Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . 07:14 - Jan 24 with 10649 viewsBenters

You know one of those pleasant chaps who ran down the defenceless lad and hacked him to pieces,is claiming £20'000 for losing two teeth in a scuffle with prison guards ..

Please stop the World i want to get off !

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 07:36 - Jan 24 with 4344 viewsallezlesbleus

I cannot understand why the death penalty cannot be brought back for murderers like those two.

Absolutely ludicrous that he even had the nerve to try and sue for compensation. Fortunately, common sense prevailed and no solicitor would represent the piece of scum.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 07:43 - Jan 24 with 4306 viewsHerbivore

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 07:36 - Jan 24 by allezlesbleus

I cannot understand why the death penalty cannot be brought back for murderers like those two.

Absolutely ludicrous that he even had the nerve to try and sue for compensation. Fortunately, common sense prevailed and no solicitor would represent the piece of scum.

Because the death penalty is barbaric and a civilised society shouldn't seek to sink to the level of its criminals.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 07:50 - Jan 24 with 4233 viewsoldbluestu

Because that would be too easy, ideally they will be slipping on a bad of soap in the shower, or the occasional beating up by a guard..
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 08:09 - Jan 24 with 4211 viewsallezlesbleus

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 07:43 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

Because the death penalty is barbaric and a civilised society shouldn't seek to sink to the level of its criminals.

Really?

I agree for circumstances when they is the possibility of mistaken identity, but when someone innocent is hacked to death in such a barbaric way then I believe it should be re-introduced.

Would you still feel the same way if one of your relations or close friends was brutally murdered in cold blood like poor Lee Rigby?
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 08:19 - Jan 24 with 4181 viewsJuggsy

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 08:09 - Jan 24 by allezlesbleus

Really?

I agree for circumstances when they is the possibility of mistaken identity, but when someone innocent is hacked to death in such a barbaric way then I believe it should be re-introduced.

Would you still feel the same way if one of your relations or close friends was brutally murdered in cold blood like poor Lee Rigby?

I know a couple of prison guards and I can happily report these two cretins get regular kickings from inmates.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:25 - Jan 24 with 3955 viewsfactual_blue

Leaving aside the points already made about a civilised society etc, why give them what they want, ie matyrdom?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:33 - Jan 24 with 3948 viewsjpring89

Absolute BS but thats my opinion.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:38 - Jan 24 with 3932 viewsBarneycurley

couldn't agree more

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Login to get fewer ads

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:41 - Jan 24 with 3915 viewsclive_baker

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:25 - Jan 24 by factual_blue

Leaving aside the points already made about a civilised society etc, why give them what they want, ie matyrdom?

It would arguably help prevent further radicalisation of other prisoners, which is a massive issue. They're sitting ducks and often lacking a sense of purpose.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 10:42 - Jan 24 with 3798 viewsGuthrum

He's only beginning an attempt to claim the compensation. It's not like he's already succeeded and will actually be getting the money.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 10:48 - Jan 24 with 3773 viewsvapour_trail

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 10:42 - Jan 24 by Guthrum

He's only beginning an attempt to claim the compensation. It's not like he's already succeeded and will actually be getting the money.

Ah, but benters newspaper of choice has decided that they should plaster it on the front page, giving him and any lawyer who chooses to accept the brief additional profile, and hassle the poor mother of the victim for a quote.

Classy.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:16 - Jan 24 with 3723 viewsbritbiker

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:33 - Jan 24 by jpring89

Respect your opinion. But too much time is wasted on scum and the lawyers who milk the system. I'd prefer to spend time on people who need help but can't get it.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:17 - Jan 24 with 3713 viewsunbelievablue

Really?

I would.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:21 - Jan 24 with 3684 viewsunbelievablue

When it's been proven time and again that capital punishment is neither an effective deterrent nor a cheaper alternative to life in prison (the two 'logical' arguments), calls for its reintroduction are pure blood-lust. Personally, I find your views abhorrent.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 11:21]

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:22 - Jan 24 with 3670 viewsunbelievablue

Has he won the cash then?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:30 - Jan 24 with 3649 viewsBarneycurley

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:21 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

When it's been proven time and again that capital punishment is neither an effective deterrent nor a cheaper alternative to life in prison (the two 'logical' arguments), calls for its reintroduction are pure blood-lust. Personally, I find your views abhorrent.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 11:21]

Thankfully more and more countries globally agree. Over centuries gladly we as a race have become more educated and have dropped previous barbaric practices (slavery anyone) i am a little surprised some still consider capital punishment still a humane choice

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 12:44 - Jan 24 with 3519 viewsHerbivore

Really?

