play in League One. Even if we get in some young manager, will he turn out to be good enough?

Do you think crowds are going to pour into Portman Road to watch us struggling against Walsall and Gillingham?

Income from all sources will fall significantly. Expenditure will have to be trimmed even more heavily. There are no parachute payments for dropping to League One.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2 steps back 3 forward on 11:06 - Jan 24 with 1093 viewsGuthrum

2 steps back 3 forward on 06:44 - Jan 24 by Benters

So lets just trudge on in nothingness then !

Great !

But playing in the second tier of English football isn't 'nothingness'!

It's being one of the top 44 clubs in the English League structure (tho, in reality, we haven't finished outside the top 35 since the mid '60s), not to mention the hundreds of teams below that in non-League.

And we're one of the longest-serving teams in that respect, only eight teams have managed to stay out of the third tier longer than us. Over the last 50 years, there's only six teams whose lowest finish is no worse than ours.

Is that not something to be proud of, to fight tooth and nail to preserve?

It's not like we need to get relegated in order to change. That would be akin to chopping your foot off to deal with infected toenails.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

2 steps back 3 forward on 19:21 - Jan 24 with 1029 viewsSwn98

Madness
2 steps back 3 forward on 19:58 - Jan 24 with 1002 viewsMach_foreignBlue

'I'd honestly take relegation right now' .... Barneycurley are you mad or what?

What makes you thinking that things would improve if we got relegated? Evans is a horrible owner who has no interest to makes us better so do you think he would start caring about us in League One? With his lack of investment and interest we'd be stuck in that league for long years.

Look at Oldham. We might replicate their scenario. They had been in the Prem and Championship in 90's, relegated to the 3rd tier in 1997 and never came back since. Lack of money have been the main reason.
2 steps back 3 forward on 06:52 - Jan 25 with 917 viewsBenters

2 steps back 3 forward on 07:48 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Most sensible people tend to be against changes for the worse, but as someone who voted Brexit you probably won't grasp that.

Nice work ! and a little dig at the end perfect !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

2 steps back 3 forward on 06:55 - Jan 25 with 915 viewsBenters

2 steps back 3 forward on 08:20 - Jan 24 by Barneycurley

the skuglas as it known

Ha !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024