I'm not sure how I'd feel if it was one of my family, but I imagine my judgment could be clouded by emotion and that's why I shouldn't be the one deciding the punishment if it was a member of my family. Justice shouldn't be based on revenge. If we want to condemn killing we can't then be condoning it for a particular section of society, not in a civilised country.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 12:47 - Jan 24 with 3501 viewsHerbivore

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 09:33 - Jan 24 by jpring89

And a well-reasoned and well-argued opinion it is too, you've certainly shown me the error of my ways. I'll be advocating the death penalty from here on in.

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 13:02 - Jan 24 with 3435 viewsBlueinBrum

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 11:30 - Jan 24 by Barneycurley

Thankfully more and more countries globally agree. Over centuries gladly we as a race have become more educated and have dropped previous barbaric practices (slavery anyone) i am a little surprised some still consider capital punishment still a humane choice

I read recently that UK public opposition to capital punishment only exceeded 50% in the past couple of years which i found pretty shocking.

I also read that one of the strongest correlations in opinion between referendum Leave/Remain voters was their opinion on capital punishment (even more than education, income, social class etc). This thread seems to be supporting this at present...

Sources
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32061822
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36803544
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 13:13 - Jan 24 with 3382 viewsnoggin

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 10:48 - Jan 24 by vapour_trail

Ah, but benters newspaper of choice has decided that they should plaster it on the front page, giving him and any lawyer who chooses to accept the brief additional profile, and hassle the poor mother of the victim for a quote.

Classy.

Exactly. Why is this even news?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:00 - Jan 24 with 3268 viewsunbelievablue

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 13:02 - Jan 24 by BlueinBrum

I read recently that UK public opposition to capital punishment only exceeded 50% in the past couple of years which i found pretty shocking.

I also read that one of the strongest correlations in opinion between referendum Leave/Remain voters was their opinion on capital punishment (even more than education, income, social class etc). This thread seems to be supporting this at present...

Sources
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32061822
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36803544

I was once asked 'what if your family was tortured, raped, murdered etc., you still wouldn't want the death penalty then?'

I replied in the affirmative. Delving into my very soul, framing a frank scrutiny of my self-supposed morality against the emotions which, in that situation, are not possible to imagine distinctly, I still believe that there is no crime nor act which would compel me to wish death upon the assailant.

The geezer then said 'that's rubbish cos you wouldn't know how you'd feel'; in one swoop, the reveal of his hypothesis rendered his question and my response futile.

That's the level we're dealing with here. On this, I will not equivocate.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 14:05]

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:05 - Jan 24 with 3242 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Actually, having a fair and just society and legal system which treats everyone equally regardless of wealth, religious beliefs or previous crimes is the ambition of every civilised society. The fact that he committed a heinous crime does not mean that he has no right to protection under the law in the future. We do not know the facts of the case. If he was attacked or assaulted then I am struggling to see why a crime for which he has been rightly punished now means he loses all rights.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:07 - Jan 24 with 3231 viewsOxfordTH_1981

Really?

Hard cases make bad law. If you introduced it for this type of case, then soon the slippery slope would see that it was widened. It would also make terrorists into martyrs.
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:14 - Jan 24 with 3194 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Chop off the goolies I say
One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:49 - Jan 24 with 3121 viewsAdmiralFunge

One of the Lee Rigby murderers . on 14:00 - Jan 24 by unbelievablue

I was once asked 'what if your family was tortured, raped, murdered etc., you still wouldn't want the death penalty then?'

I replied in the affirmative. Delving into my very soul, framing a frank scrutiny of my self-supposed morality against the emotions which, in that situation, are not possible to imagine distinctly, I still believe that there is no crime nor act which would compel me to wish death upon the assailant.

The geezer then said 'that's rubbish cos you wouldn't know how you'd feel'; in one swoop, the reveal of his hypothesis rendered his question and my response futile.

That's the level we're dealing with here. On this, I will not equivocate.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2017 14:05]

Post of the day.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024